Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

That's all very dull and sensible ?

Half the fun is releasing built up bile and invective at the ones you hate !

Good... good... let the hate flow through you...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

That's all very dull and sensible ?

Half the fun is releasing built up bile and invective at the ones you hate !

Get a life dude !

Hi Flashy.

I love Lamb. I love stir fries, It'd never occur to me to incorporate the two. In fact, I'm not convinced it would actually work.

Off topic but lamb stirfry is lovely! Just a bit of sesame oil and soy sauce, works a treat. I just find the premise of the ad irritating, as if two adults would have only just discovered lamb! It's not the most logical thing to be getting worked up over but hey....

Off topic but lamb stirfry is lovely! Just a bit of sesame oil and soy sauce, works a treat. I just find the premise of the ad irritating, as if two adults would have only just discovered lamb! It's not the most logical thing to be getting worked up over but hey....

I'll try it. But yeah I agree the premise is silly. Generally I choose the dish I'm going to do and buy the ingredients for it, not the other way around.

I grow rosemary plants and love the marriage of rosemary and lamb so generally opt for roasted or pan fried, with onion gravy and mashed or roasted potatoes. Rosemary works great with both also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

filippo berio filippo berio filippo berio filippo berio filippo berio
    Olive oil.

Bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,056 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Ah lads did you see the abomination for ristorante pizza, definitely the worst I've ever seen.

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Ah lads did you see the abomination for ristorante pizza, definitely the worst I've ever seen.

My husband hates that ad too! If I want to wind him up I can lean in and just hum that last bit into his ear... It's not a joke anymore though!!

My husband hates that ad too! If I want to wind him up I can lean in and just hum that last bit into his ear... It's not a joke anymore though!!

Judge: Tell me Mr Budgese, why are you filing for divorce?
    Mr Budgese: My wife keeps humming the music to Ristorante ads in my ear.
    Judge:
    approved.png

• Registered Users Posts: 16,271 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

CoBo55 wrote: »

Factory made frozen German pizza is an abomination in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,056 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Be careful he doesn't have anything sharp in his hand...

• Advertisement

Business Developer: Good news everyone! I've registered the company name for our new food manufacturer. Unfortunately Goodfellas our first choice was already taken.
    CEO: What did you choose instead?
    Business Developer: Dr Oetker.
    CEO: What? That sounds like a company that makes powder for itchy feet.

Husband was on nightshift when I saw the pizza ad... I went "oh no!! Oh god please no!!" Then went we sat down to watch TV, I had to take his hand and say "Oh, hun, please don't be afraid, but it's back. The ad. It's back." He immediately overreacted and scared the living crap out of our cats and dog and yelled "Not the f##king pizza one!!"

Actually a true story.

Husband was on nightshift when I saw the pizza ad... I went "oh no!! Oh god please no!!" Then went we sat down to watch TV, I had to take his hand and say "Oh, hun, please don't be afraid, but it's back. The ad. It's back." He immediately overreacted and scared the living crap out of our cats and dog and yelled "Not the f##king pizza one!!"

Actually a true story.

I have a similar reaction to that Spar ad.

Ulster bank where the daughter spills milk on his passport application form or whatever it is. The daughter compares his picture to him and then shakes her head. WTF is all that about?

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Ulster bank where the daughter spills milk on his passport application form or whatever it is. The daughter compares his picture to him and then shakes her head. WTF is all that about?

I can't say I've wanted to know what it's about enough to actually pay attention, but now I know it's for Ulster Bank. Thanks.

I decided to watch some random ****e on Sky today, and the charity ads were worse than ever. "This is the sound of a baby bear being ripped from its mother's paws." JFC. Then something about a little boy starving to death in the next ad break.

It's not that I don't care, but these sorts of ads have been on for how many decades and the problems are still the same. No amount of aid will fix them.

I only pay for Sky so my mother can use it, and I don't see why I should have to watch these ads, it's expensive enough.

I think he was about to get angry over the milk soaked paper, but then they all laughed instead.

The ad annoys me because I know when I was a kid I would have got a clatter regardless! And probably an extra clatter for laughing at dad's old passport. Oh, different times!

To be fair I don't condone giving children a clattering at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I only pay for Sky so my mother can use it, and I don't see why I should have to watch these ads, it's expensive enough.

Always though that pay tv should have levels of ads

Basic package of Pay TV - 6mins per hour
    Next level - 3mins per hour
    Top level - none

You pay more the higher you go. Bit late now saying it!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭1990sman

the ads u see implemented in peoples everyday behaviour are sadly insidious. red cross my hole.

I think he was about to get angry over the milk soaked paper, but then they all laughed instead.

The ad annoys me because I know when I was a kid I would have got a clatter regardless! And probably an extra clatter for laughing at dad's old passport. Oh, different times!

To be fair I don't condone giving children a clattering at all!

I wouldn't have gotten a clatter, but the mood definitely would have been along the lines of For fecks sake. Not, lets all laugh about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,271 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Business Developer: Good news everyone! I've registered the company name for our new food manufacturer. Unfortunately Goodfellas our first choice was already taken.
    CEO: What did you choose instead?
    Business Developer: Dr Oetker.
    CEO: What? That sounds like a company that makes powder for itchy feet.

Food processor in Germany since the 1890s, and a shady past during WW2. I'm assuming the original Oetker had a doctorate in food science, not a medical doctor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

They're guilty of a lot of crimes but this is a step too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

The advert for 'DIY SOS: The Big Build' with Baz Ashmawy...

I can't imagine watching the show for ten seconds if the advert alone is anything to go by.

Especially the sign off by Baz with his 'Hard work is good work'...

Yes, 'hard work'... from a guy who got hammered drunk, tweeted himself getting hammered, and crashed a 100, 000 euro car. Pillock probably only turned up for an hour every day, shot his scenes, and fecked off home. Leaving the 'volunteers' to do the work.

Oh, and they're volunteers. While he was paid to do the show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

The advert for 'DIY SOS: The Big Build' with Baz Ashmawy...

I can't imagine watching the show for ten seconds if the advert alone is anything to go by.

Especially the sign off by Baz with his 'Hard work is good work'...

Yes, 'hard work'... from a guy who got hammered drunk, tweeted himself getting hammered, and crashed a 100, 000 euro car. Pillock probably only turned up for an hour every day, shot his scenes, and fecked off home. Leaving the 'volunteers' to do the work.

Oh, and they're volunteers. While he was paid to do the show.

And the hair ... ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Gervais08 wrote: »
    And the hair ... ffs.

Yeah, I know some of it was down to Covid lockdown and barber's being shut...

But he kept that bonce. Nope.

The Irish Osteoporosis ad. I mean I actually laughed the first time I saw it. It's so bad it should be a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭spookwoman

One I've seen on RTE few times for some car place in Dublin. Real dodgy looking fella that you wouldn't buy an apple off never mind a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

spookwoman wrote: »
    One I've seen on RTE few times for some car place in Dublin. Real dodgy looking fella that you wouldn't buy an apple off never mind a car.

Looks totally dodge alright. Spouting "you can trust us cos we care" or some garbage wording like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Whestsidestory

The new chef ad with Paul McGrath...nothing against the fellas but that ad is like something shown at half time in the 1988 all Ireland final

spookwoman wrote: »

Bad credit, no problems!

Yeah because if you don't pay your debts he'll send the lads round in the van.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Topcashback on uk tv with the stephen donnelly looka a like. Good way to increase the hate towards him

Advertisement