Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

lawred2 wrote: »
    I can understand the frustration but speaking from first hand experience you would be amazed the difference even a few extra percentage points worth of deposit available makes to the overall repayment cost of a mortgage.

The bigger the deposit the better for everyone. Banks and borrower.

It's not really for the Central Bank or Banks themselves to make allowances for our failed rental sector by allowing up to 100% mortgages.

absolutely & I wouldn't touch a 100% mortgate - that way madness lies. Bank ads are very annoying though. VERY

optogirl wrote: »
    absolutely & I wouldn't touch a 100% mortgate - that way madness lies. Bank ads are very annoying though. VERY

I'd love to be offered a 100% mortgage. Im going to be nearing retirement by the time I save 30k+ for a deposit while at the same time paying 1300 a month in rent. It really irritates me they wont take my current rent payments into consideration if I were to apply for a mortgage.

Put it this way, Im in this apartment for 4 years. 1300 a month by 12 months by 4 years is 62,400 euros. If I'd gotten a 300k mortgage instead of renting this place, I'd have paid off a 5th of it by now.
    However, the banks do take into account rent being paid at present when calculating your ability to repay a mortgage.

I still need a 10% deposit which for a modest starter home of 300k is 30,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,395 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I'd love to be offered a 100% mortgage. Im going to be nearing retirement by the time I save 30k+ for a deposit while at the same time paying 1300 a month in rent. It really irritates me they wont take my current rent payments into consideration if I were to apply for a mortgage.

Put it this way, Im in this apartment for 4 years. 1300 a month by 12 months by 4 years is 62,400 euros. If I'd gotten a 300k mortgage instead of renting this place, I'd have paid off a 5th of it by now.

I still need a 10% deposit which for a modest starter home of 300k is 30,000.

Help to buy reduces that to 15k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Put it this way, Im in this apartment for 4 years. 1300 a month by 12 months by 4 years is 62,400 euros. If I'd gotten a 300k mortgage instead of renting this place, I'd have paid off a 5th of it by now

No, you wouldn't. A 300k mortgage at current best interest rates over a short term of 20 years still costs you 402,720. You'd have paid off less than a sixth of it. And more realistically it'd be likely to be a 30 year mortgage monthly payment of 1,280 (keeping relative parity with your current monthly payments), for a total cost of 461,160. You'd have a seventh of it paid. Don't forget how much interest changes things.

But I completely understand your frustration and know exactly what you're saying, as I'm in deposit saving mode myself.

Anyway.....

I can't stand the VHI ads with the kiwi guy, or any of the VHI or LAYA ads, they really bother me!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,154 ✭✭✭✭flazio

So, ERM any adverts that were made badly rather than just advertising products you don't like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

That Supermilk double ad with the gimp family on holiday and the oh so cool daughter at home is really beginning to annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

ollaetta wrote: »
    That Supermilk double ad with the gimp family on holiday and the oh so cool daughter at home is really beginning to annoy me.

Me too. Why would you be delighted because it's raining at home? And the daughter who sells the guitar to buy food, but can send messages on an expensive looking phone, I'd be showing her the door when I got back.
    Also, that Malteasers ad is really getting on my nerves. The wan in the wheelchair.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

theres an ad for ladbrookes with chris kamara in it been all the characters in a cafe which is quite disturbing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Volkswagen ad where the Dad drops the daughter at school. He looks creepy to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

The new money supermarket ads are really annoying me. They've put all the parts of previous ads I've hated and added a new infuriating element into the mix. I don't care for grown men in denim shorts and high heels dancing around the place.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Forget what the ad is for but it features this CGI animated family at the breakfast table and a teenage daughter with this horribly annoying Australian style upper inflection in her voice. The animation is terrible and cheap looking too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

neris wrote: »
    Grant boilers. Talk about a cheap ****e dodgy irish ad the likes of which haven't been seen since the early 90s
    there is a grant ad where some "old school plumber" butts in between a couple in a shop and inappropriately has his arms on their shoulders.

It is so cheap they apparently could not even afford a second take when the couple made a complete & utter balls of giving themselves a high five.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

On a more positive note...

The ad where Three take the piss out of Eir is the funniest I've seen in a good while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

The ad for joe Duffy lifeline what a bag of tosspottery.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Me too. Why would you be delighted because it's raining at home? And the daughter who sells the guitar to buy food, but can send messages on an expensive looking phone, I'd be showing her the door when I got back.
    Also, that Malteasers ad is really getting on my nerves. The wan in the wheelchair.

"I got the Best Man's number".
    I'd have to question his fetish fondness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Gwynplaine wrote: »

I like that ad! It's cute and good for the image of disabled folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

There's a hungry house/justeat (I can't remember which one) ad on the radio and telly that bugs me to my core. Some lad singing about a chow mein and making his mate sing along. The voice goes through me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

On a more positive note...

The ad where Three take the piss out of Eir is the funniest I've seen in a good while.

The one with the breaths? That's an old ad. What makes you think they're taking the piss out of Eir?

The Mister Kipling ad with the slideshow was good the first time I saw it but it seems to be on every break now.

Also the ad for Always sensitive bladder. Do women really have that many "accidents"?

razorblunt wrote: »
    "I got the Best Man's number".
    I'd have to question his fetish fondness.

To be honest I think shes cute. And no. I don't have some weird fetish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

That Mace ad with the happy trippy orange cartoonish mad faces, annoying as hell and actually something a bit creepy about the ghoulish smiles on their faces, that makes it slightly uncomfortable viewing!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

To be honest I think shes cute. And no. I don't have some weird fetish.

Off to the "Unusual person you fancy" thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

razorblunt wrote: »
    Off to the "Unusual person you fancy" thread!

FAIL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

SteoL wrote: »
    The one with the breaths? That's an old ad What makes you think their taking the piss out of Eir?

The Mister Kipling ad with the slideshow was good the first time I saw it but it seems to be on every break now.

Also the ad for Always sensitive bladder. Do women really have that many "accidents"?

It was annoying the first time around, and it's still just as annoying this time.

That Mace ad with the happy trippy orange cartoonish mad faces, annoying as hell and actually something a bit creepy about the ghoulish smiles on their faces, that makes it slightly uncomfortable viewing!!!!!!

Horrible cover of a great song too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

The bit at the end where the smiley head figure in a shop uniform is dancing like a maniac is especially weird. Looks like some throwback to 90's rave culture and he's off his face on E's.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Vodafone pigman would have been better off going to the gardai! :pac:

https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/835929009645096962
    An Garda Síochána ‏Verified account
    @GardaTraffic

Ziggy the Piggy (it really is his name) was reunited with his
    owner, just a quick check up with the vet and OINK he goes! Thanks to all

C5nQ8-jWgAIZ8ZB.jpg

https://lovin.ie/counties/wicklow/the-little-lost-micro-pig-was-reunited-with-his-owners
    We told you yesterday of the micro pig that was found by Greystones Gardaí in Kilcoole, Co. Wicklow.

And how they were urgently reaching out to try and reunite the pig with its owners.

Well, great news, because Zippy the Piggy (!!!) was last night reunited with his family <3
    Garda Info‏Verified account @gardainfo Feb 26

This little piggy is called ziggy . not sue or pinky or perky. Owner reclaimed. We all love a happy ending.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Fecking horrible.

Kind of reminds me of this.

This little piggy is called ziggy . not sue or pinky or perky. Owner reclaimed. We all love a happy ending.

And the gardai who found Ziggy were invited round on Sunday for bacon sandwiches.

Guard: Can we go and see Ziggy and, you know, say goodbye?
    Owner: That'll be difficult. You just ate bits of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

neris wrote: »
    theres an ad for ladbrookes with chris kamara in it been all the characters in a cafe which is quite disturbing

Some arse on him though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Fecking horrible.

Agree, I'd add that ad (Mace smiley face clowns) to the 2017 shortlist for worst ad, if we have one. Excruciating advert to see and hear.

Advertisement