Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Any ad featuring Peter crouch

ckeego wrote: »
    It’s retro?

It’s crap...

Retro doesn't mean good.

It's a retro jingle. I can't believe more people don't remember it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,262 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The " hugely talented" Lucy Kennedy is pushing her " fantastic" new show......' I got a puppy'...... looks really bad.....all these animal shows have been done to death

Has anyone called the ISPCA?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

Retro doesn't mean good.

It's a retro jingle. I can't believe more people don't remember it.

I mean it's the same lyrics, but are you seriously comparing the 2? The current one sounds like a pisstake.

Apt8 wrote: »
    I mean it's the same lyrics, but are you seriously comparing the 2? The current one sounds like a pisstake.

It's the exact same tune!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

2 ads out at the moment using Soft Cell's Tainted Love.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Apt8 wrote: »

The ad starts of with the original tune in the background. It's just a different version.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

I'm talking about the jazzy song in the current ad, you both are talking about the same thing right?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Mac 3

jk23 wrote: »
    I didn't think it was possible for someone to over act an Irish farmer but Three Ireland managed that in their new ad!!!

Is he the pub owner in that old Guinness ad that was on recently? Do you know the way to San Jose?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,050 ✭✭✭CoBo55

That absolutely pointless Ad for clothes softener that implies it dries the clothes... Brutal stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Mac 3

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Its awful crap and easily the ad I most despise at the moment. And as you say it seems to go on for ages while we get three different scenarios with BROADBAND OPTIMISED. Its cheap, tacky and a right pain in the hoop.

Thought I was the only one to hate this one .

Why does Vodafone seem to love ads with singing children ..

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

Paddy Power ads used to be hilarious, but the last few ones with prominent people (Crouch, Colm Meaney, Jose Mourhino) were about as funny as a child's autopsy.

Which is a shame, as all three of those lads are funny lads in their own right. The ads were just terrible though, the Meaney one in particular.

Mac 3 wrote: »
    Is he the pub owner in that old Guinness ad that was on recently? Do you know the way to San Jose?

Jeez..... you could be right on the money there...............well, is it the SAME GUY???????????

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Jeez..... you could be right on the money there...............well, is it the SAME GUY???????????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rbxBHoNJdY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The way country people are portrayed in ads. Shure, begod, we all go round shouting at each other, what??

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

There is an ad telling parents to say no to their chaps who want to eat sweets/treats before dinne.

And the one with the three in the car to wear seat belts.

What is wrong with people?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,262 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    And the one with the three in the car to wear seat belts.

What is wrong with people?

People are dumb.
    Having said that we need one to tell dumbasses that destroying the county with their rubbish isn't cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭All that fandango

madmaggie wrote: »
    The way country people are portrayed in ads. Shure, begod, we all go round shouting at each other, what??

The way they have him portrayed, he seems like a man who'se wife died 20 years ago but still thinks she's only gone out to the shed to get turf.

Also, "Kate'cher on meuwt" grinds my gears.

The way they have him portrayed, he seems like a man who'se wife died 20 years ago but still thinks she's only gone out to the shed to get turf.

I really don't get that ad. He is unable to teach them via onlne classes, so they all meet up and manage to master the song without him?

Puts him out of a job if anything.

That absolutely bizarre seatbelt ad is on again. Who in the jaysus even politely asks their mates to put on the belt? Either belt is on or you're out the car is how most people treat it.

You actually feel sorry for actors who's agent gets them these gigs and they have to demean themselves with such rubbish.

• Advertisement

That absolutely bizarre seatbelt ad is on again. Who in the jaysus even politely asks their mates to put on the belt? Either belt is on or you're out the car is how most people treat it.

You actually feel sorry for actors who's agent gets them these gigs and they have to demean themselves with such rubbish.

Not as demeaning as the aerial pods ad, it's grimly embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

That three ad is brutal - how many times is he asking the same question.

The aldi ad is equally as bad. That said the previous aldi family were grand.

I really don't get that ad. He is unable to teach them via onlne classes, so they all meet up and manage to master the song without him?

Puts him out of a job if anything.

My thoughts exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭donegal_man

...You actually feel sorry for actors who's agent gets them these gigs and they have to demean themselves with such rubbish.

Like the musicians who allow their songs to be brutalised in adverts (looking at you Queen and that dreadful Flash ad)

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    That three ad is brutal - how many times is he asking the same question.

The aldi ad is equally as bad. That said the previous aldi family were grand.

You obviously haven't got an elderly parent... And yes they do shout like that on the phone, all the bloody time...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Energia and Supermom. FRO!!!!!

Every single advert for the last couple of years has been some yank sounding Irish brat peddling some mummy product, some absolutely “badass” woman showing how amazing they are, a kooky hipster singsongy ad or a powerful “be-nice”/connect/ overly mushy piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Me_Grapes

It's like he's breaking the news that a family member has been brutally murdered, the way asks his friend to put on the seatbelt.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

That new Guinness ad about pubs reopening with Barry keoghan

at least I think it was him....

Such a Preachy and fake tone to it

And then the passive aggressive patronising “telling off” at the end

“You have the pubs back open - let’s make it last ok??”

Whole thing is awful

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

it makes it look like the man is suffering from demintia , and sadly that wasnt the purpose of the add

if this man is in his 70s he was in his 40s in the 1990s which makes him well capable of using a mobile phone or laptop , its an insult to people of that age

• Advertisement

it makes it look like the man is suffering from demintia , and sadly that wasnt the purpose of the add

if this man is in his 70s he was in his 40s in the 1990s which makes him well capable of using a mobile phone or laptop , its an insult to people of that age

I wouldn't be too sure about that, I'm in my 50's and know many people my age and younger who can barely manage to make and answer a call on their phone, they wouldn't have a hope in hell of ever mastering a scratch pad, not a chance!!

Advertisement