Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 74 ✭✭Mickey_James

Is it too much to hope that Brexit will mean that they ban Wiltshire Farm Foods and their radio ads?

I go for the small portion..it suits me

I don't miss peelin the potata's hah

• Registered Users Posts: 16,269 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Is it too much to hope that Brexit will mean that they ban Wiltshire Farm Foods and their radio ads?

Actually owned by a German company now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The Ariel pods and with the gob****es singing.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,382 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Every single perfume/aftershave/eau de toilette ad

Unadulterated tripe

It's a competition between themselves to have the most ridiculous one..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

lertsnim wrote: »

They fell a long way after this song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

That bloody Peloton ad where the happy, sweatless, mock cyclists/stretchers/body punishers sing the one song. Feck right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

Owen Wilson with a guitar selling sofas. Boooooo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,698 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

lertsnim wrote: »

It would make you want to walk off the earth.

It's meant to be riffing on ASMR videos.
    (Google it, it's a form of audio meditation/ relaxation).

No, I'm not getting how it's riffing on ASMR videos. Can you explain?

At least the Ariel song is original I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

Actually owned by a German company now.

Maybe that's why they voted for Brexit. Germans stealing their pre-prepared frozen foods for Irish Mammies

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Woah!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

The Lotto ads are awful. The concepts behind them are so unfunny and lazy. Each new one seems worse than the one before.

Lotto need to hire a new ad agency

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Sports Direct.
    Lots of fast cuts, really loud and dissonant.
    The kind of ad that bombards the senses and stresses you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭irs

That Idris Elba Sky Cinema ad has been completely hammered into my head. I'm even remembering some of the lines from last years ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭Acosta

Idris Elba is such a hack. He'll do any old crap if you pay him enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Smitweeks for a smithwicks, I really want to strangle whatever gob****e created this, most annoying repetitive ad since Addresspal baby crying and Crazyfrog. Thanks to shoppys woke type ad's I most certainly will never consider them for their dodgy phones either.

The Kia Niro ad with Robert De Niro.

They must have spent 99.9% of the budget on his fee and 0.1% on making the ad. I don't know what's worse. The crap ad or the fact De Niro agreed to do it. He's hardly at Idris Elba levels of desperation.

crazy 88 wrote: »
    The Kia Niro ad with Robert De Niro.

They must have spent 99.9% of the budget on his fee and 0.1% on making the ad. I don't know what's worse. The crap ad or the fact De Niro agreed to do it. He's hardly at Idris Elba levels of desperation.

I dunno about the desperation, but I do know that the likes of Spielberg, Kevin Bacon and many others (probably including DeNiro) were hit by the Bernie Madoff thing years back.

It's why they're doing adverts, and so many absolutely awful movies.

Their pensions were wiped out.

I dunno about the desperation, but I do know that the likes of Spielberg, Kevin Bacon and many others (probably including DeNiro) were hit by the Bernie Madoff thing years back.

Did a search and didn't find anything about his fortune getting wiped. Current net worth of €500 million. The only reason I could think he'd sign up for something so woeful is that he lost a bet

• Advertisement

crazy 88 wrote: »
    Did a search and didn't find anything about his fortune getting wiped. Current net worth of €500 million. The only reason I could think he'd sign up for something so woeful is that he lost a bet

https://www.lovemoney.com/gallerylist/65568/19-famous-names-scammed-for-their-fortunes

https://www.biography.com/news/bernie-madoff-famous-victims

Spielberg had a few charities that he had to shut down because he lost money with Madoff.

DeNiro was hit by a scam too. Couple of millions, easily. Possibly hundreds of millions.

It's why you see DeNiro so disinterested in so many films-he thought he'd be able to quit by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Harvey Keitel as well, that's why he did those crap ads from a few years back as Wolf from Pulp Fiction (cant remember what the ads were for)

Harvey Keitel as well, that's why he did those crap ads from a few years back as Wolf from Pulp Fiction (cant remember what the ads were for)

Direct Line. Where in one of the adverts, his co-star was the nun from Derry Girls.

Too tired to find the original, but it got nominated for awards.

Direct line have done adverts with Bumblebee from Transformers, and Donatello from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

the new three ad with a mobile phone is the worst piece of sjt ad I have ever seen. its so fk bad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭oneweb

"Oww di perfong"

All the perfume ads (as mentioned before). Just call it a scent or fragrance or even per-FYUME instead of feckin' mangling the proper French pronunciation |>_<|

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭Radio5

the Home Store ad. the child doesn't want to stay at Granny's for Christmas and then it's great news that Granny is moving in with them? or am I missing something??

Radio5 wrote: »
    the Home Store ad. the child doesn't want to stay at Granny's for Christmas and then it's great news that Granny is moving in with them? or am I missing something??

He's worried that Santa won't deliver presents, because they'll be at granny's.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭stopthevoting

The only reason he didn't want to stay at Granny's was just that he didn't want to be away from his own home for Christmas and Santa Claus's visit. But after a while he was happy at her house and in her company, and presumably his new letter to Santa Claus which he posted in the fireplace, was that she would move in with the family.

It seems to be an Irish ad rather than an edited version of a British ad. The car has a D number plate, although the envelope for Santa Claus had a British address.

I didn't get that either the first 19 times I saw it.

There's a trailer for Roald and Beatrix on sky. I loved both their books as a kid but there's a bit where Dawn French dangles a dead mouse in front of him. Its a bit much for television in the afternoon and for whats described as a kids movie.

What next? Jemima Puddleduck getting filleted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

There's a fourth carrot child now.

I was wrong. I finally got to see a higher resolution version of the ad and the two on the left of the table seem to be some sort of carrot grandparents. I think.

Advertisement