Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

neris wrote: »
    the 3 mobile data ad with the kid n the grandad looking for a monster under the bed is starting to get on my tits its on every fupin ad break

The monster is in the Virgin Mobile yeti advert and is on every fupin ad break as well - turn on the TV and ye'll have no problem finding him lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

The Vodafone space ad is driving me mad like no other. I thought that their previous add with the kids singing was hell, but they've outdone themselves. I just flicked through a few channels and it was on on two different channels within about a minute of each other.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭Archeron

Hey I recognise that sound, it's a weirdo in the laundrette three floors down washing a single runner for some reason. Quickly fellow attractive young woman, grab a couple of sunhats and a bottle of bubbles, perhaps we can get there before the limbo contest. There ain't no party like a nescafe azeera single runner in a washing machine party.
    Asshats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Tim76 wrote: »
    The monster is in the Virgin Mobile yeti advert and is on every fupin ad break as well - turn on the TV and ye'll have no problem finding him lads!

That Virgin Yeti ad would be vastly improved by him going on a rampage ripping hipsters heads off instead of posing for selflies and having cosy chats with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,940 ✭✭✭spookwoman

That Virgin Yeti ad would be vastly improved by him going on a rampage ripping hipsters heads off instead of posing for selflies and having cosy chats with them.

Maybe having selfies with the severed heads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

spookwoman wrote: »
    Maybe having selfies with the severed heads?

Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

I wonder do ad agencies read this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I wonder do ad agencies read this thread?
    Oh For sure. There is a name for them I forget but there are tech groups hired by companies to monitor what is being said about them online. McDonalds for instance, they use programs to check everywhere online where McDonalds is mentioned, is something positive or negative said about them. The techies send a summary of the feedback to the companies regularly.
    It is becoming a big business.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Oh For sure. There is a name for them I forget but there are tech groups hired by companies to monitor what is being said about them online. McDonalds for instance, they use programs to check everywhere online where McDonalds is mentioned, is something positive or negative said about them. The techies send a summary of the feedback to the companies regularly.

Yeah, case in point-the Kendall Jenner pepsi advert.

The advert debuted online, and within hours was one of the most reviled adverts of our time.

Pepsi immediately pulled it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

That Aviva ad with the fella thinking his watch has been robbed after a break-in is back doing the rounds again.

I would feel bereft too if I discovered my OH was wearing the watch my late father bequethed to me as well without my knowing. It wasn't hers to wear willy-nilly. Couture me hole. The bitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

McDonalds for instance, they use programs to check everywhere online where McDonalds is mentioned, is something positive or negative said about them. The techies send a summary of the feedback to the companies regularly.

McDonalds your paper straws are ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Social Media Ad .... Renault

I thought initially they were Rubgy but they are GAA. The guy doing the impressions seems to have made a living from it also!

https://twitter.com/renaultireland/status/1291705653421985793

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

. McDonalds for instance, they use programs to check everywhere online where McDonalds is mentioned, is something positive or negative said about them. The techies send a summary of the feedback to the companies regularly.

I really think all McDonalds addsare great, I think they are the best, McDonalds would be so pleased that I love their adds so much they should give me free food.
    (Except their breakfast, that's sh1te)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭donegal_man

I wouldn't say I "despise" them exactly but those "RAF... sponsors high flying entertainment on Four" ads on Channel 4 strike me as deeply bizarre.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

That Aviva ad with the fella thinking his watch has been robbed after a break-in is back doing the rounds again.

I would feel bereft too if I discovered my OH was wearing the watch my late father bequethed to me as well without my knowing. It wasn't hers to wear willy-nilly. Couture me hole. The bitch.

That ad bugged me too, I think I posted about it before.
    I presume the reason he is happy about her wearing it is that, as a result, it didn't get stolen when the place was ransacked. I still don't like the idea though of someone wearing something sentimental belonging to another person, without the owner's permission.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Now THAT would be an ad! :D

BBC ad telling parents to stick the kids in front of the telly and let them bingewatch boxsets to keep them out of your hair :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Would it be safe to assume V0d@f0ne don't use such a service?

Marketing people, estate agents and most politicians - hell awaits you!

Habito and their graphically violent ads. There is a new one where a man has his arms and legs eaten by pirahna fish.
    Todays children will one day be on the 'what scared you as a child' thread talking about these ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

I see the Maltesers "just a snog" ad is doing the rounds again - haven't the Irish people suffered enough at this stage!

• Advertisement

Tim76 wrote: »
    I see the Maltesers "just a snog" ad is doing the rounds again - haven't the Irish people suffered enough at this stage!

Yes, I saw it as I fast forwarded through something I recorded last night. Couldn't get past it quick enough.

Youtube have a thumbs up or down button for their ads. I take great pleasure in giving them all thumbs down while I wait to skip them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

TomTomTim wrote: »
    The Vodafone space ad is driving me mad like no other. I thought that their previous add with the kids singing was hell, but they've outdone themselves. I just flicked through a few channels and it was on on two different channels within about a minute of each other.

Between the electric Ireland ad with the astronaut in it and the Vodafone Starfleet ad, what is it with Irish companies and space?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

stoneill wrote: »
    I really think all McDonalds addsare great, I think they are the best, McDonalds would be so pleased that I love their adds so much they should give me free food.
    (Except their breakfast, that's sh1te)

Why I strongly disagree and do indeed beg to differ! McDonalds' breakfasts should be the cornerstone of all an Irishman's breakfast!*

*please send free breakfast

After reading the comment about the 'aww yeah' music at the beginning of the Ford ads - I never noticed it until now and yes, it's horrific.

TomTomTim wrote: »

You'd think when she looked in the stars and saw a pot, she'd go in the kitchen and cook dinner, truthfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

FGR wrote: »
    Why I strongly disagree and do indeed beg to differ! McDonalds' breakfasts should be the cornerstone of all an Irishman's breakfast!*

*please send free breakfast

I'm on the fence here. I will need to keep sampling the hashbrowns and coffee to decide. Please send free breakfast, McDonalds. In return, I will eventually give my expert opinion as a fried food and coffee reviewer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Ultima Thule

It's no ordinary butter.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Youtube have a thumbs up or down button for their ads. I take great pleasure in giving them all thumbs down while I wait to skip them.

How have I never noticed this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

There's some liquid detergent ad on at the moment with a bunch of American hipsters singing about how to use it. Jesus, it doesn't half grate on my nerves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

For no reason at all, I always got the impression they were siblings.

Advertisement