Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

CoBo55 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be too sure about that, I'm in my 50's and know many people my age and younger who can barely manage to make and answer a call on their phone, they wouldn't have a hope in hell of ever mastering a scratch pad, not a chance!!

nonsense the day of the thick rural farmer is gone long gone , anyone who lives outside dublin knows this , the add is a total cop out it is compleet nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭CoBo55

nonsense the day of the thick rural farmer is gone long gone , anyone who lives outside dublin knows this , the add is a total cop out it is compleet nonsense

I live outside Dublin, and the thick rural farmer (your description) is alive and well.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

I live outside Dublin, and the thick rural farmer (your description) is alive and well.

There are very few of them when it comes to filling out forms for grants etc.

yrreg0850 wrote: »
    There are very few of them when it comes to filling out forms for grants etc.

The wife or son in Ag college does that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Energia and Supermom. FRO!!!!!

The wan fishing the action figure from under the couch for the son?

Gets a thumbs up from me. She's absolutely knock out good looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

That's what they want you to think :) its what they have always wanted you to think :pac:

Elmo wrote: »
    That's what they want you to think :) its what they have always wanted you to think :pac:

No thinking involved, I know plenty of men like him, nothing wrong with them in the slightest but they do exist.

The wan fishing the action figure from under the couch for the son?

Gets a thumbs up from me. She's absolutely knock out good looking.

She sure is, her under the sofa Tee shirt is a lot more revealing than the one she's wearing at the end of the Ad:D just an observation I've made...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Acosta

That Hop House 13 ad must be the most reconditioned ad ever. They've basically been re-editing the same ad for 6 years with different voice-overs.

Acosta wrote: »
    That Hop House 13 ad must be the most reconditioned ad ever. They've basically been re-editing the same ad for 6 years with different voice-overs.

And it’s undrinkable piss...

• Advertisement

No thinking involved, I know plenty of men like him, nothing wrong with them in the slightest but they do exist.

Tell know one but shhh I know similar types in the City....

She sure is, her under the sofa Tee shirt is a lot more revealing than the one she's wearing at the end of the Ad:D just an observation I've made...

I must be very observant too!!!!! The only thing I find slightly off putting about her is she reminds of that talentless Glenda Gilson

I must be very observant too!!!!! The only thing I find slightly off putting about her is she reminds of that talentless Glenda Gilson

Ahhh, now you've gone and ruined the whole bloody thing:D..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I gave up the GAA and then I took up.....the biscuits.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahahah Donal you're a gas ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,051 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

There's a shorter, edited version of this ad for Zalondo currently on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tklMEpmR1G4

I haven't the faintest idea WTF any of this hodge podge of random fat yokes is meant to be about.

Zalondo amazes me, its stuff is staggeringly more expensive than the high street (like all online retailers, really)
    I got about ten seconds in, the guys "rapping" was enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,051 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

it makes it look like the man is suffering from demintia , and sadly that wasnt the purpose of the add

if this man is in his 70s he was in his 40s in the 1990s which makes him well capable of using a mobile phone or laptop , its an insult to people of that age

I'm in my 40s and for much of the 90s mobile phones were still largely associated with yuppies, it would only have been been towards the very late 90s that they started becoming common with the general population. I got my first one in 1999 or 2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭oneweb

That car ad with Tom Hardy. Sexy lad, lovely voice. But...

The instructions to him: speak stupidly slow, we're paying you for it by the second. And if you start too fast, bring it right back before the end of each sentence. Maybe a sex voice. Yeah, like you're putting your
    o_0
    into
    -.-
    get out of it, ya filthbag

It is what it's.

I'm in my 40s and for much of the 90s mobile phones were still largely associated with yuppies, it would only have been been towards the very late 90s that they started becoming common with the general population. I got my first one in 1999 or 2000.

#READYYYY TO GOOOOOO!

Aww they don't make ads that fun anymore :(

It is what it's.

Always hated that Guinness ad where he's dancing around like a twat. And always felt Guinness ads were ready-made, just needed a brand stuck to the last 5 seconds.

Today I've found the proof I needed...

It is what it's.

oneweb wrote: »
    #READYYYY TO GOOOOOO!

Aww they don't make ads that fun anymore :(

Don't charge like that anymore either, 80c day and 20c night... Eircell were the only operator.

• Advertisement

Don't charge like that anymore either, 80c day and 20c night... Eircell were the only operator.

Esat Speakeasy was their main competition.

Remember when in Ireland they branded Pay as You Go.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bXP5MURMZA

Esat Speakeasy was their main competition.

Remember when in Ireland they branded Pay as You Go.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bXP5MURMZA

Not in the beginning when they were 088. When Esat were finally allowed enter the market Eircell became 087 and Esat were 086 Esat were dreadful practically no coverage outside of medium sized towns.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

oneweb wrote: »
    Always hated that Guinness ad where he's dancing around like a twat. And always felt Guinness ads were ready-made, just needed a brand stuck to the last 5 seconds.

Today I've found the proof I needed...
    The Rutger Hauer ads they had in England were brilliant. In comparison, we had those sh1te "whisper" efforts. Same with Carling Black Label. The "I bet he drinks Carling Black Label" were great. Look up the dambusters one on YouTube!

*quick question; how come the Hauer ads were never aired in Ireland?*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

I've just seen an ad for Ballygowan. While I don't despise it (yet), it references 750 years of purity.....

What has happened? In the 90s it was 800 years of purity surely.... Have they speeded up the process?

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Butson

New Today FM TV ad - not sure what the hell is going on there.

Butson wrote: »
    New Today FM TV ad - not sure what the hell is going on there.

Is that the Ad with the horsey looking one dressed in a 90s power suit? It's brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Two of the most annoying ads I've seen in years: the Dominos ad with all the lads yodelling.
    The one where the hairdresser says she accepts credit cards now and everyone in the house starts going Ooooooooooooh for ages.
    What a load of smeg :mad:

: the Dominos ad with all the lads yodelling.

Could not believe that ad when I saw it...... seriously woeful. Someday, there'll be a thread of the worst ads of all time...... that dominos is a contender for top 10 position

Not in the beginning when they were 088. When Esat were finally allowed enter the market Eircell became 087 and Esat were 086 Esat were dreadful practically no coverage outside of medium sized towns.

I don’t think Ready To Go brand was ever analogue 088. We are talking about 1999 to 2003 just before Meteor entered the market.

• Advertisement

I don’t think Ready To Go brand was ever analogue 088. We are talking about 1999 to 2003 just before Meteor entered the market.

And here's me thinking this thread was a general chit chat about Ad's I didn't think we were getting down to specific dates, sure that's boards for you.

Advertisement