Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,395 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

VIPoo

Just... Just... No

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

madmaggie wrote: »
    I think it's an ad for a bank, two hipster eejits dancing around a living room decorated with horrible retro 70s wallpaper. I saw that paper first time round, and it was horrible then.

Two of the most punchable faces I've seen in a long time...

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Two of the most punchable faces I've seen in a long time...

Yer wan especially has this unbearably smug expression.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

KBC bank. awful ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The Corsa ad with the couple at "Makeout Creek", she's impressed that his car has wifi and asks for the password. He mumbles "corsa2017". You can hear men giggling in the background and it's 3 lads in a Corsa with the driver shouting "upper case C" and shaking their heads.

That's 3 grown men (they look 30) hanging out in a known area in a Corsa.
    Settle down lads, at least the other fella is trying to get his end away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,395 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

razorblunt wrote: »
    The Corsa ad with the couple at "Makeout Creek", she's impressed that his car has wifi and asks for the password. He mumbles "corsa2017". You can hear men giggling in the background and it's 3 lads in a Corsa with the driver shouting "upper case C" and shaking their heads.

That's 3 grown men (they look 30) hanging out in a known area in a Corsa.
    Settle down lads, at least the other fella is trying to get his end away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3F_Y6yqmCA

utterly stupid

She also looks wrecked after 40 seconds of poxy dancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

The Ulster Bank ads. The ones they run just before most rugby internationals and have been doing so since the last RWC in 2015. Is nothing sacred anymore, is there nothing that can't be bought by some bank or insurance company or corporation. The build up to a game is a big part of the overall experience, marred by Ulster Bank and their insistence that we know about their amazing services. Okay Ulster Bank, you are a bank, we get it, you sell bank related services. Same when a game ends, instead of seeing the players reaction to the game and be allowed a moment to reflect it's straight back to fecking ads again and to the mute button. Get in the sea Ulster Bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭trashcan

"All you can eat data". F**k off there, like a good chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭4Ad

The KBC advert with the two dancing..agh

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

She's 55

I can't stand the Vodafone "Team of Us" ones with the Irish rugby team. That music would work well for an ad with the West Indies cricket team but with our lot it's just bizarre.

Go way outa that. Epic tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

"You get 2 nights and 2 days free at Disneyland Paris when you book with Abbey Travel"

Eh that's not an exclusive offer from Abbey Travel only (actually works out dearer with Abbey than booking directly from Disney)!

Hate that, it's not what you say, it's the way you say it, misleading advertisement!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

M&M sweets - the ads are getting worse and they were never good.
    The one on at the moment where he's in bed with a woman, it takes the biscuit for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,958 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

blueser wrote: »
    I don't mind that ad, actually. The resigned look your man (Benicio Del Toro, isn't it?) gives the camera when he's mistaken for Antonio Banderas is brilliant.

the worst thing is the subtitle saying "this is not Antonio Banderas" that has very obviously been shoehorned in after the ad was complete

Ad exec "so, is that Antonio Banderas?"
    Creative "for the last time, no! that's the joke!"
    Ad exec "put a subtitle in, we don't want people getting confused..."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

darkdubh wrote: »
    Go way outa that. Epic tune.

It is a good tune. It just doesn't fit with irish rugby!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

loyatemu wrote: »
    "this is not Antonio Banderas" that has very obviously been shoehorned in after the ad was complete
    I would have thought it was planned from the start, especially as it says
    "this is NOT Antonio Banderas" with not in capitals.

The "it's world famous, like me" bit makes me cringe, obviously heineken were too scabby to fork out for a genuinely widely recognised face, like DeNiro, Pacino, Brad Pitt or maybe DiCaprio.

I also never heard of people confused between him & Banderas before, but have heard of Pacino & DeNiro being confused, and Pacino/Dustin Hoffman -so either one of those would be ideal.

I also did not cop the coors guy was Jean Claude Van Damme for ages. I don't know if they named him from the start in them, but they do in some -and I did think that was a case of "shoehorning it in later". I wondered WTF was this guy with the mullet, as he looked pretty normal besides the horrific mullet and denim.

They wouldn't dare to Samuel L Jackson & Laurence Fishburne for fear of being accused of racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Capt Peacock

Not sure if its been mentioned but whenever I see vodafones Team of us for the Irish rugby team I want to stick knitting needles in my eyes. It is beyond irritating. #NotTheTeamOfMe
    I loathe rugby union btw

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Carrols ham, the boy who cut his sisters hair and the dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

The Skoda ad with the child singing Black Velvet, terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

All these stupid ads making bits of great songs with their own crappy lyrics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

smilerf wrote: »
    All these stupid ads making bits of great songs with their own crappy lyrics

Yes, and particularly at the moment, that Paddy Power "Walking on Sunshine" one. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭trashcan

The Denny ads, with that godawful annoying song. "Hooommebird siiing". Especially the one with the granny waiting for the daughter to arrive with her new baby, and the little "oh my god" she utters when they arrive. Reallly despise the whole premise behind theses ads - fluck off Denny, it's bloody rashers and sausages you're flogging.

If I see that gombeen shouting at the top of his voice about ham once more ill crack up

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

smilerf wrote: »
    If I see that gombeen shouting at the top of his voice about ham once more ill crack up

Brady ham?

Autosport wrote: »
    Brady ham?
    that's the one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

trashcan wrote: »
    The Denny ads, with that godawful annoying song. "Hooommebird siiing". Especially the one with the granny waiting for the daughter to arrive with her new baby, and the little "oh my god" she utters when they arrive. Reallly despise the whole premise behind theses ads - fluck off Denny, it's bloody rashers and sausages you're flogging.
    the misogynistic undertones in all those Denny ads annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

jackboy wrote: »
    the misogynistic undertones in all those Denny ads annoy me.

Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Renault Kadjar ad, that bloody song.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,378 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

VIPoo......................take me off this planet

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement

It's getting dark outside! Where is Jurgen Klopp?

Advertisement