Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,632 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

A radio ad does my head in

Or more accurately - the voice actor

That plonker who does the ads for skoda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Seamai wrote: »
    There's some liquid detergent ad on at the moment with a bunch of American hipsters singing about how to use it. Jesus, it doesn't half grate on my nerves.

Well, you'll be delighted to hear that one of them has since died.

I can’t remember what it’s for, maybe coffee, but that one where they all end up having a very lame party in a launderette has returned and it’s as hateful as ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Well, you'll be delighted to hear that one of them has since died.

Are you trying to make me feel guilty? All that chirpyness didn't save him.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

FGR wrote: »

After reading the comment about the 'aww yeah' music at the beginning of the Ford ads - I never noticed it until now and yes, it's horrific.

Sorry! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

God that Argos ad encouraging filling your garden with disposable plastic crap, its nauseating. "Good life,good life, good life" playing in the background aswell like a piss-take of mindless consumerism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

I can’t remember what it’s for, maybe coffee, but that one where they all end up having a very lame party in a launderette has returned and it’s as hateful as ever.

I saw that was back yesterday for the first time. I hated before and I utterly despise it now because they have managed to make it longer

Seamai wrote: »
    Are you trying to make me feel guilty? All that chirpyness didn't save him.

Not at all. Thought it might make you happy?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

TomTomTim wrote: »
    The Vodafone space ad is driving me mad like no other. I thought that their previous add with the kids singing was hell, but they've outdone themselves. I just flicked through a few channels and it was on on two different channels within about a minute of each other.

Her voice really irritatesssssssssssss me, something about the way she pronounces her ssssssssssssss.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,940 ✭✭✭spookwoman

That po po po pod ad is back on with the idiots,

• Advertisement

The national lottery ad about the guy who can't play golf. It feels like it goes on for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

The national lottery ad about the guy who can't play golf. It feels like it goes on for ages.

It's a sure fire way to max out someone's attention span.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Sam Hain wrote: »
    For no reason at all, I always got the impression they were siblings.

I thought she was his daughter...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

The three monster under the bed ad would be better with a follow up where grandad rings his son/ daughter and says - “would ye tell that ****er to stop video calling me at 10pm for the ****in monster under his bed?! I’m in mid **** and mid bottle of wine and this goofy ****er is asking me to look under the bed for a ****in monster - he’s totally throwing off my wrist game”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭Acosta

Why do they spend so much money on these silly ads? Surely people can imagine what they can do with millions of euro. Just tell me what the amount is this week and get off my tv. At least they've moved on from the bloody Island for Ireland ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,599 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The ESB advert being reshown recently, why is this being aired when consumers in this country have no alternative to choosing ESB as their provider of electrical infrastructure? Does the company have a certain proportion of money it must burn on complete waste of time advertising each year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Acosta wrote: »
    Why do they spend so much money on these silly ads? Surely people can imagine what they can do with millions of euro. Just tell me what the amount is this week and get off my tv. At least they've moved on from the bloody Island for Ireland ****.

It's not their money. All the advertising is paid for out of the unclaimed winnings.
    The logic being (according to the PR person) and get this, 'It's so the ads make people play more and then we have more money to give to the good causes'

That's some twisted logic right there. I would say it works in their favour funnily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

The ESB advert being reshown recently, why is this being aired when consumers in this country have no alternative to choosing ESB as their provider of electrical infrastructure? Does the company have a certain proportion of money it must burn on complete waste of time advertising each year?

there are several alternatives to ESB , SSE , Energia and Pinergy are all on the market as alternatives SSE run 3 or 4 power stations around the country

they used to own the full market once which would ask the question you are asking as to why did they run adverts in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 16,276 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Permanent TSB with the ad for the jogger who has just spotted her perfect home. :rolleyes:
    Unless money is no object to her, i wouldnt get her hopes up. Id imagine many others will have the same idea in this idyllic leafy suburb where demand > supply

Thought this as well.
    Unless she has bales of drug money lying around or she's the CEO of a multinational, there's not a hope in hell she can buy that house.

Manage your expectations kids, you're gonna be under mommy and daddy's feet for a while yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

That Turkish Airlines ad about the socially distant holidays and the kid normalising it all. Very very American.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,587 ✭✭✭jackboy

Thought this as well.
    Unless she has bales of drug money lying around or she's the CEO of a multinational, there's not a hope in hell she can buy that house.

Manage your expectations kids, you're gonna be under mommy and daddy's feet for a while yet...

That house might be in Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That SuperValu ad is on too much. Nobody cares that you are paying closer for water, mince and burger buns as customers in Aldi and Lidl have for years

• Registered Users Posts: 9,940 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Reminds me another ad where the song (What's Going On By The 4 Non Blondes) massacred . Can't remember what it was for but had different people singing lines.
    I remember now, it's Boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

spookwoman wrote: »
    Reminds me another ad where the song (What's Going On By The 4 Non Blondes) massacred . Can't remember what it was for but had different people singing lines.
    I remember now, it's Boss.

Tbf, that song is an abomination. You can't kill it, it's already dead.

Oh dang, just saw it's Emma Roberts in the advert, asking 'what makes you feel alive'...

Uh, how about not being the victim of your domestic violence Emma?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2366343/Emma-Roberts-arrested-domestic-violence-boyfriend-Evan-Peters-leaving-actor-bloody-nose-bite-mark.html

The three monster under the bed ad would be better with a follow up where grandad rings his son/ daughter and says - “would ye tell that ****er to stop video calling me at 10pm for the ****in monster under his bed?! I’m in mid **** and mid bottle of wine and this goofy ****er is asking me to look under the bed for a ****in monster - he’s totally throwing off my wrist game”

Well, he does make a reference to a one eyed monster in the advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

The Ariel pod ad, "if your clothes get dirty just do it again", great advice, I've been tossing my dirty clothes in the bin for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,276 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

jackboy wrote: »
    That house might be in Leitrim.

Yep. Ad agency, most likely Dublin based, drags everyone to the wilds of Leitrim to film a house affordable to a presumably single jogging woman...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Yep. Ad agency, most likely Dublin based, drags everyone to the wilds of Leitrim to film a house affordable to a presumably single jogging woman...

No no, she’s on the phone to her poor demented partner gushing about this hacienda, probably the fourth one that week:mad: It’s a dreadful ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Your Working From Hewm Hewm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

The adverts for Calgon that are dubbed into English from another language - That's just too cheap an approach in this day and age, where a teenager could knock out a better version by filming a regional specific version on their phone.

They also conveniently (for them) give the impression that limescale is a much more common and widespread problem, than it actually is, in this country.

But still ' Washing machines live longer'.... apparently :rolleyes:

Advertisement