Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭oneweb

There seems to be a gamut of ads recently with (badly-)autotuned singing. Forkin hell, as if having to listen to the same thing over and over wasn't bad enough :eep:

How do those ppl get the job in the first place, they don't even APPEAR on screen - SINGING is the only thing they do in the ads ffs!

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Claire byrne sitting at the kitchen table chewing the fat with a very well endowed lady harping on about how she's had enough of family time with hubby & kid because of lockdown........seriously......what is it supposed to be even advertising?????

Would you have a link for it, I cant find it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

On Baz, was his show with his mammy even on RTE?

It's not like many people would know his mammy in either case. She wouldn't be blessed with "screen presence".

As for that lotto ad with the fella who invested in a water-slide for the neighbourhood. Feck that, there is no way I could face all the cellulite thighs and bingo wings in swimsuits in my living room :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭trashcan

As for that lotto ad with the fella who invested in a water-slide for the neighbourhood. Feck that, there is no way I could face all the cellulite thighs and bingo wings in swimsuits in my living room :eek:

Well, it wuz 7 million !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I see the Ariel gang is back, to instruct me how to load the washing machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

madmaggie wrote: »
    I see the Ariel gang is back, to instruct me how to load the washing machine.

Step 1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭oneweb

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Step 1

I put my shoulder out trying to... whatever move that is... throwing the pod into the washing machine. The pod bounced right back out of course, what with the clothes in the way.

It is what it's.

Any ad with a song turned into a soppy number like that Barry's Tea ad. If you're not roaring out "and I would walk 500 miles" then you've ruined the song.

Same with the vodafone ad with Elbows "one day like this"

Likewise Eirgrid "sending out an SOS to the world"

Seen another one this evening destroying a more lively song with a dirgy version again. Think it was something to do with breaking hips.

Seen another one this evening destroying a more lively song with a dirgy version again. Think it was something to do with breaking hips.

That ad actually made me laugh first time I saw it. It's so ridiculous. And what's the point to it? Don't fall over when you're older? Cause right now I'm busy flinging myself around the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭optogirl

The latest installment in the Kerrygold saga following the odd first meeting of 8 year olds where they're giving each other the eye to the strangled warblings of 'I can't help falling in love with you'. Now we see their daughter making toast and jam and sticking her fingers in the jar and licking them. Mank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

optogirl wrote: »
    The latest installment in the Kerrygold saga following the odd first meeting of 8 year olds where they're giving each other the eye to the strangled warblings of 'I can't help falling in love with you'. Now we see their daughter making toast and jam and sticking her fingers in the jar and licking them. Mank.

Kerrygold have always been up their own arses when it comes to their advertising. Does anyone else remember the ad with the fella taking a box of dirt with him before moving to germany to put his sons feet on?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

why is the KBC mortgage ad still running? i thought they were leaving ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

fryup wrote: »
    why is the KBC mortgage ad still running? i thought they were leaving ireland?

No idea why they still advertise, just hope they take this knob with them.

[IMG][/img]kbc-wnkr.jpg

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    No idea why they still advertise, just hope they take this knob with them.

[IMG][/img]kbc-wnkr.jpg

That lad would want to be careful not to break a hip..

A lot of comedy panel show ads.

One I really hate these days is the Guessable ad on Comedy Central.

Just awful cheap rubbish with scripted lines.

"Something you drink tea out of!"..." a kettle"....."hur dur what the hell, you drink tea out of a kettle lmao?"

"Do you play games with your family?"....."Yes, mind games".."lol"

"In this box I have your horoscopes"..."Does it say I'm going to cross paths with a liar?"...."lolool"

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭All that fandango

Magnum and Heinekan using the same song for their ads that are being run at the same time is wrecking my head. Talk about overkill. Used to like Tainted Love but now my love for it is tainted.

Can anyone explain what is going on in the Heinekan ad? Why does the woman slam the door and have the taxi drive off on her boyfriend? And the 2 lads on the couch?

Also, Ca Plan Pour Moi Moi Moi Moi Moi (Kelloggs) is on way too often. Another alright song ruined. Now it just sounds daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Magnum and Heinekan using the same song for their ads that are being run at the same time is wrecking my head. Talk about overkill. Used to like Tainted Love but now my love for it is tainted.

Can anyone explain what is going on in the Heinekan ad? Why does the woman slam the door and have the taxi drive off on her boyfriend? And the 2 lads on the couch?

Also, Ca Plan Pour Moi Moi Moi Moi Moi (Kelloggs) is on way too often. Another alright song ruined. Now it just sounds daft.

the token gays

• Registered Users Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

2ndcoming wrote: »
    The new insurance ad. "We're young people..." Absolute shudders.

I can see the ad director - can you say that again, just even smugger than last time. Take 50!

This one....aren’t ye feckin great,being young and never having driven drunk.....like,is that supposed to make them as superior as they come across???....very poorly thought out and irritating ad:confused::(

The Eirgrid ad where the butcher a song by the Police annoys the bejaysus out of me. Especially the bit on the beach where they are all singing flat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I find most adverts these days annoying, and it seems the volume goes up when they come on also. There seems to be a lot less creativity and originality in modern adverts compared to those in the 1980s and 90s.

One advert I particularly despise is that incredibly annoying one for Quote Devil insurance where it plays heavy metal to get your attention. When that adverts come on, I always switch the channel.

Ah jeez.....the mc governs ONLY saved €225 in the month in aldi.......its just not good enough!!!!

With those aldi family saver ads, it's like they've never heard of Aldi before. How can you never have done some kind of shop to guage the prices in the shop??

I think you have to be a special type of attention seeker to be one of those families on the ads. Just imagine them at home there "you know, I think we should apply and go on telly and pretend we've saved hundreds of euros by changing to Aldi"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭jackboy

The part of that ad that annoys me when when one guy kicks the other guys bottle while sitting on the couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,051 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

That lad would want to be careful not to break a hip..

Hes a bit old to be taking out a mortgage not to mind prancing about like a tw@t.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Hes a bit old to be taking out a mortgage not to mind prancing about like a tw@t.

The one gyrating while smugly hula-hooping over her head also needs a swift kick into oblivion...

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

Every time it comes on I think he's actually about to keel over.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

All mortgage ads are pretty poor.

The Permanent TSB lady out running to the EBS Mortgage Masters to the AIB guy on his motorcycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    All mortgage ads are pretty poor.

The Permanent TSB lady out running to the EBS Mortgage Masters to the AIB guy on his motorcycle.

I just noticed yesterday in the Permanent TBS mortgage ad the voiceover claims that they are selling "our lowest ever mortgage"

But then the small print at the bottom of the screen says 'Lowest ever mortgage refers to since 8/5/2012'

So its not their lowest ever mortgage then. How are they let away with this sh1t?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

That malteasers ad that's been on for years now.

"I accidentally dropped it on the dancefloor with jamie, you know the really fit one?!"

Given she implies she was so out of it drunk that she can't remember what she did with him I'm surprised this ad is still allowed to air in 2021. Your man is clearly Larry Murphy by the standards of the Twitter warriors.

Advertisement