Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭fondue

The part where he sings from Turin to Dublin absolutely wrecks my head ughhh

There are so many ads on at the moment butchering existing songs. It's driving me crazy!

fondue wrote: »
    There are so many ads on at the moment butchering existing songs. It's driving me crazy!

I really think that shouldn't be allowed. Not unless the original songwriter has sold the song to the advertising company.

Is John Deacon(Queen Basist, author of Another One bites the Dust), not a bit peeved everytime he hears "Another one buys a duster", or "Flash! Oooh-hoo, Where has all the dirt gone?". Changing the lyrics of "My Girl" to "Coffee" is particularly a new low for the marketing execs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

radio ad at the moment for 123.ie. girl sleeps it out and she's reacting like shes being viciously attacked. wrecks my head every time I hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The coffee ad with the awful line "from Turin to Dub-lin", bloody painful. The UK version is worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

The new Bulmers ad is horrific.Everything about it is ****e.

I 100% hate those new Bulmers ads. Pure sh*te!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

That new schweppes advert with yer man mumbling on about amateurs. Will be purchasing club tonic in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭blackvalley

Any ads that have adults speaking like babies ( harbero sweets ) . Not sure if that's the correct spelling .Or any ads that have children speaking like adults ( Recent Vauxhall car add) :)

The current L'Oréal ad with Helen Mirren. Really irritates me.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

fondue wrote:
    The current L'Oréal ad with Helen Mirren. Really irritates me.

Who calls that bit of skin the "decollete"...Or whatever she says?! So irritating

laylag wrote: »
    Who calls that bit of skin the "decollete"...Or whatever she says?! So irritating

Nobody! Stop trying to make it happen Helen Mirren!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

"Pepperface......Eggface.....I could do this all day":mad:
    How about you take your stupid "faces" off my TV & stay away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

I see the Aib Mick and kate ad has been re-recorded and they have left out the braces god love them all three of them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Mick and Kate feature on their ATM machines now too.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I see the Aib Mick and kate ad has been re-recorded and they have left out the braces god love them all three of them

We knew there was going to be difficult times, yes love it's called life :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Judging by the Beano's new ads which are tacked onto Sky 1's Simpsons showings, I'm guessing they've become some sort of Tesco Value 9gag. That's another bit of my childhood ruined. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Judging by the Beano's new ads which are tacked onto Sky 1's Simpsons showings, I'm guessing they've become some sort of Tesco Value 9gag. That's another bit of my childhood ruined. :rolleyes:

I'm surprised it's still being published, TBH - especially as it's over four years now since the Dandy closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,112 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Something needs to be done at this stage...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Mick and f*cking Kate are bad enough... The new AIB ad with some nerdy w*anker proposing to his gf on a big wheel. Give me strength...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

I really don't get the Mick and Kate ad, they have two old people who look wrecked because they have paid AIB the price they paid for their house plus about 50%.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Mick seems an awful oddball altogether. Kate is an American. Just a very weird vibe about them. And they rant on about f*ckall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,949 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I don't watch RTE so have not seen this ad.

I caught sight this couple for the first time on a huge billboard when I was driving down the n7 today. I did not realise they were a real couple and thought they were actors. I thought he looked a bit like Tom Jones.

As someone who is almost there (five years off paying off my mortgage) by myself, my first thoughts were, I wonder will it be a massive anticlimax when that last payment goes through?

My second thought to myself was, Well, that expensive anti ageing face cream I invested in really must do what it says in the tin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 BillyKilkenny

Kate & Mick, Jooolie and Ceeeeeean, D4 kids getting their treeHAAAAS, i'm sure i have left yet about 10 other bank ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

I really think that shouldn't be allowed. Not unless the original songwriter has sold the song to the advertising company.

Is John Deacon(Queen Basist, author of Another One bites the Dust), not a bit peeved everytime he hears "Another one buys a duster", or "Flash! Oooh-hoo, Where has all the dirt gone?". Changing the lyrics of "My Girl" to "Coffee" is particularly a new low for the marketing execs.

I'm sure the regular enormous cheques he receives more than compensate for any hurt artistic feelings he may have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 BillyKilkenny

The old bastard is back in the Ikea ad, jesus he has the most punch able face ever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Ould Mr Brennan, can't stand that ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

You've out grown your house, it's for some bank in the U.K. God it's annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

That Bulmers advert is on all the bloody time:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,378 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

the husband/dad portrayed as gimps wind me up, I caught part of one y/day, don't even remember what the product is, but women gossiping in the kitchen, husband appears out side with a bunch of flowers, the woman turns to the wife and asks her why he's being so nice and she points to a picture the kid has drawn on the fridge of mom and her hunky male friend at the gym, and hilarity ensues. wtf? reverse the genders on that one I don't think so.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

silverharp wrote: »
    the husband/dad portrayed as gimps wind me up, I caught part of one y/day, don't even remember what the product is, but women gossiping in the kitchen, husband appears out side with a bunch of flowers, the woman turns to the wife and asks her why he's being so nice and she points to a picture the kid has drawn on the fridge of mom and her hunky male friend at the gym, and hilarity ensues. wtf? reverse the genders on that one I don't think so.

The man in ads is nearly always an imbecile or butt of the joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Shemale wrote: »
    I really don't get the Mick and Kate ad, they have two old people who look wrecked because they have paid AIB the price they paid for their house plus about 50%.

Do they not say "We struggled...for 6 months?". God fcuking love them

Advertisement