Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Birneybau wrote: »
    Do they not say "We struggled...for 6 months?". God fcuking love them

The norm with mortgage repayment shouldn't be 10-15 years + of struggling to meet ends meat every month.

People these days are too easily accepting of their **** lot in life in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Autosport wrote: »
    You've out grown your house, it's for some bank in the U.K. God it's annoying

Is that the one with the toothy tall lady trying to manoeuvre her long limbs through a doll's house?
    Yah, hate it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,378 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

ligerdub wrote: »
    The man in ads is nearly always an imbecile or butt of the joke.

there are a lot of neutral adverts but anything involving a family dynamic in particular you are right and some with nasty overtones if you stop to think about it like the one I just mentioned or take the Aldi veg juice advert, the smirk on her face is pure evil like she enjoys torturing her husband. Reverse the genders and all the women's groups would burst a blood vessel and call it celebrating domestic abuse. I don't know why they wouldn't think some men would get the hump and take a dislike to the product being sold?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The woman on the Oral B ad whinging about how awful her teeth look, all those perfectly aligned gnashers, yeah, terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

That McDonalds one with the father and son at the drive thru ordering peri peri something or other and the son besotted by the young wan working there. No obvious reason but I can't stand it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,519 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I see the Aib Mick and kate ad has been re-recorded and they have left out the braces god love them all three of them

Yeah I noticed that! I wonder if they got complaints from brace-wearing people?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

ollaetta wrote: »
    That McDonalds one with the father and son at the drive thru ordering peri peri something or other and the son besotted by the young wan working there. No obvious reason but I can't stand it.

Multinational corporation using age-old "sex sells" trick in 2017?

Fake punk imagery appropriated to make said multinational corporation appear edgy?

Gormless eejit who looks like he never saw a woman in his life?

I'm sure we can think of a few more... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Can't stand that Quorn ad where Steve "makes up to Lisa for working late by making her favourite spag bol".

Apart altogether from the desecration of the Italian language, why should Steve make up to her for working late? Presumably he's either earning overtime or else grinding his way towards "that promotion" in order to keep Lisa in the handbags, jewellery, wine and spag bol that she's got herself used to?

While Steve is bringing home the bacon, and then cooking it, Lisa is idling in front of the TV, making him feel guilty that her dinner is not ready. I hope she's reserving all her energy for the bedtime antics later, because otherwise Steve is getting a really raw deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

DivingDuck wrote: »
    VIPoo. Jesus. The height of awful.

This always seems to come on when I am eating with its (literal and figurative both) crappy animation of turds dropping into a toilet. Revolting.

Probably the only advert to ever successfully turn my stomach.

(And if the above doesn't sicken you, the concept and acting will.)

Definitely the worst ad I've seen in years. An actress sh*ts chocolate doughnuts while some backstage goon wafts the air while walking past the toilets, presumably hoping to get a whiff of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭flazio

fricatus wrote: »
    Can't stand that Quorn ad where Steve "makes up to Lisa for working late by making her favourite spag bol".

Apart altogether from the desecration of the Italian language, why should Steve make up to her for working late? Presumably he's either earning overtime or else grinding his way towards "that promotion" in order to keep Lisa in the handbags, jewellery, wine and spag bol that she's got herself used to?

While Steve is bringing home the bacon, and then cooking it, Lisa is idling in front of the TV, making him feel guilty that her dinner is not ready. I hope she's reserving all her energy for the bedtime antics later, because otherwise Steve is getting a really raw deal!
    If it's Quorn he's making then it's definitely not bacon he's bringing home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

Penn wrote: »
    Definitely the worst ad I've seen in years. An actress sh*ts chocolate doughnuts while some backstage goon wafts the air while walking past the toilets, presumably hoping to get a whiff of it.

I have been laughing at this for about three minutes solid.

Thank you for articulating everything that's wrong with this whole thing so hilariously. Next time I am watching this ad, this is all I'll be able to think of— and for that I thank you. One of those true "I wish I could thank this post twice" moments.

DivingDuck wrote: »
    I have been laughing at this for about three minutes solid.

Thank you for articulating everything that's wrong with this whole thing so hilariously. Next time I am watching this ad, this is all I'll be able to think of— and for that I thank you. One of those true "I wish I could thank this post twice" moments.

I thanked it for you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The old bastard is back in the Ikea ad, jesus he has the most punch able face ever
    Their cooking seems to have improved, since when he tastes the drink at the end he does not grimace in disgust anymore. It's quite odd as it looks very similar to the original ending.
    fricatus wrote: »

Apart altogether from the desecration of the Italian language, why should Steve make up to her for working late?
    I thought the same, makes no sense. Watching it again it does not say "makes up to lisa" but "make up for working late" "with a meal in 15mins"

So maybe they do not mean "making up to her", but just "if you are short on time how do you make up for it" and saying quorn is so easy to cook with you can make a decent meal in only 15mins. But it still does seem like he is "making up to her" as he is cooking her favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,378 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

all kinds of things wrong with this one

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

This showed up in Designated Survivor last night - product placement has never been so blatant or out of place - even for US TV!

This "intermission" took place immediately after a tense exchange between characters so it was a complete break from the immersion of the show :( :mad: Then you get a "beauty shot" of the car at the end too :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

The new Lidl ad with the Lidlcam, bloody hell. What an annoying bunch of kids.:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Roanmore wrote: »
    The new Lidl ad with the Lidlcam, bloody hell. What an annoying bunch of kids.:mad::mad:

The tattoos on the knobs. Modern society is scary.

The other lidl "family pack of condoms" one puke-a-rific :mad:

EDIT: Actually they are in the process of doing our lidl up and it will look like the one in the ad, not sure why the hell they bothered because knocking it and rebuilding it in the vein of this new hipster outlet isn't going to draw extra custom.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

silverharp wrote: »
    all kinds of things wrong with this one

Saw that in the cinema last night and heard an audible "wtf?" from about three different people around me.

For me its the Nescafe ad where a woman and her cool beautiful friends take the piss out of her fool husband who's seen the kids art on the fridge with the muscled tennis coach. The poor man should leave the manipulative cow immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The tattoo pair on the Lidl ad, I keep thinking their baby will pop out covered in tattoos.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

The lidl ads. Jesus. Christ. 100% the most irritating ads on television ever, in my opinion. "You go get the maaash, the maaaaash". Who the f*ck thought making ads that would make people change the channel would encourage us to shop there? I'm seriously thinking of boycotting lidl over this, I love lidl, but I also like Aldi so I think I'm going to Aldi in future. Well done marketing executives.
    Oh and tattooed couple? I hope you read this. You look f*cking awful. You may be happy with how you look, but no one else is, so please stay indoors as much as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I also agree about the Lidl ads, so annoying and the ad with the mum and 3 kids really annoys me more so than the others. Haven't stepped inside the store since I saw those ads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

The new tesco ad. "She's a supermarket woman" on repeat about 10 times. I nearly sprain my arse jumping around the couch to turn it down every time it's on.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

That Chris O Dowd lookalike lip synching to Yes Sir I Can Boogie annoys me no end. Forget what it's for exactly, Twix bars?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

The lidl ads. Jesus. Christ. 100% the most irritating ads on television ever, in my opinion. "You go get the maaash, the maaaaash". Who the f*ck thought making ads that would make people change the channel would encourage us to shop there? I'm seriously thinking of boycotting lidl over this, I love lidl, but I also like Aldi so I think I'm going to Aldi in future. Well done marketing executives.
    Oh and tattooed couple? I hope you read this. You look f*cking awful. You may be happy with how you look, but no one else is, so please stay indoors as much as you can.

I concur, truly awful. I presumed they were flatmates until the lads started callin her mother and even then I thought it was some Oedipal, kinky role playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Can somebody explain that stupid Vodafone ad with the spray on fake tan? I don't understand it. I'm sure even if I did, I'd still despise it. The other one with the tattoo is crap as well.

Oh and that Subway add for burnt beef gets on my tits (why would anyone want burned meat anyway???)!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Eir -"making free epic again"

can picture some old marketing guys "all the kids seem to be saying epic this, epic that, shoehorn the word into the next ad somewhere, doesn't matter if it makes no sense"

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Saw that in the cinema last night and heard an audible "wtf?" from about three different people around me.

Were you at Ghost in the Shell in Cineworld?

Came on to post about this ad. Just bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

Saw it during Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 on Friday in the IMC Galway. Everyone at the screening laughed at the end of the Nissan ad. No one understood it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Lidl ads are pure scutter

Advertisement