Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Dominos advert with that annoying bitch shouting No...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

That advert with the "rapping" toddler, christ. I'm sure it's cute or whatever if you have kids, but it's so irritating I have to instantly change channel when it comes on. Still have no idea what it's even advertising.

Is that the "Yolo" ad? Another one of those makeyuppy slogans. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I love Haribos - but, jeez, their ads featuring adults with kids' voices have gone on for far too long now...

The talking feet in the Mace ad. It makes me want to run and hide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

madmaggie wrote: »
    The talking feet in the Mace ad. It makes me want to run and hide.

Saw that tonight. What a ****ing weird advert. It would have freaked out Salvador Dali.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

That feckin Vodafone ad is doing my head in. 4 channels at the same time. I switched channels when it came on the first and it was on another 3. Don't know what it is that annoys me about it but it really makes me angry.

That Eir ad induces rage as well, but not to the same extent. Made free epic again? Yeah right, like people won't be paying through the nose for their service.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I've seen that Vodafone ad a lot with the sound down, every time I see it, I expect it to pan towards the corner and some person trying to escape some cruel contraption with everyone there laughing manically while they're being tortured.

I'm certain those twins will make an appearance in my next nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The new Heinz advert with the wife scoffing at the husband having a protein shake after a run. They're having their "protein hit" by eating beans. FFS, the two are no where near comparable.

"What's that you're talking cold and flu tablets? Sure we're dosing up too" <pours glass of flat7Up>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭robbiezero

"Roar on the Lions - ROAGBY" - I want to club that man to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Dominos advert with that annoying bitch shouting No...

Oh, I like her. Maybe I should put that in the "unusual people you fancy" thread...?
    Is that the "Yolo" ad? Another one of those makeyuppy slogans. :mad:

I think it's actually YOTO, You Only Toddle Once. It might have worked, if not for using a toddler the Nights Watch would keep on the other side of the wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The miller yoghurt ad with Nicole Sherzy, she just happens to run onto the track when the guys are racing, pure muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

The Bank of Ireland ad with the sandwich singing "Don't Stop Believin'" has surely run its course.

It's not even a nice-looking sandwich to begin with - nothing more than two slices of ham in white bread...

Ha ha ha Headbomz. Another makeyuppy yoke with an annoying jingle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Autosport wrote: »
    The miller yoghurt ad with Nicole Sherzy, she just happens to run onto the track when the guys are racing, pure muck.

I won't have a bad word said about that ad....it should be the only one on tv, shown on loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

That advert with the "rapping" toddler, christ. I'm sure it's cute or whatever if you have kids, but it's so irritating I have to instantly change channel when it comes on. Still have no idea what it's even advertising.

This right here. The most irritating and I've seen in a long time. Have to change channel every time it comes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

This right here. The most irritating and I've seen in a long time. Have to change channel every time it comes on.

I couldn't take it anymore and looked up the site via Google cache. (I wouldn't give them the views out of spite.)

It's an advice website for a website for the parents of toddlers.

For the parents of toddlers.

This campaign is aimed at people old enough to be parents.

The mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

The Bord Bia ad. That dudes accent kills me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

vampyre wrote: »
    I object to Lidl saying I should identify with at least one of their real people ads. Far from it, for the first time I feel ashamed to admit I shop there.

The latest ones of these is truly horrific stuff, especially the one with the young couple wondering which eggs are the best value. So utterly cringewirthy

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

Zonda999 wrote: »
    The latest ones of these is truly horrific stuff, especially the one with the young couple wondering which eggs are the best value. So utterly cringewirthy

I've never heard people talk like the people in these ads in any shop and having seen the egg ad earlier today cringe worthy it certainly is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

That new Bulmers house party ad....everything about it annoys me, especially the bearded Joan Burton lookalike laughing like a drain on the stairs.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

The itsforwomen ad. Using cuddly terms like caring, responsible, there for me. It's a financial institution. I notice ads aimed at men are sharper and sleeker. We women with our fluffy little heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

There's a special corner of hell for people who make perfume ads but the Gerard Butler 'Man of Today' shi*e has to be one of the most annoying, perhaps because of the frequency it is on

“I don't believe in less" - that means absolutely nothing Gerard.

The itsforwomen ad. Using cuddly terms like caring, responsible, there for me. It's a financial institution. I notice ads aimed at men are sharper and sleeker. We women with our fluffy little heads.

I don't think that's the primary problem of a company which is seeking to completely ignore a client based on their genitals in what is essentially a fairly generic all demographic product/service.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭valoren

The Sky Sports ad with Jim McGuinness.
    "The way to win the game, is to know the game"

Obviously bigging up the endless punditry that goes into analysing sport.

Winning the game means scoring more than the other team. That's it. Doesn't fly with Sky who need to fill time though.

It reminds me of the golfer Nick Faldo who approached 4 time US Open winner Ben Hogan and asked him what he needed to do to win the US Open. Faldo, a clinical, analytical type was fully expecting a complete breakdown on how to win, specific short game shots he needed to use, shot shapes for certain clubs etc etc. Hogan, one not to suffer fools, simply told him, "Shoot the lowest score".

So Jim, and Sky, to win the game, score more than them! :pac:

valoren wrote: »
    The Sky Sports ad with Jim McGuinness.
    "The way to win the game, is to know the game"

Obviously bigging up the endless punditry that goes into analysing sport.

Winning the game means scoring more than the other team. That's it. Doesn't fly with Sky who need to fill time though.

It reminds me of the golfer Nick Faldo who approached 4 time US Open winner Ben Hogan and asked him what he needed to do to win the US Open. Faldo, a clinical, analytical type was fully expecting a complete breakdown on how to win, specific short game shots he needed to use, shot shapes for certain clubs etc etc. Hogan, one not to suffer fools, simply told him, "Shoot the lowest score".

So Jim, and Sky, to win the game, score more than them! :pac:

To be fair Hogan was a similar mindset as Faldo, in fact in a desperate outpouring of frustration at his own struggles in that regard his wife responded with "aim nearer to the hole".....and that seemed to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Lemonposset

The Renault Kadjar ad. Why is there a cinema suspended on the side of a cliff? Is that a real place? Why do the patrons of the cinema cough and splutter when the car showers them with dust and then run outside to admire it? It reminds me of that Simpsons episode I'm covered in the dust of The Leader, he favours me!

The virtual reality Vodafone ad with that entire family (even the one in Australia or wherever he's Skyping from) laughing like hyenas at mammy, doing something daft no doubt, although we never get to see so it's utterly unfunny to the viewer. Like watching an inside joke. And the twin girls scare me a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Dreamy Leamy. Every single time I see it this ad drives me mental. What in the world is "the full on goslings". The teacher looks so rude and full of himself it's painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭valoren

The Renault Kadjar ad. Why is there a cinema suspended on the side of a cliff? Is that a real place? Why do the patrons of the cinema cough and splutter when the car showers them with dust and then run outside to admire it? It reminds me of that Simpsons episode I'm covered in the dust of The Leader, he favours me!

The virtual reality Vodafone ad with that entire family (even the one in Australia or wherever he's Skyping from) laughing like hyenas at mammy, doing something daft no doubt, although we never get to see so it's utterly unfunny to the viewer. Like watching an inside joke. And the twin girls scare me a bit.

It's the physics of it that pisses me off.

One of the twins, falls back and she throws her slice of pizza up in the air, in slow motion, at a 90 degree angle.

Then it cuts to what we can only assume is the same slice veering at a 45 degree angle towards their dog who then braces himself to bite on it and 'go viral'.

"I sure hope someone got fired for that blunder" ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

washiskin wrote: »
    That new Bulmers house party ad....everything about it annoys me, especially the bearded Joan Burton lookalike laughing like a drain on the stairs.....
    That bit in the middle with the middle aged man "dancing". Painfully close to home, that! Mind you; that ginger girl. Niiiiice!!

Advertisement