Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭forumdedum

screamer wrote: »
    Not TV but the dunes stores radio adverts with the woman with the hysterical voice grinds my gears. I mute the sound every time I hear them coming on, to spare my ears.

In one of the ads she sounded really sexy. Not the other ads though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

RTE ads about the Barrytown trilogy, because it reminds me that when RTE aren't misery and cheap reality show merchants, they also love peddling collective nostalgia.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭trashcan

fluke wrote: »
    RTE ads about the Barrytown trilogy, because it reminds me that when RTE aren't misery and cheap reality show merchants, they also love peddling collective nostalgia.

I enjoyed those films, but do they really warrant a three part documentary ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Of which they had absolutely nothing to do with. They were lucky to be involved in The Family with the BBC.

No way these ads would be allowed, and its only 11 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Agreed!

Colm Meaney just watching the commitments singing, looking like Fr Jack watching tv.

And then the other boring lad makes a comment "if you were there you'd never want it to end"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 angelinaasmith

hiiii i am new here

The 3 ad with the son ringing his auld fella.

He already answers the question when he says "ah we're flying it sure!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

I'm convinced that within the next decade or so, 90% of Irish media output will consist of Italia 90 nostalgia pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,486 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

irs wrote: »
    Those Radio 1 ad's sound absolutely horrible. And well suited to the station.

The radio 1 ads are terrible and you just know they cost a fcekin fortune :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Baz & his F word ads. Cringe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,486 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

trixiebust wrote: »

“Finance. It’s nod a durdy wurd”

Ah ffs go away with that rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Elephant storage for all your storage needs...... And no you can't sleep there!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

D'ya remember gay byrne? D'ya remember Italia 90? D'ya remember the commitments? D'ya remember eurovison? D'ya remember every year of the last 10 years? ARE YA NOT ENTHERTAINED!?!?!?!?!? (Gladiator)

PieOhMy wrote: »
    D'ya remember gay byrne? D'ya remember Italia 90? D'ya remember the commitments? D'ya remember eurovison? D'ya remember every year of the last 10 years? ARE YA NOT ENTHERTAINED!?!?!?!?!? (Gladiator)

Lay off the member berries!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,471 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The Claire Byrne radio one is strange.
    It’s a bit like a lady having some type of breakdown and imaging Claire in her kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

trashcan wrote: »
    I enjoyed those films, but do they really warrant a three part documentary ?

In fairness I'm looking forward to this. I think they were the last book I ever read. The three were printed in one big hardback.
    And I loved the films.

It’s a bit like a lady having some type of breakdown and imaging Claire in her kitchen.

Awful cringey sh1te altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

That Tesco cowboy shoot out ad is an embaressment

neris wrote: »
    That Tesco cowboy shoot out ad is an embaressment

For a bunch of 5year olds it would be an embarrassment.
    Aside from the stupid outfits & clownacting the bit the grates me is " keep it under 50love".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

that Camogie one, trying its utmost to make it look sexy, GAA will never ever be sexy

• Advertisement

Soon as I saw those Radio One ads I admit I roared "sanctimonious bullcrap!" at the TV, I was actually so irate I rewinded the TV, took video of the ad and sent it to my husband at work.

God lockdown has been tough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

They're just letting people know that it's now a bit of girly show with lots of nails, hair, de-cluttering the kitchen type of stuff (which is a bit insulting imo) It's either a really brave move or a really stupid one...or both. But then again, it's RTE so I'm not overly surprised.

SOR, what have you done!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Of course if I won 7 million on the lotto I'd love to build a water slide for the neighborhood so I could sit on my sofa getting splashed with water.

I think that add is bang on the money, winning the lotto being portrayed in a scene that could be titled '**** that would never happen"

Back to why I came to the thread... There's a radio add for Sherry Fitzgerald which is basically a dialog piece about how the neighbours house is going up for sale with Sherry Fitzgerald with some very poorly executed 'man is stupid' humour. The last time I remember them advertising on the radio with an add like this, it was circa 2008, and if I remember it was a conversation between two little birds, something along the lines of 'See her, she's from Sherry Fitzgerald' and in hindsight it was a bit of of a canary in a coal mine...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I think the Claire Byrne ad is in very bad taste. There’s millions of people worldwide mourning the deaths of family and this woman is complaining she’s “sick of the sight” of her husband. I know people are tired of the lockdowns but I think it’s a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭McSween

trixiebust wrote: »

I never heard of him until 6 months ago. Now i cant get away from him. I cant stand him.

I think the Claire Byrne ad is in very bad taste. There’s millions of people worldwide mourning the deaths of family and this woman is complaining she’s “sick of the sight” of her husband. I know people are tired of the lockdowns but I think it’s a bit much.

I thought it was her and the child that were sick of the sight of each other :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,431 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

irs wrote: »
    Those Radio 1 ad's sound absolutely horrible. And well suited to the station.

Those ads are so false. And insincere

The one with Sarch McInerney and the other lad talking to the builder going on about "people are stretched too though" blah blah blah....

It's really phoney.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Pussyhands wrote: »
    I thought it was her and the child that were sick of the sight of each other :pac:

That adds to my point it’s a ridiculous ad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 KKman82

Baz needs to buy his mother a better wig from the boi money.

• Advertisement

Anyone seen the new one for hunky dory crisps.??????
    Some guy that doesn't look too smart is shouting at the crisps on a conveyor belt. It makes the Tesco cowboy ad look like an Oscar contender

Advertisement