Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I must be the only person who enjoys that "Black Velvet" ad.

Find it very catchy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

I must be the only person who enjoys that "Black Velvet" ad.

Find it very catchy :D

Jesus it's awful, I wouldn't mind but both the kid and the singer are ****e singers making the entire thing pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Is this the worst ad you've ever seen? Its just so patronising and horrific, how can they not see that? The crushing the brides foot one is bad but this is another level:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Thargor wrote: »
    Is this the worst ad you've ever seen? Its just so patronising and horrific, how can they not see that? The crushing the brides foot one is bad but this is another level

Someone told me about this in work today and I didn't entirely believe him. It's beyond awful. How the fc*k did they think this was a good idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Is this the worst ad you've ever seen? Its just so patronising and horrific, how can they not see that?
    I can only think they were all scared to say its not right, I can picture them all around a boardroom table, all with their best PC faces on, someone aggressively saying "anybody got a problem, WELL?! anybody got something to say??, NO, right so, lets go with it".

When I first saw it I was wondering about the ad people who came up with it, was it some sort of dare or bet.

-"I've been given a job for advertising maltesers"
    -"good for you! any ideas what to do"
    -"was thinking something daring"
    -"for maltesers?! what?!"
    -"yeah, the previous ads have women eating them in lunch in the office, I was thinking maybe have 3 women eating lunch, one starts talking about jacking off her boyfriend, then she starts graphically demonstrating her **** technique, jacking off a pack of maltesers, then instead of jizz all the maltesers come spurting out instead"
    -":eek:WTF! are you off you're fcuking nut, ye can't do that you loon!:eek:"
    -"alright then, bet so? you're on?:cool:"

advert broadcasts
    -"soooo, she is in a wheelchair & has spasms, well you sneaky little bollox, obviously nobody will complain"
    -"hahaha, I know! PC crap, gotta love it, if she was on crutches it would never have been aired"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

rubadub wrote: »
    I can only think they were all scared to say its not right, I can picture them all around a boardroom table, all with their best PC faces on, someone aggressively saying "anybody got a problem, WELL?! anybody got something to say??, NO, right so, lets go with it".

When I first saw it I was wondering about the ad people who came up with it, was it some sort of dare or bet.

-"I've been given a job for advertising maltesers"
    -"good for you! any ideas what to do"
    -"was thinking something daring"
    -"for maltesers?! what?!"
    -"yeah, the previous ads have women eating them in lunch in the office, I was thinking maybe have 3 women eating lunch, one starts talking about jacking off her boyfriend, then she starts graphically demonstrating her **** technique, jacking off a pack of maltesers, then instead of jizz all the maltesers come spurting out instead"
    -":eek:WTF! are you off you're fcuking nut, ye can't do that you loon!:eek:"
    -"alright then, bet so? you're on?:cool:"

advert broadcasts
    -"soooo, she is in a wheelchair & has spasms, well you sneaky little bollox, obviously nobody will complain"
    -"hahaha, I know! PC crap, gotta love it, if she was on crutches it would never have been aired"

A little bit of rub a dub and all the tesers come out to play :D

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Maltesers marketing department are the biggest virtue signal tossers out there.

They've had three big campaigns over the last year or so:

1. The "all men are bastards" go live with your Mum Neil ad.
    2. The wheelchaired blond dwarf (Not sure if that term is kosher) ad.
    3. The w*nking spasm ad. There are no words!

What's most annoying about all this though is that in each ad the woman involved either throws away or destroys a Malteser. Do you not want to eat them then? One thing I now have in common with all of them if so. Maltesers can do one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

The scary thing about those Malteser ads is if you do a google search on them they are typically seen as brilliant and funny and how great they are at showing disabled people are quirky, funny, up for a laugh etc and you're immediately seen as a bigot or having a problem with disabled people if you complain. Well no, they're just sh!te.

I heard that VIPoo thing mentioned here on numerous occasions and never really believed it was an advert or if it was it was online only or something but it seems to come on every morning now when I'm having my morning coffee before work and cannot believe that (a) such a product exists, (b) people will buy it and (c) they used the term "devils dumplings". Come on marketing people, have a bit of cop on.

A +1 for that stupid Black Velvet ad. Mute button.

Yet another Dominos advert - that marketing department really need to be fired. Current one isn't as bad as the previous two but it's still crap.

Not sure if it counts as adverts but The Hungry House thing that does be on Channel 4. 2 in particular - the one where he says that the higher you hold chopsticks the more intelligent you are. The second is how Chinese tastes better in the morning and yer man says "Without even microwaving it". Cus hipster knob "That's a stretch, but I respect you for that".

Please just ban all adverts and sack all those marketing folk who create them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 LiamKK82

Glad to see the hate for those Malteser ads, does nothiing positive for disabled people, i don't know a single disabled person with an attitude like these bitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The Skoda ad with the child singing Black Velvet, terrible.

You could totally get that ad banned here as child isn't in a high-back booster seat.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Can't stand the new bulmers ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Can't stand the new bulmers ad.

I love it, that woman with curly hair just oozes sex appeal, I want to see more Bulmers ads with her starring in them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Shemale wrote: »
    I love it, that woman with curly hair just oozes sex appeal, I want to see more Bulmers ads with her starring in them.

Yeah she's not a bad looking wan, but still I find the whole ad just really cringe worthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

colm_mcm wrote: »
    You could totally get that ad banned here as child isn't in a high-back booster seat.

I just looked at rsa.ie and children can be in a booster cushion from 22kg which is 3.5stone. That child singing would be well above that weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Shemale wrote: »
    Theres definitely something about her alright, Sally O Brien and the way she might look at you, and the pint of Harp, but if like me you leave SkyNews on in the background this ad gets old very fast. They play it in every ad break all day long, is there not supposed to be some kind of watershed for alcohol advertising?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

ligerdub wrote: »
    Maltesers marketing department are the biggest virtue signal tossers out there.

They've had three big campaigns over the last year or so:

1. The "all men are bastards" go live with your Mum Neil ad.
    2. The wheelchaired blond dwarf (Not sure if that term is kosher) ad.
    3. The w*nking spasm ad. There are no words!

What's most annoying about all this though is that in each ad the woman involved either throws away or destroys a Malteser. Do you not want to eat them then? One thing I now have in common with all of them if so. Maltesers can do one!

Is that first one part of the same campaign as wheelchair and spasm woman? Is the woman in it supposed to have a disability?

darkdubh wrote: »
    Is that first one part of the same campaign as wheelchair and spasm woman? Is the woman in it supposed to have a disability?

No she's just an arsehole, and it's the typical "all men are b*stards" stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Does it look like I've got time for a headache?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Those Energia ads with the hamsters

Autosport wrote: »
    Those Energia ads with the hamsters

Haha....love those ad's "g'wan the red headed fella!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

ligerdub wrote: »
    Haha....love those ad's "g'wan the red headed fella!"

I'd like to batter the hamster with a hatchet :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,112 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

AIB...specifically Mick and Kate ....just eff off at this stage....

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Are they the ones who have finally paid off their crippling loan now that they're nearly dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,112 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Are they the ones who have finally paid off their crippling loan now that they're nearly dead?

The very ones....I just wish they'd replace them with some slightly less annoying customers:(. (And what have the three children requiring orthodontic intervention got to do with anything anyway????)

jojofizzio wrote: »
    AIB...specifically Mick and Kate ....just eff off at this stage....

And don't forget their kids, they needed braces, all three of them God love them needed braces. Mick and Kate had to save again.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

It's almost parody stuff, suggesting how precarious and expensive their mortgage was, and they didn't seem to be living in the suburbs either, more rural location. Sign me up AIB!!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

AIB, two ads in one clip, both terrible, treehouse one is second, driving me nuts at this stage

A good one for a change, maybe too long for TV or maybe Tullamore Dew can't compete with the banks and mobile companies for the air time.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

The bus shelter and other print media ads make them look worn out and broken by their AIB mortgage, it would put you off getting one, the husband in particular looks like he has the 100 yard stare after 35 years dealing AIB.

And when they sell it there will be just enough to pay for the care home for them for about three years.

cbreeze wrote: »
    And when they sell it there will be just enough to pay for the care home for them for about three years.

The grandchildren will have no hope so if they need braces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

VIPoo. Jesus. The height of awful.

This always seems to come on when I am eating with its (literal and figurative both) crappy animation of turds dropping into a toilet. Revolting.

Probably the only advert to ever successfully turn my stomach.

(And if the above doesn't sicken you, the concept and acting will.)

Advertisement