Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

optogirl wrote: »
    Can't figure the thinking behind this one at all. My 5 year old doesn't look up to watch it and he likes some awful shi*e.

re the Skoda Kodiac

And they tell you absolutely nothing about the car or its features.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Thargor wrote: »
    Is this the worst ad you've ever seen? Its just so patronising and horrific, how can they not see that? The crushing the brides foot one is bad but this is another level:

Sweet Jesus!! Who the f**k thought that was a good idea for an ad? If that was on during the day the complaint lines would be flooded and rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Soooo sooo bad.

Does it work after a feed of Guinness, I seriously doubt it:)

www.vi-poo.com

Also stumbled across this, Poo-Pourri, similar product, I don't know if its a real ad or a sketch from some comedy show, either way I am scarred after watching, at your own risk

There is a website, as well as Poo-Pourri they also sell digital prints for your bathroom in a section called "Other Sh*t", bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Pepsi. Jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Oh yes, the outrage over the Pepsi ad.....people need to get a grip!

Mind you, they should have known better than to walk into social justice marketing. Modern advertising is rubbish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Prinks

I just hate this trend of ads with kids talking like adults or behaving out of character in an adult manner. Cute it ain't.

"Don't renew unless it's BLUE"

Yes, I'll definitely take advice on insurance from a child. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

KKkitty wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus!! Who the f**k thought that was a good idea for an ad? If that was on during the day the complaint lines would be flooded and rightly so.
    seems it being on at night helped stopping a ban.

https://www.asa.org.uk/news/2016-s-most-complained-about-ads.html
    2016's most complained about ads

10. Mars Chocolate UK Ltd t/a Maltesers

151 complaints – Not upheld

A Maltesers ad showed a woman in a wheelchair discussing her new boyfriend with two of her friends while enjoying packs of the chocolate. She mentioned how her disability caused her to have a spasm during a romantic encounter, which her boyfriend ‘misinterpreted’. Viewers said the ad was overly sexual and was offensive to disabled people. We ruled the women's conversation was likely to be seen as light-hearted and the allusion to a sexual act, although understandably distasteful to some, would not cause serious or widespread offence to viewers in general. We also noted the ad had a post-9pm restriction to prevent children from seeing it and that it was likely to be seen as championing diversity and disability not ridiculing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

rubadub wrote: »
    seems it being on at night helped stopping a ban.

https://www.asa.org.uk/news/2016-s-most-complained-about-ads.html

Imagine if it was just a random woman who wasn't in a wasn't in a wheelchair acting that out. No chance it would air!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Shemale wrote: »
    I love it, that woman with curly hair just oozes sex appeal, I want to see more Bulmers ads with her starring in them.

Seconded. Absolutely stunning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

jojofizzio wrote: »
    The very ones....I just wish they'd replace them with some slightly less annoying customers:(. (And what have the three children requiring orthodontic intervention got to do with anything anyway????)

There is another one now of some bloke proposing to his girlfriend in a ferris wheel or something. Think it's replacing the crap new car one rather than the mortgage,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,378 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I guess the "new" Pepsi advert should get an honourable mention even though it was pulled before being aired. talk about a clusterfck. someone got fired

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 13,153 ✭✭✭✭flazio

As soon as the star of the advert was revealed to be a Jenner (or a Kardashian) you know it's going to be a groaner.

Pointless airheads the lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Or T E, sopporting the Orts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I really dislike this coffee ad for some reason

http://tvadsongs.uk/lavazza-advert-music-lyrics-my-girl-coffee/

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Prinks

Lorelli! wrote: »

Could the reason be because it's ****e? The lyrics sound like someone worked them out with a hammer, and everyone is so coooool it's like they're made of plastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Prinks wrote: »
    Could the reason be because it's ****e? The lyrics sound like someone worked them out with a hammer, and everyone is so coooool it's like they're made of plastic.

:D yes that could very well be the reason :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Yeah she's not a bad looking wan, but still I find the whole ad just really cringe worthy.

Yeah that's true, it more like a Disoronno (?) ad, whatever the **** Disoronno is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

The new Bulmers ad is horrific.Everything about it is ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭bobbyss

I have enot read all the posts here but I would be amazed if the ad for something or other which included two men sitting on a sofa with the All Blacks around them. Can't remember what the ad was for I just thought how cringing it was. Was it for 3 Mobile or something like that? Absolutely dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

bobbyss wrote: »
    I have enot read all the posts here but I would be amazed if the ad for something or other which included two men sitting on a sofa with the All Blacks around them. Can't remember what the ad was for I just thought how cringing it was. Was it for 3 Mobile or something like that? Absolutely dreadful.

This pair of twats ?
    I won't embed it as it's too horrible.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8b5CLzuaP0

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101580879

Mr Smug and Mr Scruffy

AIG's ad agency sucks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The Tesco Easter egg hunt annoys me greatly.

#MoreThanAnEgg

1. Leave a trail of easter eggs leading into your house to lure a child there. 'Hansel and Gretel' style creepy.

2. The granny is so lonely she has to trick her grandchild into visiting her.

3. Who puts an easter egg into a fast flowing river as part of a small child's easter egg hunt???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Posy wrote: »
    The Tesco Easter egg hunt annoys me greatly.

#MoreThanAnEgg

1. Leave a trail of easter eggs leading into your house to lure a child there. 'Hansel and Gretel' style creepy.

2. The granny is so lonely she has to trick her grandchild into visiting her.

3. Who puts an easter egg into a fast flowing river as part of a small child's easter egg hunt???

Ah no I didn't see it that way...

Loads of Easter eggs, some in dreadful places alright. Child has a ball finding them. It's all so great and magical. Then she gets to Nana's house. And the thrill of seeing Nana far outweighs the eggs...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Is there a recent ad where a woman comes out of the toilet with a spray to cover up her poo smell? Are we meant to carry this around with us now? How embarrassing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

The Skoda ad with the child singing Black Velvet, terrible.

That ad gives me the rage. Don't know who I'd like to slap more - the child or the mother :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Ghekko wrote: »
    That ad gives me the rage. Don't know who I'd like to slap more - the child or the mother :mad:

Yes it's annoying but it has certainly got the attention of people, if only for the wrong reasons but you'll remember the product - Skoda.

bobbyss wrote: »
    Is there a recent ad where a woman comes out of the toilet with a spray to cover up her poo smell? Are we meant to carry this around with us now? How embarrassing!

There is, see 2nd post on page 43 and according to the ad if you want to buy it it is to be found in the toilet cleaners aisle just in case you were wandering around ready meals or the frozen aisle looking for it. If you buy it and you drink Guinness let us know how you get on won't you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

There is, see 2nd post on page 43 and according to the ad if you want to buy it it is to be found in the toilet cleaners aisle just in case you were wandering around ready meals or the frozen aisle looking for it. If you buy it and you drink Guinness let us know how you get on won't you! :)
    Hilarious.

Lisha wrote: »
    Ah no I didn't see it that way...

Loads of Easter eggs, some in dreadful places alright. Child has a ball finding them. It's all so great and magical. Then she gets to Nana's house. And the thrill of seeing Nana far outweighs the eggs...

The Aldi easter egg ad is also very annoying, here it is with English accent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

The new Bulmers ad is horrific.Everything about it is ****e.

#fulltimemadbastid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Awake&Unafraid

Lorelli! wrote: »

The part where he sings from Turin to Dublin absolutely wrecks my head ughhh

Advertisement