Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

Yeah it’s fairly obvious what the general message of it is too, they’re eyeing the phones the whole time. It’s just a bit overdone but I’ve no idea where anyone is getting lesbians from.

Was the woman at the end looking through the coin operated binoculars in something else? She’s a very familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Yeah it’s fairly obvious what the general message of it is too, they’re eyeing the phones the whole time. It’s just a bit overdone but I’ve no idea where anyone is getting lesbians from.

Was the woman at the end looking through the coin operated binoculars in something else? She’s a very familiar.

There is a man dress as a dolphin clearly they are lesbians in lesbos and the other more attractive looking straight woman is look disappointingly at a dolphin instead of a woman! At the end of the day all women are lesbians they just haven't realized it yet.

It's all there.....just read between the lines. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭trashcan

I think some of these folks think the adverts are 'clever' or abstract. I remember Guinness made some 'what the hell was that?' adverts in the past.
    I know a teacher told us, the class, one time that some of these adverts are deliberately designed to annoy you.

The reason being, the one's that annoy the s**t out of you stay in your brain. It's like when you have One of those days where everything goes to crap.

There's probably more than something in that. If you think about it, the worst thing you can be is the bland ad that no-one can remember. Mind you, I think they are too clever at times with the annoying adds. Half the time I can't remember what it is they're flogging.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭screamer

jojofizzio wrote: »
    When I saw that sequel ad first I thought she was going out with the banker fella,there was so much flirting going on between them,then he arrives at the house and she’s all over some other bloke ,and there’s the jilted fella smiling coyly at the pair of them....couldn’t get my head around it:confused:

Thought the same thing, maybe it just shows what you have to do these days to get a mortgage!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

jojofizzio wrote: »
    When I saw that sequel ad first I thought she was going out with the banker fella,there was so much flirting going on between them,then he arrives at the house and she’s all over some other bloke ,and there’s the jilted fella smiling coyly at the pair of them....couldn’t get my head around it:confused:

yeah its bizarre, and then the banker at the end in slow motion with his cheesy grin looking at the couple hugging. Also it annoys me that in the first ad when she is jogging its a red brick house they're buying but its not the same house the banker calls around to in the sequel ad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Stupid McDonald's ad where the mother gives her car to her young son. I hate it because
    > There isn't a teen in the country who would turn their nose up at a free car. No matter how ugly it is.
    > Your friends would not be laughing at you bacause you are driving your Mam's car. They would be looking for lifts to x, y and z. Any teen with a car of their own suddenly becomes Mr popular with their friends, no matter how ugly it is.
    > He drives to McDs using his Ma's petrol and buys her a cheap burger with her own money which he nicked out of the car. Thanks for nothing, son!

Just saw that. It took me a minute to realise that the free car the kid got was something he had to endure.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

And I’ve just noticed that at the start of the ad the car is reversed into the drive as it should be. How did the car flip around?
    Don’t know why Volvo, of all companies, appear to be endorsing a very dangerous practice.
    The Volvo ad where the 2 fools go reversing their car blindly out onto the road. Then look at each other shocked when they almost cause an accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,056 ✭✭✭CoBo55

And I’ve just noticed that at the start of the ad the car is reversed into the drive as it should be. How did the car flip around?
    Don’t know why Colvo, of all companies, appear to be endorsing a very dangerous practice.

That song is absolutely dreadful....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The osteoporosis infomercial annoys me. I know it's well intentioned, but still annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The dubbing is brutal. Possibly worse than the Christmas one with the kid playing reindeers.

That one will be due another run in the next few weeks. Can't wait to put my foot through the tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,270 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Just saw that. It took me a minute to realise that the free car the kid got was something he had to endure.

Ungrateful little git.

What did he expect, a brand new Subaru?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I wanted to hate the lifebuoy advert (for the new handsoap).... but I can't, it's got this retro animation that's got so much charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭screamer

The radio ads for virgin broadband speed, some gob****e on a piano and some sausage tying butcher and the voice over guy taking the absolute p:ss out of them, makes my ears bleed.
    TBH I’d have the world record for speed of changing the radio station because of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

madmaggie wrote: »
    The osteoporosis infomercial annoys me. I know it's well intentioned, but still annoying.

How many more songs from my teenage years is it possible for them to mangle. It's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

There is an English ad for Brexit. Basically telling business owners that things will change after the 1st of Jan.
    Almost everyone in it comes across as surly and mildly patronising, like the viewer is a moron and they have to explain it really simply.
    One of them says 'I'll give you a moment to jot that down, first of Jan' :rolleyes:
    Yeah I think i can remember New Years day without writing it down thanks, ya muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ifconfig

Is it just me or is that McDonalds advert just deliberately cynically trying to pay some kind of cringy homage to Normal People and Connell/Paul Mescal ?

Casting a character as an awkward, gormless goofy college fresher type who awkwardly answers his mother's questions in one or two syllables .. and then finds sudden joy in life by buying a drive through takeaway and then cruising his neighbourhood blaring "all da hitz" on the car radio ?

I cannot help imagine that the brief for this advert sought a Connell lookalike and a kind of doting mother and full of awkward teenage angst and brutally inarticulate vibe - dull grey/dodgy haircut,etc.
    Within a year of his McDonalds epiphany he will be nominated for the Nobel Prize in Literature :)
    Ol' Donie wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 16,270 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

There is an English ad for Brexit. Basically telling business owners that things will change after the 1st of Jan.
    Almost everyone in it comes across as surly and mildly patronising, like the viewer is a moron and they have to explain it really simply.
    One of them says 'I'll give you a moment to jot that down, first of Jan' :rolleyes:
    Yeah I think i can remember New Years day without writing it down thanks, ya muppet.

The Irish (radio) one is some tennis themed thing with crowds cheering. There's not much to fcukin cheer about really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭jackboy

Muahahaha wrote: »
    yeah its bizarre, and then the banker at the end in slow motion with his cheesy grin looking at the couple hugging. Also it annoys me that in the first ad when she is jogging its a red brick house they're buying but its not the same house the banker calls around to in the sequel ad

That banker reminds me of littlefinger from game of thrones. He is just so creepy and looks like he is up to something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭Storm 10

The add for Tesco mobile has to be the most stupid one I ever saw two girls sitting on a bench on an Island cringy looking at each other and being watched through binoculars by another.

How do these get passed it's rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭Acosta

Argh! McDonald's dubbing Irish accents over English accents is so pointless and irritating when I've already seen it loads of times on UK TV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

The Volvo ad where the 2 fools go reversing their car blindly out onto the road. Then look at each other shocked when they almost cause an accident.

Just saw this a minute after reading your post.

Remarkable ad. If you and your partner are sufficiently imbecilic that you wouldn't think of having one or other of you guide a car with your children into it onto a road that trucks fly down, then this is the car for you.

But really, neither of you should have a licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Darth Melkor

Acosta wrote: »
    Argh! McDonald's dubbing Irish accents over English accents is so pointless and irritating when I've already seen it loads of times on UK TV

They change the car registrations to Dublin ones and the change in the car to euros but forget 20 mph signs and the red Post boxes!

The ad with some english comedian standing in front of her mirror and putting on moisturiser thet she got for free while waffling away.
    'Someone said my skin looks nice, she gets to stay in the inner circle, haw haw'.
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

The viewer is a moron. If Brexit had been explained to them really simply in the first place then they wouldn't be in this mess!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

jackboy wrote: »
    That banker reminds me of littlefinger from game of thrones. He is just so creepy and looks like he is up to something.

Permanent Support
    Online-Phone- Branch-In your girlfriends knickers

Tim76 wrote: »
    The viewer is a moron. If Brexit had been explained to them really simply honestly in the first place then they wouldn't be in this mess!
    FYP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

QUOTE DEVIL.IE CAN SAVE YOU MONEY...................ON YOUR CAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRR INSURANCE............

I'm not a violent person, but I'd love to grab that John Mcguire and put his head through a very thick piece of glass at high speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 NeftDaslari

Did they have to edit 20 seconds out of that Tesco mobile ad? I cannot explain what’s going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,056 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Did they have to edit 20 seconds out of that Tesco mobile ad? I cannot explain what’s going on.

It really has to be removed it's absolutely dreadful.

Does anyone know what that Ikea ad is all about? I really don't get it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭trashcan

ifconfig wrote: »
    Is it just me or is that McDonalds advert just deliberately cynically trying to pay some kind of cringy homage to Normal People and Connell/Paul Mescal ?

Casting a character as an awkward, gormless goofy college fresher type who awkwardly answers his mother's questions in one or two syllables .. and then finds sudden joy in life by buying a drive through takeaway and then cruising his neighbourhood blaring "all da hitz" on the car radio ?

I cannot help imagine that the brief for this advert sought a Connell lookalike and a kind of doting mother and full of awkward teenage angst and brutally inarticulate vibe - dull grey/dodgy haircut,etc.
    Within a year of his McDonalds epiphany he will be nominated for the Nobel Prize in Literature :)

100% going for that vibe alright. Ironically Paul Mescal came to prominence in an ad himself, the Denny "Bali ........haunis" ad. Which wasn't actually the worst.

Advertisement