Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

It's getting dark outside! Where is Jurgen Klopp?
    Can you not see the light pollution from the gleam off those teeth?

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

AIB ad with the tree house. First we had that obnoxious posh family with the new car. Now we have posh spoilt kids with a posh mum with their new tree house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

The Skoda ad with the child singing Black Velvet, terrible.

Can't figure the thinking behind this one at all. My 5 year old doesn't look up to watch it and he likes some awful shi*e.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

AIB ad with the tree house. First we had that obnoxious posh family with the new car. Now we have posh spoilt kids with a posh mum with their new tree house.

and don't forget the three that needed braces, all three of them, god love them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Horrible, just horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

optogirl wrote: »
    Can't figure the thinking behind this one at all. My 5 year old doesn't look up to watch it and he likes some awful shi*e.

At the end, they very poorly show that the girl is a terrible singer. I think the idea is that when you're in the car you are so overcome with its wondrousness that you think everything is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Fiat Tipo ad, it's gone way past annoying now.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

madmaggie wrote:
    The Fiat Tipo ad, it's gone way past annoying now.

When you drive Tipos wheels and it gives you the feels.......

Awful!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

and don't forget the three that needed braces, all three of them, god love them

:):)

You'd swear they all had some horribly disfiguring genetic disorder that would ruin their lives... not a few wonky teeth

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Dragons den is on again in a few days.

I have no problem with Gavin Duffy in the actual program.

Gavin-Duffy-Dragons-Den-Seat-Edt.1-e1363259720525-300x192.jpg

But they have this cringeworthy ad with him in it. All overly dramatic with big serious head on him as though he's some james bond baddie you wouldn't want to mess with, camera rolling in on him all cinematic.

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »

Ive been watching reruns on Sunday evening. I really hope they get rid of Ramona.

Ive been watching reruns on Sunday evening. I really hope they get rid of Ramona.
    I think they have, I tried to find this ad but could not. There are ads and there is at least 1 new woman. 2 or 3 guys and 3 women now, and no sign of Ramona.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

rubadub wrote: »

I have no problem with Gavin Duffy in the actual program.

Gavin-Duffy-Dragons-Den-Seat-Edt.1-e1363259720525-300x192.jpg

But they have this cringeworthy ad with him in it. All overly dramatic with big serious head on him as though he's some james bond baddie you wouldn't want to mess with, camera rolling in on him all cinematic.

That lad is full of himself. Remember when Bill Cullen had that Apprentice show, Duffy was on the interview panel playing the bad cop character like he was some "I don't pull any punches" nonsense. In reality he was taking advantage of intimidating people who were not in a position to respond in kind.

Lisha wrote: »
    :):)

You'd swear they all had some horribly disfiguring genetic disorder that would ruin their lives... not a few wonky teeth

It does sound like "All three of them had childhood leukaemia, god love them, all three of them!" I had braces, my two brothers didn't. I pulled through, god love me, but can you imagine how awful it would have been on us all if they'd both needed them too? Sounds like it would have been so traumatic, doesn't bear thinking about!

We are all used to seeing burgers not being like the adverts.

mcdonalds-advertising-and-reality-2.jpg
    McDonaldpubreal.jpg
    b2676da92e55e978776121ccf91a9fd1.jpg
    99e428e3377f4a847ab2703cee74f049.jpg

There was a site showing all the trickery they used for photos like these.

But this ad was taking the piss, at the 13sec mark you see all the fillings miraculously staying in, its either glued in, stitched in, or she lying on her back.

They do now wrap them the way the guy does just before this, which is great as it stops all the bits falling out like they usually do, especially as whoppers come in extra wide rolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

I've rarely had a Big Mac or Big King I didn't thoroughly enjoy, regardless of what it looked like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I always think of Michael Douglas in Falling Down when I hear this argument over burgers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

It does sound like "All three of them had childhood leukaemia, god love them, all three of them!" I had braces, my two brothers didn't. I pulled through, god love me, but can you imagine how awful it would have been on us all if they'd both needed them too? Sounds like it would have been so traumatic, doesn't bear thinking about!

Yes, I said something similar upthread - it's as if 'all three of them had a life threatening illness' :rolleyes:
    And that accent...

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Yes, I said something similar upthread - it's as if 'all three of them had a life threatening illness' :rolleyes:
    And that accent...

The thing that annoys me is the way she keeps going "We never gave up. We just knew we would make it work".

Well you don't really have a choice in the matter of not giving up. Its not like you can send AIB back the keys, put the kids back on the cabbage patch where they found them and say "No, its too difficult, I'm giving up".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

The thing that annoys me is the way she keeps going "We never gave up. We just knew we would make it work".

Well you don't really have a choice in the matter of not giving up. Its not like you can send AIB back the keys, put the kids back on the cabbage patch where they found them and say "No, its too difficult, I'm giving up".

Yeah, more of this "brave" sh1te from AIB. You buy a house, you pay the mortgage, you have kids and raise them, give Kate and Mick a fcukin cookie for being so unique! I think it's "patient and stoical" they are, rather than brave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Creepiest ad I've seen in ages. Reminds me of The Exorcist for some reason. That child singing looks to be possessed by a spirit.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Comhra wrote: »
    Creepiest ad I've seen in ages. Reminds me of The Exorcist for some reason. That child singing looks to be possessed by a spirit.

Yeah. There's definitely something creepy about that ad. I don't like it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

4Ad wrote: »
    The KBC advert with the two dancing..agh

Anyone know the name of the woman in this ad? She looks very familiar but can't think of where I have seen her before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

razorblunt wrote: »
    The Corsa ad with the couple at "Makeout Creek", she's impressed that his car has wifi and asks for the password. He mumbles "corsa2017". You can hear men giggling in the background and it's 3 lads in a Corsa with the driver shouting "upper case C" and shaking their heads.

That's 3 grown men (they look 30) hanging out in a known area in a Corsa.
    Settle down lads, at least the other fella is trying to get his end away.

The lads are laughing at him as he is trying to impress the girl by pretending his car has wifi but he is giving her the code to the lads car but gets it wrong.

Still agree, completely ****e ad. Dunno how advertisers and marketeers get away doing nothing but **** ads all day long.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

overmantle wrote: »
    Yeah. There's definitely something creepy about that ad. I don't like it at all.

I just hate this trend of ads with kids talking like adults or behaving out of character in an adult manner. Cute it ain't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

silverharp wrote: »
    VIPoo......................take me off this planet

Thought this was part of the comedy programme I was watching....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

MoneySupermarket have moved on from twerking office workers and pole dancing brickies to He-Man and Skeletor, as you do.

The TV license ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

I just hate this trend of ads with kids talking like adults or behaving out of character in an adult manner. Cute it ain't.

though I love the Haribo ad with the adults speaking as children

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

though I love the Haribo ad with the adults speaking as children

Sorry, but noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Advertisement