Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Given she implies she was so out of it drunk that she can't remember what she did with him I'm surprised this ad is still allowed to air in 2021. Your man is clearly Larry Murphy by the standards of the Twitter warriors.

Strangely enough, lots of people drop things without being drunk. I didn't get any suggestion of 'drink taken' from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Given she implies she was so out of it drunk that she can't remember what she did with him
    She says "don't remember" in a way that seems more like "feck off, I am not telling you anything". esp. as the other one says "go on you have to tell me" after.

rubadub wrote: »
    She says "don't remember" in a way that seems more like "feck off, I am not telling you anything". esp. as the other one says "go on you have to tell me" after.

I assumed she says don't remember to imply what happened next is not suitable for pre-watershed ears.

Anyway, I stand by my original opinion and say that ad should be banned because it depicts the willful destruction of malteasers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I'm sure most of these has been mentioned but there must be a record amount of sh*te ads on the TV at the moment.

Bank of Ireland: It's almost as if they were getting the public ready for the sh*tty decision to close down shops and monopolise the banking market by using Baz as the face of their campaign. An utter tosser.

KBC: The bellend in the waistcoat. Crap jingle.

3 Ad with the farmer and his son: I hate these recent spate of ads during covid trying to make you have "the feels". What we get is a hammed up and over-acted ad. Vodafone as well are awful for these.

Finally, Tesco:

This is one of the worst ads I've ever seen. The premise is a useless white man can't remember the tesco brand pasta and the multipack of crisps so he has to be a 12 year old and make the most mundane tasks be make believe. Whilst the cynical Irish wife (keep it to 50 love) raises her eyes to heaven as if he would be the type that would set the house on fire if he was asked to make a cup of tea. Absolutely dreadful.

Anyone seen the new 'episode' of aldi ad with the big teeth guy that thinks it's hilarious that the camper van is out the back??? In the new one toothy guy says " I used to play football... now I play biscuits".............. oh, sweet jesus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

“Now yer suckin diesaaaaaal” Christ it’s so annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

"Broadband optimised' The utterly stupid Virgin ad with the three standing behind a desk waving their hands around as they age in ridiculous outfits. 'Let's go again'. The woman in particular is incredibly grating for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

I didn't think it was possible for someone to over act an Irish farmer but Three Ireland managed that in their new ad!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

jk23 wrote: »
    I didn't think it was possible for someone to over act an Irish farmer but Three Ireland managed that in their new ad!!!

It is appalling.

He asks the father the same question over and over.

Very poor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

jk23 wrote: »

I thought he was Terry Tibbs the first time I saw it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    It is appalling.

He asks the father the same question over and over.

Very poor

He answers the damn question when he says "ah we're flyin' it sure!"

Soft hands son still asks "..but how are you holding up?" Get back to your auld lad ya lazy bollix and help him foot the turf, instead of staying up sitting on the couch up in Dublin all weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Sardonicat wrote: »
    "Broadband optimised' The utterly stupid Virgin ad with the three standing behind a desk waving their hands around as they age in ridiculous outfits. 'Let's go again'. The woman in particular is incredibly grating for some reason.

It just drags on and on. And it’s not funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

Stupid aldi ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭All that fandango

Im not surprised their isnt a thread for best tv adverts, so I hope its ok if I slip this one in here..I really like the music they have for the Skoda made for Ireland advert. I've searched high and low for the full track but unfortunately its music only made for the ad. It's lovely and relaxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Im not surprised their isnt a thread for best tv adverts

There is but it tends to get forgotten about. Adverts we like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

The Seat ad with Walk on the Wild Side playing. I have no clue what a song about transgender people, oral sex, drugs, etc has to do about a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,855 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

ollaetta wrote: »
    There is but it tends to get forgotten about. Adverts we like

What it shows that it is sometimes the same ads

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The Seat ad with Walk on the Wild Side playing. I have no clue what a song about transgender people, oral sex, drugs, etc has to do about a car.

And a fairly boring car at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Hate all these woke companies.

Colgate ad is one of them. "when I say you can't be a chef with down syndrome....I smile"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

I completely get what you mean about the woman. She reminds me of people I worked with who were never happy with a job well done.

She's a bit of a Karen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

The permanent tsb ad where that cute girl has her hands hands all over the mortgage advisor.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,298 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The Sightsavers advert, the child is being abused by being openly exposed to flies by the person holding him without making any attempt to protect him. They should be locked up and have the child seized from them, it's televised torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Anyone notice in the opening scene the black guy’s head seems to be floating or something?! It’s like it’s superimposed on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭CoBo55

The Ikea ad... What in the name of Jayzus is it all about, that sound track actually hurts my ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭oneweb

That ad actually made me laugh first time I saw it. It's so ridiculous. And what's the point to it? Don't fall over when you're older? Cause right now I'm busy flinging myself around the place.

It's the most morbidly depressing ad I've seen in a long time. DON'T FALL, YOU COULD END UP DISABLED, OR DIE Jee zuss Cry st, as if people didn't already have enough to worry about and getting older wasn't already a daily challenge for some people,

I can't even remember what the ad was for, I was so traumatised by it.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭oneweb

This ad, the Coke(?) gangly dancers ad and the one where the camera goes up a dog's nose to its brain... All conceived and produced by marketing ppl clearly off their heads on hallucinogenics.

It is what it's.

oneweb wrote: »
    It's the most morbidly depressing ad I've seen in a long time. DON'T FALL, YOU COULD END UP DISABLED, OR DIE Jee zuss Cry st, as if people didn't already have enough to worry about and getting older wasn't already a daily challenge for some people,

I can't even remember what the ad was for, I was so traumatised by it.

This is basically what the ad is for, no product, no service, just "Don't fall over when you're old cause it'll completely bollix you"!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,471 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The latest Aldi ad is brutal with the dad saying he used play football but now he has biscuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

The permanent tsb ad where that cute girl has her hands hands all over the mortgage advisor.

Cute!!!!!! With the curly freckled famine era head on her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Cute!!!!!! With the curly freckled famine era head on her.

Famine head:D:D brilliant.

Advertisement