Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    There are so many things I hate about this ad. I f*cking despise it.
    That music is dreadful and the f*cking dancing and people pulling stupid faces. Just stop!!!
    This would stop me using this bank.

Every time I see it I think WTF are they still advertising mortgages for when they're pulling out of Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

I mute the ads, so I saw it but haven’t heard it.
    The ad for spec savers with the animals, whatever they are - beavers, giant chipmunks, otters?
    I detest ads for adults that are animated, or cartoons.
    Some laundry detergent has knitted people, that furniture company has those Wallace and grommet characters and I think two healthcare companies have animated graphic ads.
    The only good thing about them i suppose is that they have provided work for the animators and all those other people in the background that we never hear about.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Kewreeuss wrote: »
    I think two healthcare companies have animated graphic ads.

VHI have used the animated graphics for a good few years.

Laya have I think got a mix of live action and graphics but the colour palette on the ads are extremely similar. Laya should rethink their campaign when it looks so much like the VHI ad.

Anyone know who produce the KBC ad and the GoMo ads?

The ad for spec savers with the animals, whatever they are - beavers, giant chipmunks, otters?
    Some laundry detergent has knitted people, that furniture company has those Wallace and grommet characters and I think two healthcare companies have animated graphic ads.
    The only good thing about them i suppose is that they have provided work for the animators and all those other people in the background that we never hear about.

They're moles, which are blind. Don't turn your sound on! In fairness they at least didn't dub it with Irish accents but it's weird to see an ad so blatantly for the English market on Irish TV. First thing that occured to me is we don't even have moles here.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Great for the animators but not so good for Irish actors, camera and sound engineers, directors, editors, etc. Also its not unusual for animation to be outsourced to the far East, the Simpsons used a South Korean company in the past, Disney have outsourced to the Phillipines which has a huge animation industry consisting of very cheap labour. When I see animated ads like VHI I just assume it is a case of a very wealthy company engaging in penny pinching, they probably spend more annually on their staff golfing outings than they do on their tv ads.

That stupid Ladbrokes ad that pretends to be about finding your partner but is really about finding a horse is wrecking my head this week blasting out everywhere
    "You dont find the one, the one finds you"
    Just fcuk off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭its_steve116

The Quote Devil ad before the weather on Virgin Media. And any other insurance ad with an attempt at a catchy jingle.

Always disliked the QD ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,137 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

They're moles, which are blind. Don't turn your sound on! In fairness they at least didn't dub it with Irish accents but it's weird to see an ad so blatantly for the English market on Irish TV. First thing that occured to me is we don't even have moles here.

Handy fact to know.

https://www.diyweek.net/b-q-sells-mole-repellent-in-ireland-where-moles-dont-exist

• Registered Users Posts: 16,137 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Always disliked the QD ones.

Quote Devil is soooooo easy.
    Sick of that voiceover.

And that squeaky woman, over excited for mundane savings on ho-hum products, I think it was for Dunnes Stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,486 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Bank of Ireland ad with Baz and his mammy....

"F word"......i will give you one...

I F*UCKING HATE THESE ADS!

HATE those ads with a passion too

“Today I wanna talk about the F word.... - finance - it’s nod a dirdy wurd”

Ah go away with that rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

guitarzero wrote: »
    I know, bunch of well-chuffed, self-satisfied, cringey w*nkers.

I'd say they're Dutch actors and it's pulled from their Dutch ad? Hence the self-satisfied appearance.

• Advertisement

I'd say they're Dutch actors and it's pulled from their Dutch ad? Hence the self-satisfied appearance.

Here's their Irish self-satisfied appearance

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

finance - if boi think that this is a dirty word - they should buy a dictionary.

The three mobile one about the father and son on the phone is equally ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Archeron

Blue Fanta. A very crappy ad and I'm surprised nobody mentioned Tab Clear during the product development.

Also, toilet cleaner blue isn't an appealing color for anything I might want to drink.

Archeron wrote: »
    Blue Fanta. A very crappy ad and I'm surprised nobody mentioned Tab Clear during the product development.

Also, toilet cleaner blue isn't an appealing color for anything I might want to drink.

Fanta is piss. Maybe this is their toilet cleaner flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

optogirl wrote: »
    there's a cat food ad with a man singin 'Oh baby, baby feed me' but it turns out this is the fantasy of the cat owner....so are they trying to sell the cat food on the premise that your cat will fancy you if you do? Bewildering

Aaaaaarrrrgggghhhhh!!! - that singing man cat food ad is driving me crazy, it seems to be on a lot recently or else I'm nearing peak advertitis, unfortunately I've also noticed that the backing singers are going ". . meow meow meowrrr . . . " - it makes the ear-worm even more persistent.
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,471 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

There's another new swap and save Aldi Ad. She's a primary teacher and he's just overly smiley and seems awkward.

[PHP][/PHP]
    There's another new swap and save Aldi Ad. She's a primary teacher and he's just overly smiley and seems awkward.

Is that the one with the caper van parked out back??? Anothet rubbish ad. The thing about those ads that gets me is the "suprise" figure of how much they've allegedly ' saved.'..... sur they may as well say a grand a week

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

You have to wonder what they were buying before switching to Aldi. I'm picturing top-of-the-line pasta, "rustic" chips or "hand cooked" crisps out of somewhere like Donnybrook Fair or Fallon & Byrne.

I look at it from a different angle....I think of the quantities...if you bought 8bottles of vino last month & you didn't bother this month--- bang -- there €64 in the bag before we get started

Whats the betting that couple are like them from fr Ted when the cameras aren't around??? Nobody could maintain that level of smileiness all day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Can anyone explain why bank of Ireland chose baz ashmany to front their media campaign?

Like....baz???....banking???....I don’t get it

Saw Baz Ashmany on Claire Byrne a few weeks back. Who is he? What does he do?

forumdedum wrote: »
    Saw Baz Ashmany on Claire Byrne a few weeks back. Who is he? What does he do?

Wayback when Baz was a travel presenter who went to different countries on a budget with two other guys. I think they had 3 season on Network 2.

After that he didn't do much until some radio on 2FM with Lucy Kennedy and then it was axed and he got a series on Sky called 50 ways to kill your mother.

He's pretty much lived of the Sky job since, because once your on English Telly RTÉ thinks the sunshines out of your arse, he has since present 2 shows on RTÉ and I'd say he'll be back for a second series of the Irish version of DIY SOS, because you need to buy in a format like DIY SOS.

Elmo wrote: »
    Wayback when Baz was a travel presenter who went to different countries on a budget with two other guys. I think they had 3 season on Network 2.

After that he didn't do much until some radio on 2FM with Lucy Kennedy and then it was axed and he got a series on Sky called 50 ways to kill your mother.

He's pretty much lived of the Sky job since, because once your on English Telly RTÉ thinks the sunshines out of your arse, he has since present 2 shows on RTÉ and I'd say he'll be back for a second series of the Irish version of DIY SOS, because you need to buy in a format like DIY SOS.

Right so. Never heard of him.

Bit like a certain ex BBC/Sky female presenter who is pretty much a nobody.

forumdedum wrote: »
    Right so. Never heard of him.

Bit like a certain ex BBC/Sky female presenter who is pretty much a nobody.

I know who you are talking about an not the girl in the An Post ad :D there's lots of them about.

Elmo wrote: »

Let's not forget his conviction & 2yr suspension from driving for drunk driving.....for which rte " suspended" him for a whole month WITH PAY

• Registered Users Posts: 30,471 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

[PHP][/PHP]

Is that the one with the caper van parked out back??? Anothet rubbish ad. The thing about those ads that gets me is the "suprise" figure of how much they've allegedly ' saved.'..... sur they may as well say a grand a week

Yes, clearly the wife who seems to do the shopping in this ad doesn't have a clue how to shop.

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Then there's the follow up where she's having an affair with the mortgage guy. Meeting for a coffee, cheeky texts during the day, sly phone calls!

Then he arrives over, must have thought the boyfriend wasn't home.

He tells them the news officially they get the house, they hug and the Jim Gavin lookalike looks on with a smug grin thinking "I'm already shagged her in the bed of the new house, carrot top"

Great post.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,590 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Why the feck do I care what flavour blue Fanta is?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

These ads - 6 bananas, were 2.50euro, now only 1.90euro, Kitchen roll, was 1.70euro, now only 1.40euro

Seriously, who the f*ck is keeping score on whos selling fruit and bread for a 40cent cheaper?

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    Why the feck do I care what flavour blue Fanta is?!?

You don't. i don't either. That's 2 of us. It's a start

Advertisement