Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The one with the blind gran cooking dinner.
    I hate when they use this toucy-feely, tug at the heartstrings stuff to try and sell you something.
    What is it saying exactly? If you don't buy this brand you don't support the blind?
    Looks like it is set in the 80s too. Did they have frozen Yorkshire puddings back then?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭elvis83

"Mum no screens at the table". Where the mother is having an important meeting at presumably dinner time (6-7 o'clock in the evening).

That bugs the **** out of me as she is affecting the work life balance of not only herself and her family, but the poor bastards dragged into a meeting well after working hours. I'd hate if she was my boss.

Can you imagine the rest of the team on the call when she just abruptly ends it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Haaard times in the mill

• Registered Users Posts: 9,056 ✭✭✭CoBo55

elvis83 wrote: »
    Can you imagine the rest of the team on the call when she just abruptly ends it?

Probably delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭trashcan

Yes its fupping dreadful, the aul wan droning on at the meeting and then the difference between her office face and her home face drives me spare :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

And another thing, do my ears deceive me or does she really ask one of her team for any comments "before they come in " ? Huh ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭elvis83

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Probably delighted.

Possibly. I'd be raging if I gave up my evening for a wagon like that only for her to decide on a whim that her time is more important than mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Was in the kitchen doing dinner earlier and hears what sounded like the proclaimers 5000 miles song being massacred as well in the same way they are doing all the songs lately. nothing is sacred

spookwoman wrote: »
    Was in the kitchen doing dinner earlier and hears what sounded like the proclaimers 5000 miles song being massacred as well in the same way they are doing all the songs lately. nothing is sacred

No harm it's a terrible song anyway... P.s. it's 500 miles:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone seen the new Permanent TSB ad? Its a continuation of the one with yer wan jogging till she finds a house. Now in this one she rings up the banker and she says to him 'lets do it'. Then the closing scene shows the banker calling around to their new house with a creepy grin on his face as he watches her hugging her boyfriend, he's just standing there looking creepy as fcuk like he wants to hop into bed with them. Since when do bankers call around to your house and start grinning at you, if that happens they are there to repossess the gaff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyone seen the new Permanent TSB ad? Its a continuation of the one with yer wan jogging till she finds a house. Now in this one she rings up the banker and she says to him 'lets do it'. Then the closing scene shows the banker calling around to their new house with a creepy grin on his face as he watches her hugging her boyfriend, he's just standing there looking creepy as fcuk like he wants to hop into bed with them. Since when do bankers call around to your house and start grinning at you, if that happens they are there to repossess the gaff.

Currently house hunting and this ad makes me homicidal. 'Let's do it'. Aaaaaand, there's your keys....
    :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Tesco Mobile

If you know you know

Stupid McDonald's ad where the mother gives her car to her young son. I hate it because
    > There isn't a teen in the country who would turn their nose up at a free car. No matter how ugly it is.
    > Your friends would not be laughing at you bacause you are driving your Mam's car. They would be looking for lifts to x, y and z. Any teen with a car of their own suddenly becomes Mr popular with their friends, no matter how ugly it is.
    > He drives to McDs using his Ma's petrol and buys her a cheap burger with her own money which he nicked out of the car. Thanks for nothing, son!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Stupid McDonald's ad where the mother gives her car to her young son. I hate it because
    > There isn't a teen in the country who would turn their nose up at a free car. No matter how ugly it is.
    > Your friends would not be laughing at you bacause you are driving your Mam's car. They would be looking for lifts to x, y and z. Any teen with a car of their own suddenly becomes Mr popular with their friends, no matter how ugly it is.
    > He drives to McDs using his Ma's petrol and buys her a cheap burger with her own money which he nicked out of the car. Thanks for nothing, son!

Also the re-dub for Irish channels

Elmo wrote: »

The dubbing is brutal. Possibly worse than the Christmas one with the kid playing reindeers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,271 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Elmo wrote: »

You can't expect a company making billions to be able to afford an Irish made ad.

Muahahaha wrote: »

I just saw it! I said to myself oh for fùck sake the worst ad on TV has a follow up. As if things aren't bad enough in the world. Sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

The dubbing is brutal. Possibly worse than the Christmas one with the kid playing reindeers.

The dubbing isn't too bad in that one tbf, the reindeer one was far worse.

I have seen both UK and Irish versions. They have also swapped the number plates to EU ones and changed the pounds to euros when he reaches down for change in the car. So not the worst regurgitated advert. The reindeers though, FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Either Fanta or Club Orange - Ding Dong absolutely stupid ad

• Registered Users Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Bloody Eirgrid at it now. Can't make out the song she is mumbling

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

The duracell ads with the rabbit with a terrible american accent

• Advertisement

Who the fcuk uses batteries in a controller anymore:confused: They're all rechargeable now.

Ah lads maybe it has been mentioned earlier but that Asda Ad is absolutely shocking.

Look at the size of his hands. He can't even reach the buttons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Ah lads maybe it has been mentioned earlier but that Asda Ad is absolutely shocking.

I have an irrational (or maybe not) to hunt that gob****e for sport.

Hate him!!!!!!!

Gervais08 wrote: »
    I have an irrational (or maybe not) to hunt that gob****e for sport.

Hate him!!!!!!!
    Wasn't he the paedo in Black Mirror that had to fight the young lad?
    He was also one of the men watching the xmas party through the guy's eyes on the White Christmas episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The GoMo advert..
    It looks like it was put together by a team on the apprentice. I keep picturing them shouting instructions to the people being filmed.
    What is with the guy pretending to fall, the girl shaking her hair etc..?

Stupid advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭sioda

Perf with surf sweet Jesus makes it stop

sioda wrote: »
    Perf with surf sweet Jesus makes it stop

I had to Google who that was when a mate says “I used to be a big fan but look at her”.

I’m still none the wiser!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Gervais08 wrote: »
    I had to Google who that was when a mate says “I used to be a big fan but look at her”.

I’m still none the wiser!!!!

Professional Cockney 'geezah' Danny Dyer's daughter Dani Dyer

• Advertisement

Professional Cockney 'geezah' Danny Dyer's daughter Dani Dyer

Ah!!! I’m with you!!

She has fans ???

Advertisement