Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

I am getting very annoyed by that inane woman who has just been set up with a smart home and starts prancing around in her socks. Is this an Irish ad? She sound English but the other guy sounds Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

I am getting very annoyed by that inane woman who has just been set up with a smart home and starts prancing around in her socks. Is this an Irish ad? She sound English but the other guy sounds Irish.

The "Google play some music" wan? Yeah Im pretty sure it's Irish.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I have to mute that ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

The Colgate Total ad has a woman doing the voice over who says 'bacterior' instead of bacteria. Multiple times.

She’s English and the accent varies in the ad, there’s one bit where she’s dubbed with an Irish one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

those new supervalue adds i can only assume the director / marketing crowd said "something a bit cheesy tongue in cheek. Oh my god especially the part where these 3 people with towels on their heads are doing a dance with crackerbread wearing sunglasses indoors:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

She’s English and the accent varies in the ad, there’s one bit where she’s dubbed with an Irish one.

It’s a virgin ad and it’s for the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

OK that's where the confusion lies. Terrible ad anyway.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I know it's been mentioned before but 'scull shooz awwready' is back and just as annoying as ever.

The good thing about this thread is it makes me laugh about some ads, so they are slightly less annoying when I next see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Pretty much any advertisement on youtube.

They all seem to feature carbon copies of the same Mark Zuckerberg looking fúcker. 30 something white lads swanning around sleek 'googly' looking offices in grey t-shirts, telling you how great their app is or how to become a bazillionaire by reading a book per day.

They usually begin with statements like:

"I know what you're thinking, another silly get-rich-quick ad, but before you skip...."

There's one particularly smug looking English fella in some hip restaurant eating a salad and someone asks him how he became so successful , to which he responds "that's a really good question". What a cúnt!

Other culprits are Arkadium (whatever that is) and Wix.

You just know the lads featured are unmerciful prícks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

They all seem to feature carbon copies of the same Mark Zuckerberg looking fúcker. 30 something white lads swanning around sleek 'googly' looking offices in grey t-shirts, telling you how great their app is or how to become a bazillionaire by reading a book per day.

"I know what you're thinking, another silly get-rich-quick ad, but before you skip...."

There's one particularly smug looking English fella in some hip restaurant eating a salad and someone asks him how he became so successful , to which he responds "that's a really good question". What a cúnt!

Well said. I can't press the Skip Ads button fast enough.

Trivago have a new staycation ad which for some reason I find really cheesy.

"Mam booked a hotel she found on Trivago. It was just a few hours away. It was the best time of my life, because I met <name of girl>"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Plantur shampoo. It's especially popular with women over forty...
    I don't know why that pees me off so much but it does.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

That Lidl/Aldi one with the grandparents talking about their honeymoon is back, I don't hate it, in fact I love John looking at the camera with a 'Why are these pricks here?' expression on his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭Acosta

Kathryn Thomas and Brennan's. Christ!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Acosta wrote: »
    Kathryn Thomas and Brennan's. Christ!

She has this smug sense of self-satisfaction...

It's disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

the 3 mobile data ad with the kid n the grandad looking for a monster under the bed is starting to get on my tits its on every fupin ad break

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Some dodgy ads making some dodgy claims on youtube. Was one for an "industrictible" drone where the designer had been fired from his previous job for designing it and some dodgy ones pushing get rich quick trading and stock market ads.

The Purple Bricks one where the lady phones the man while he's in the bath and he is really angry about it. Why did you answer your phone you muppet. Turn it off if you want chill out time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

neris wrote: »
    Some dodgy ads making some dodgy claims on youtube. Was one for an "industrictible" drone where the designer had been fired from his previous job for designing it and some dodgy ones pushing get rich quick trading and stock market ads.

Them and Udemy. I get a TON of Udemy adverts. It wouldn't be so bad, except I've seen one or two artists call out Udemy 'instructors' for stealing/ tracing their work.

It's really noticable when you see the 'instructor' can't draw a circle or a straight line, so the disparity in styles is very noticable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭oneweb

Generally dubbed toothpaste ads. You're meant to look at their mouths to see how [insert adjective] the toothpaste is. But you see the mouth is clearly not matching up to what you hear.

Which leads me nicely to one of my favourites - the hearing aid ad that was reduced volume throughout :pac:

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭oneweb

Them and Udemy. I get a TON of Udemy adverts. It wouldn't be so bad, except I've seen one or two artists call out Udemy 'instructors' for stealing/ tracing their work.

It's really noticable when you see the 'instructor' can't draw a circle or a straight line, so the disparity in styles is very noticable.

I've come across this with Udemy too.

It is what it's.

The Vanish infomercial with a smug muppet showing an audience of obvious ham actors how good vanish is. It is so cringeworthy, even David Brent would blush.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

The Argos one where the family are super-happy after they fill their back garden full of useless tat. The eejit of a dad blasting his crap music out as well, wouldn't like to live beside them.

And the U Switch ad where the father takes up electric guitar. He is doing an Eddie Van Halen type solo despite never moving his hand at all. Good trick that :rolleyes:

It's dreadful! so misjudged.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

The opening bars on this Ford ad,

:mad: :mad: :mad: Awahh, heyyyaa, awahh, heyyaa :mad: :mad: :mad:

cuts right into my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

neris wrote: »
    the 3 mobile data ad with the kid n the grandad looking for a monster under the bed is starting to get on my tits its on every fupin ad break

I do hope someone at 3s marketing department make a post watershed ad where everything is the same except for there being an absolutely horrific looking monster under the bed and the grandfather just makes his excuses and ends the call.

It would be comedy gold and get people talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,276 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

FGR wrote: »
    I do hope someone at 3s marketing department make a post watershed ad where everything is the same except for there being an absolutely horrific looking monster under the bed and the grandfather just makes his excuses and ends the call.

It would be comedy gold and get people talking.

Blood spattered tablet drops to floor, kid falls silent...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭Acosta

Blood spattered tablet drops to floor, kid falls silent...

If this thread is anything to go by, there's a market for a comedy sketch show involving recreating ads we all hate to make along with other scenarios horrible things happen to the people in them. Apres Match used to take the piss out of some annoying ads. Craig Doyle and happy smug beardy Bord Bia guy etc.

Permanent TSB with the ad for the jogger who has just spotted her perfect home. :rolleyes:
    Unless money is no object to her, i wouldnt get her hopes up. Id imagine many others will have the same idea in this idyllic leafy suburb where demand > supply

• Advertisement

Permanent TSB with the ad for the jogger who has just spotted her perfect home. :rolleyes:
    Unless money is no object to her, i wouldnt get her hopes up. Id imagine many others will have the same idea in this idyllic leafy suburb where demand > supply

Everytime that ad comes on, my dad points out that she says "i shouldn't have eaten so late" and then "I'd love a dog". He suggests she's hungry and wants grilled terrier.

Lidl ad: you can even make the "boop" sound for the craic!

No, i won't be making that sound.

Also, surely if it's scanning your QR code from the app, it'll make that sound itself?

Advertisement