Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Home advantage ad - the nazel screeching of the host is pretty bad but the best example of the banter they managed to cobble together is:

Host: If there's any wine with that cheese .... I'm having it.
    Contestant: You're on your own.

I must be thick coz the humour there has gone right over my head

I think it was to do with the question of what was in a Sicilian cheese fish guts or insect larve. Not that funny. When the ads aired before it started I thaught it was Lucy Sinead Kennedy then got confused when I saw it was the one from Eamon and Bridget. Watched 5 minutes that question was on it and then I turned it off

Edit: Not Lucy Kennedy I mean Sinead Kennedy

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Home advantage ad - the nazel screeching of the host is pretty bad but the best example of the banter they managed to cobble together is:

Host: If there's any wine with that cheese .... I'm having it.
    Contestant: You're on your own.

I must be thick coz the humour there has gone right over my head

When she was on The Apprentice she was continually pick up on having a really annoying sounding voice. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Another thing about that Mams lamb ad. How old was she when she had him? She sounds in her 70s on the tape which we,re led to believe was 25 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

I think it was to do with the question of what was in a Sicilian cheese fish guts or insect larve.

It's a Sardinian cheese - casa marzu. You can eat it with or without the maggots. If going down the maggot route you have to make sure that they are still alive beforehand as a few unlucky diners have died from eating dead ones.

I was in Sardinia with the missus for our honeymoon but we didn't get to try it. Which is a shame really as casu marzu is believed to be an aphrodisiac by the locals and she had me worn out towards the end of the trip so a much needed boost would have been welcome.

I was also looking forward to sending an "acting the maggot" Snapchat to the bais.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

I don't get the Rennies ad. The red-headed man looks with a desperate longing at a revolting bowl of soup, and then his mate starts shouting at him. What is the point of that, or have I missed something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,612 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

blueser wrote: »
    I don't mind them, actually. The look on his face when the female "commentator" says... "Unlikely to be used for breeding" is a killer! Crouch has never taken himself too seriously. He was once asked what he would be if he wasn't a professional footballer. His reply was "a virgin"!

Yeah I know exactly who he is. Can’t stand crouch or his forced weak “banter”.

Absolutely hate that ad

I wouldn't even rate Baz as a celebrity, just another non entity that RTE pushes on us from time to time.

Baz is a clown who is in the montrose mafia so set for life and unfortunately will be inflicted on the public for decades to come

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Eh I know exactly who he is. Can’t stand crouch or his forced weak “banter”.

Absolutely hate that ad

Yeah, I hate that kind of banter. It's that kind of "LAAAAAAD" banter. Same banter you see on soccer AM or Take Me Out. "Taxiiiiii" "top bins!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

That Virgin media as has a real Heaven's Gate vibe to it.

Not sure if it's going for an ironic cult thing but I'm surprised they think it would be effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭jackboy

The ad with the fat woman looking at a video of another fat woman on her phone and then the words ‘This is all here to stay’.

What is all here to stay. What is it. Does anyone know what this ad is about?

• Advertisement

jackboy wrote: »
    The ad with the fat woman looking at a video of another fat woman on her phone and then the words ‘This is all here to stay’.

What is all here to stay. What is it. Does anyone know what this ad is about?

Just body positivity stuff. I don't know anything about the clothing company but I will assume they do plus size clothing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

Anyone else sick of the constant barrage of ads lately that have various close-ups of people's arses? Odd complaint I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

Apt8 wrote: »
    Anyone else sick of the constant barrage of ads lately that have various close-ups of people's arses? Odd complaint I know.

example?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

crazy 88 wrote: »
    example?

"I've a secret weapon down my pants" says leaker lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,330 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Yes no, yes no.

Yes, yes, no, no.

Yes yes, yes. Yes. No.

Yes its a terrible ad.

And no I don't know quite now what it's for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭amacca

Tell you an ad I really like though

The Lucozade one with the guy with the hula hoop and hotstepper as the background music

A genuinely enjoyable add in a sea of mediocre dross at best

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

BOI ads, talking about finance, I would love to be able to talk to them about finance but with them closing my local branch it would be difficult. They would want to talk to themselves first as they didn’t work out their own finances :D Pain in my backside!!! And Baz’s Mothers hair annoys me, looks like a wig

Can anyone explain why bank of Ireland chose baz ashmany to front their media campaign?

Like....baz???....banking???....I don’t get it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭Acosta

Can anyone explain why bank of Ireland chose baz ashmany to front their media campaign?

Cheap and relatively well known.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Some crafty background work by the agent to the stars.

I think it went something like this.

SMS phishing scams re BoI discussed on Liveline for days on end.

NK pushing Baz endlessly this year. Lots of appearances on CBL (NKM)

Noel rings Baz.
    "Baz, were you ever hacked?"
    "No. I'm really careful about that stuff"
    "I'll ask you again and think carefuly,were you ever hacked?"
    [long pause] "Yes Noel, I was"
    "Great leave it with me"

Following week Baz amazingly gets on the radio with Brendan O'Connor to tell him about his eh...hacking woes.

10 days - 2 weels later the BoI hacking ads appear.

Noel then persuades BoI that Baz is the man to front all their ads and also ropes in mammy (who's agent is NK too)

Big money involved for all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Widye

All woke ads but especially the one with the patronising child saying can we hate less? **** off child.

1. "ladies'n'gentlemen....MR WILL SMITH!!!!" every single ad break on every single channel this pops up. I don't even have Sky and i See it 15 times a day.

2. Might be Dublin only, but the radio ad for Beshoff Bros. chippers with the two D4 dolly-birds sounds, apprpriately enough, like two people who've never eaten a chipper in their lives.
    "Cod and chips?"
    "Goujons and chips for me, thanks."
    "salt and vinegar?"
    "Oh yeah!!!?!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

Its unbelievable. Every 3rd word seems to be a screeching octave higher. Is this meant to be upbeat and positive? Because I immediately turn it off. It hurts my ears :mad:

I was going to mention that one!
    It sounds like she has just done some sort of course - How to be a voiceover artist and this is her first gig.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

Probably an age thing, but the yes no coke ad goes completely over my head.
    When I saw it the first time I thought “With all the money they have, is that the best they can do?”
    (Does the question mark go inside or outside the bracket?)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Autosport wrote: »
    BOI ads, talking about finance, I would love to be able to talk to them about finance but with them closing my local branch it would be difficult. They would want to talk to themselves first as they didn’t work out their own finances :D Pain in my backside!!! And Baz’s Mothers hair annoys me, looks like a wig

Those ads annoy me. I mute the tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Kewreeuss wrote: »
    Probably an age thing, but the yes no coke ad goes completely over my head.
    When I saw it the first time I thought “With all the money they have, is that the best they can do?”
    (Does the question mark go inside or outside the bracket?)

Inside....the quotation marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

I hate these ads but that girl's arse belongs in a museum. ❤️

https://www.facebook.com/AllianzIreland/videos/1177313102599913/

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Renault EV ads, with terrible wish-washy cover version of Robert Palmer song ‘Johnny and Mary’

They used this song in the 80s, so there’s probably some sort of blurb about reinventing blah blah.

Cant find the Oirish version, but it’s basically this with the usual fella doing the voiceover at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

I hate these ads but that girl's arse belongs in a museum. ❤️

https://www.facebook.com/AllianzIreland/videos/1177313102599913/

Not that great an arse really.

Reminds me, it's being ages since I saw anyone I found attractive on an ad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lockheed

Is it just me that finds the coke ads so much more jarring and unpleasant than they used to be?

Advertisement