Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I gave up the GAA and then I took up.....the biscuits.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahahah Donal you're a gas ticket.

That fecker grinds my gears…….

I think it's Homestore and More, there's an ad where a child is awful upset about not getting a part in a school play, goes home and gets cheered up. It just has absolutely nothing to do with the product. I'm not inspired, I'm confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

i can tell you the biggest narcastic arsehles i have ever met work in advertising. i can tell u more if ye want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭NoLuckLarry

I think it's Homestore and More, there's an ad where a child is awful upset about not getting a part in a school play, goes home and gets cheered up. It just has absolutely nothing to do with the product. I'm not inspired, I'm confused.

The one where the child is wearing a school uniform at her family bbq and appears to be doing a presentation about a bush?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭All that fandango

That family man from the Aldi ad who gave up football for biscuits has to be a serious contender for Ireland's Most Annoying Man. He makes Dermot Bannon seem bearable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,049 ✭✭✭CoBo55

i can tell you the biggest narcastic arsehles i have ever met work in advertising. i can tell u more if ye want

I'm all ears, are they worse than the nerds working in "charities"?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

CoBo55 wrote: »
    I'm all ears, are they worse than the nerds working in "charities"?

one senior exec cried and went to bed after winning major ac lol get a grip..

That new Guinness ad about pubs reopening with Barry keoghan

at least I think it was him....

Such a Preachy and fake tone to it

And then the passive aggressive patronising “telling off” at the end

“You have the pubs back open - let’s make it last ok??”

Whole thing is awful

+1. What a load of absolute sh1te and him of all people to be lecturing the public.

https://www.dailyedge.ie/barry-keoghan-3905929-Mar2018/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I for one would love to hear a few stories - you could create a new thread and link it here, so that this one doesn't go off topic.

New one from Bank of Ireland where young couple are " inviting" his mother to come & live with them.....but heres the punchline......they've decorated her room in 1950's- 1960's colours/ wallpaper........ it actually makes the ptsb crinkly hair girl flirting with the smarmy banker guy look good

• Advertisement

New one from Bank of Ireland where young couple are " inviting" his mother to come & live with them.....but heres the punchline......they've decorated her room in 1950's- 1960's colours/ wallpaper........ it actually makes the ptsb crinkly hair girl flirting with the smarmy banker guy look good

Lord spare us, who thinks this drivel up?? I haven't seen it yet but I'm sure I'll have a pain in my face looking at it until autumn..

That one with the young one bawling on the bus is dreadful. The soundtrack for the bus is like something from the 1930's...

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

The ad with the C4 gogglebox cast advertising Citroën

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

It's a horrible ad. I don't get the point of it, do they need her money from her sold house to get a place of their own? Why would she want a new living room that's the same as her old one? She appears to be still grieving, why uproot her?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

it actually makes the ptsb crinkly hair girl flirting with the smarmy banker guy look good

In the PTSB ad why is the mortgage advisor so happy for them? In real life he would be jealous, he's probably on about 28K a year and therefore a long way off getting his own house.

pauliebdub wrote: »
    It's a horrible ad. I don't get the point of it, do they need her money from her sold house to get a place of their own? Why would she want a new living room that's the same as her old one? She appears to be still grieving, why uproot her?

Yep, its all about the WILL, ole dear is obviously paying for the new gaff so they threw her a bone, also saving a few €€€€, just moving the old tat from the old house into "her" room

Rket4000 wrote: »
    The ad with the C4 gogglebox cast advertising Citroën

I like gogglebox & have no issue with anyone turning a few€€€€, but you gotta feel they sold themselves cheap on this one

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Lord spare us, who thinks this drivel up?? I haven't seen it yet but I'm sure I'll have a pain in my face looking at it until autumn..

But the POSITIVE bit is its a boi ad and baz whatshisface
    ISN'T IN IT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

pauliebdub wrote: »

Yeah, she looks like a perfectly healthy woman. Great deal for them getting a live-in babysitter and can now buy a lovely new family home with the money from the house sale, while she looks miserable.

Another thing annoying about the ad - the house that’s being sold has Roman numerals on a plaque for the house number. Is this really a thing? Are some people that pretentious?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭jackboy

Yep, its all about the WILL, ole dear is obviously paying for the new gaff so they threw her a bone, also saving a few €€€€, just moving the old tat from the old house into "her" room

And there is the unspoken thing where they will be able to redecorate that room in a few years anyway.

• Advertisement

jackboy wrote: »
    And there is the unspoken thing where they will be able to redecorate that room in a few years anyway.

Wait until she needs a nursing home and there's no fair deal available because mammy sold her house.. It's a horrible Ad on so many levels, obviously cooked up by some young one who hasn't dealt with elderly parents yet and just sees them as cash cows...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Volvo have a new ad which has someone says the Google activation word. Annoys my nest everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Scrabbel

jpm4 wrote: »
    That ****ing virgin broadband ad, it's as if they deliberately made everything about it annoying as possible:

The mopey, depressing look on the woman's face.
    The awkward jigging along to the Dephece Mode song
    Irritating future scenarios
    It never seems to end
    Constantly asking "what about the future?" Nobody wants to think about the ****ing future for Christ's sake! The future means more bills followed by death.

Completely agree. There’s something really annoying about them portraying themselves as constantly improving when their customer service is a nightmare when you have a problem. It comes across as smug and self-satisfied.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Scrabbel

Elmo wrote: »
    Littlewoods
    Lidl
    Allianz

GAA ads are all the same add, the Allianz ad being by far the worst of the 3.

Allianz says "Fear V Courage and it starts as a level playing field "
    Lidl says "We played anyway... Until we level the playing field"
    Littlewoods "Style meets Substance ... more than sacrifice ... it substance here to stay"

The Allianz one is particularly in contrast to the fantastic video for the song that they use on it, Gosh by Jamie XX.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,889 ✭✭✭✭Basq

This Dominoes ad is brutal..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Scrabbel wrote: »
    Completely agree. There’s something really annoying about them portraying themselves as constantly improving when their customer service is a nightmare when you have a problem. It comes across as smug and self-satisfied.

At the rate that technology changes are we to assume every costume change is a year (or less) later.....WOW...they've aged badly....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Mac 3

At the rate that technology changes are we to assume every costume change is a year (or less) later.....WOW...they've aged badly....:rolleyes:

I have to pause that and forward past it when its on. Seems to be on every ad break. Along with the farmer and Liam....

But the POSITIVE bit is its a boi ad and baz whatshisface
    ISN'T IN IT

Must give Baz credit all the same for turning his hacking experience into an advertisement opportunity. Its not too unlike Bernie Ecclestone getting mugged for his Hublot and then getting an ad out of it :D Lemons into Lemonade

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1052263_battered-ecclestone-uses-bruised-mug-for-hublot-ad

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

What sort of twisted mind could come up with the 'eat them to defeat them' campaign.
    Telling your child that vegetables are evil and are trying to take over the world :confused: That'll really make them want to finish their dinner :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,758 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Crap idea but good adverts

Think the idea was stolen .....

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement