Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

That new ad for Toyota hybrid with the smarmy Liam cumminhham---- ' you'll never take a wrong turn in a Toyota' ....its like something a 5yr old came up with....doesn't work on any level

Looks like its painful to drive...oh wait, he always has that forlorn expression...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

That Tesco ad is very annoying. The wife telling the husband “keep it to 50 love”Who actually speaks like that. Why does she have to tell him how much to spend? Does he actually have a brain of his own? It’s ridiculous.

Looks like its painful to drive...oh wait, he always has that forlorn expression...:rolleyes:

Like, the base purpose of any ad is 'desire/I want that' ---- I'm a big fan of the Toyota hybrids, my Daughter got the corolla h/back in Feb..... but that stupid ad actually puts me off them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

I get so excited to see that the McCarthy, Murphy and Ryan family are saving €400 a month by moving to Aldi......well done.....well done.....

Why do we need to see them drive to the bottom of the half acre garden for their staycation??and to hear the highlight of herself’s week is the SuperSix??(you’d want to be paid well to participate in that ad:confused::confused:
    More of the retriever and less of the rest of them please...:):)

That Tesco ad is very annoying. The wife telling the husband “keep it to 50 love”Who actually speaks like that. Why does she have to tell him how much to spend? Does he actually have a brain of his own? It’s ridiculous.

Kudos to you're hearing.......I'd never have got that before you pointed it out.....she kinda mumbles that line. That is an awful ad..... like seriously in 2021 that's the best they could come up with???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Something about it makes me physically nauseous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

The Gillette ad with rag n bone mans song, they couldn't get The Rock so they got his double!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭forumdedum

That radio ad where the guy is rummaging in the bins. Seriously during a pandemic why would someone be in a bin. In a normal world why would anyone be in a bin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

guitarzero wrote: »
    Yeah, its so full on. The whole thing from the script to the directing is just so infuriatingly cringey "Courage vs Fear", utter puke.

I hate those ads, there seems to be a whole bunch of them after emerging in recent years. As said before; an "authentic GAA" voice spouting some overly dramatic waffle that sounds so scripted and unnatural. You'd think they were trying to repeat the success of a good example of the genre, but as far as I know there was never a good one; they started crap and kept at it.

"Courage vs. Fear"....they're playing hurling, not getting ready to storm Omaha Beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭piplip87

That fecking McDonald's ad jor any ad that features a doorbell. Two dogs here who don't shut up until they have investigated the front door

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Of course if I won 7 million on the lotto I'd love to build a water slide for the neighborhood so I could sit on my sofa getting splashed with water.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Of course if I won 7 million on the lotto I'd love to build a water slide for the neighborhood so I could sit on my sofa getting splashed with water.

A few junkies wouldn't be long sliding down that slide into your gaff to clean the place out of your newly acquired purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,756 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That Tesco ad with the gob****e dressed up as a cowboy is the worst ad I've seen in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Yeah to be honest if the mother in the VHI ad was to slap the doctor in the face I'd understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

The Tesco cowboy ad isn't too bad, but I just realised this morning the whole point is they're promoting the new scanners, which they don't make very clear. I didn't even know they had them until I spotted them the other day in the shop, not doing a great job of raising awareness really.

Go compare.

Claire byrne sitting at the kitchen table chewing the fat with a very well endowed lady harping on about how she's had enough of family time with hubby & kid because of lockdown........seriously......what is it supposed to be even advertising?????

• Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Claire byrne sitting at the kitchen table chewing the fat with a very well endowed lady harping on about how she's had enough of family time with hubby & kid because of lockdown........seriously......what is it supposed to be even advertising?????

It's supposed to be advertising her radio show. They do one for Drivetime as well.
    It took me ages to work it out.

It's supposed to be advertising her radio show. They do one for Drivetime as well.
    It took me ages to work it out.

Glad to see my €160 "tax" is being spent well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Apt8 wrote: »
    The Tesco cowboy ad isn't too bad, but I just realised this morning the whole point is they're promoting the new scanners, which they don't make very clear. I didn't even know they had them until I spotted them the other day in the shop, not doing a great job of raising awareness really.
    Always thought those scanners were a bizarre thing to launch during lockdown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

The rte radio ads are odd. The script is so cringe, typical "ah sure look, times are hard, we all have to tighten the belt but everyone's in the same boat." The Claire Byrne one, she's supposed to be looking at the child but she's staring a good two feet above her, clearly two videos merged together.

And then the Cormac O'hEadhra lad, creepy little shifty eyes on him tracking yer man as he's about to bite into a chocolate digestive. "you just have to keep going, you really do". His voice makes me think of him as Philip Boucher-Hayes "Ralph Wiggum like" son.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

That malteasers ad that's been on for years now.

"I accidentally dropped it on the dancefloor with jamie, you know the really fit one?!"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Pussyhands wrote: »

"I accidentally dropped it on the dancefloor with jamie, you know the really fit one?!"

The first time I saw that I was convinced it started with:

"Do you know that knickers you left at mine?"

Then (while still thinking that was the line) when she explains she dropped it and she flicks the Malteesers across the table I got a vision of her ahem......... personal toys popping out and rolling across the dancefloor as there was nothing to contain them.

Even though I now know what the ad is about I still cannot unsee my first impression every time it comes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭All that fandango

Pussyhands wrote: »

"And he spun me around and....." and what??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Stripeyman

"And he spun me around and....." and what??!!

Can't remember...

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    It's still going....i fücking hate it. So the cow thinks it's ok to steal her friend's necklace. Then she breaks it. She then tells her friend about it just so she can brag that she snogged some tit. She flicks several maltesers on the ground for the cleaning staff to clean up. Then her stupid friend just wants to know if they fücked.....and she really really wants to know, for some perverted reason.

His balls must have been the size of Maltesers because she didn't remember it

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

I long for the days of this ad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR-bxWqmVFk

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭irs

Was watching Tyrone-Donegal on TG4 and that dreadful Courage vs Fear nonsense was all over the coverage. The over the top language is even more stupid when you consider the league is the No.2 competition.

Apt8 wrote: »
    I long for the days of this ad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR-bxWqmVFk

I bet you do :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭irs

Those Radio 1 ad's sound absolutely horrible. And well suited to the station.

Advertisement