Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭elvis83

The Renault Kadjar ad. Why is there a cinema suspended on the side of a cliff? Is that a real place? Why do the patrons of the cinema cough and splutter when the car showers them with dust and then run outside to admire it? It reminds me of that Simpsons episode I'm covered in the dust of The Leader, he favours me!

The virtual reality Vodafone ad with that entire family (even the one in Australia or wherever he's Skyping from) laughing like hyenas at mammy, doing something daft no doubt, although we never get to see so it's utterly unfunny to the viewer. Like watching an inside joke. And the twin girls scare me a bit.

That Vodafone ad drives me insane. The red head lad that we see first who has the fakest smile ever put to film. What teenager has ever laughed like that at their mum embarrassing them.

And the desperate usage of tech terms, "go viral", "absolutely streaming". I hate you Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭donegal_man

The Febreze ads where the characters no longer notice the smell of their dog, sweaty socks etc. They've obviously developed some sort of serious neurological condition which is unlikely to be helped by disguising the fact that their olfactory sense is no longer functioning.
    There's also an ad on at the moment which features a ham sandwich turning into a mouth and beginning to sing. I have no idea what it's for as I change the channel as soon as it starts. Revolting!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,375 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

the McDonalds one I think with the teacher and the kid's mother....cringe

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

elvis83 wrote: »
    That Vodafone ad drives me insane. The red head lad that we see first who has the fakest smile ever put to film. What teenager has ever laughed like that at their mum embarrassing them.

And the desperate usage of tech terms, "go viral", "absolutely streaming". I hate you Vodafone

I hate that ad, they all look like there's something wrong with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

The Thornton chocolate ad with the sister sending 10 selfies to her brother with the chocolate to get him to come downstairs.

Apparently people under the age of 18 nowadays can only communicate through selfie texts like its some form of hieroglyphics for the undeveloped mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

That Orchard Thieves ad, with the footage being played in reverse. Packed with a load of 80's yuppie refugees.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Thank God this thread exists! :D
    The 3 advert has been doing my head in the past few weeks. 
    The guy talking keeps stretching the last word of every sentence :angry:, it is very annoying. I definitely despise it.
    If that is the way he talks in real life (i seriously doubt it), i would be cramming a teatowel down his throat within 5 seconds of meeting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭elvis83

erica74 wrote: »
    The Oral B ad with the patient in the dentist's chair saying

Yes. You. Did.

And how incredibly funny she finds it. Ugh.

Some new ad to the tune of "I wish it could be Christmas everyday". Bad enough to have to listen to that for 6 wks in Nov/Dec ):
    I have no idea what it's for - I was too busy scrambling for the remote to silence it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Blues_Rock

One ad that absolutely annoys me is the latest Muller yogurt. To be specific, while all their ads are stupid, this one seems to annoy me the most. In the ad, the woman exclaims "fat-free" upon hearing the narrator, which causes a ripped guy to hit a row of guys behind him with a pole in surprise upon hearing the woman........woman makes another exclamation....only this time he hits a different guy on the bottom with the pole in another surprised reaction to her exclamation ....which causes the guy who was hit to fall on the aforementioned bunch of felled athletes

It is just completely stupid, not that those ads were renowned for being anything but

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I've only seen the new Boots 'I wish it could be Summer Everyday' TV advert twice but I f**king despise it.

Boots - Feic off with your Christmas music in June :mad:

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

An awful cringey ad. JJ Delaneys line is painfully embarrassing too. Its such cliched nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Lemonposset

The dad in the Fairy rocket advert has the stone cold eyes of a killer

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

The dad in the Fairy rocket advert has the stone cold eyes of a killer

If I had that kid around, so would I.

I hope it's ok in this thread to mention an ad that I love, - it's the one for Pampers with the premature babies to the music of "Tell the world I'm comin'home". It really tugs at the heartstrings :) An example of good marketing and happy associations with the product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

inthehat wrote: »
    I hope it's ok in this thread to mention an ad that I love, - it's the one for Pampers with the premature babies to the music of "Tell the world I'm comin'home". It really tugs at the heartstrings :) An example of good marketing and happy associations with the product.

There *is* a thread for ads we like... :o:);)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057010966

• Registered Users Posts: 18,375 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

they better lose that McD Donegal ad soon , once or twice is a mild chuckle but its going to grate

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭DaithiMa

That ad where the bride is speeding off in the back of a car after leaving her unfortunate husband to be at the altar....He might have a car, he might have a career etc but he doesn't have you. Turns out it is an ad for Extra chewing gum! What is the connection there??

And they have another one with a girl about to take a penalty. Another total headscratcher. How does chewing gum relate to either of those situations? Absolute tripe.

Virtual reality night with Mammy.

I want to emigrate.

I wish Energia would bring back the cat and budgie now. The Hamster/Human lab-rat thing is not funny. I only hated the budgie and cat thing when I had budgies, they thought there was a bird inside the telly and would yell back at it. I gave them away over a year ago!

(And in case anyone is screaming welfare on me, I gave them to a guy with an aviary and I checked him out first, Drake died within weeks but that isn't my fault or the guy's, this stuff happens, but Cloud went on to claim himself a woman and had some chicks, and was there guiding the chicks when they left the nest!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭flazio

And the award for waaaayyyy too much information goes to.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

DaithiMa wrote:
    And they have another one with a girl about to take a penalty. Another total headscratcher. How does chewing gum relate to either of those situations? Absolute tripe.

Everything relates to feminism these days.

I wish Energia would bring back the cat and budgie now. The Hamster/Human lab-rat thing is not funny. I only hated the budgie and cat thing when I had budgies, they thought there was a bird inside the telly and would yell back at it. I gave them away over a year ago!

(And in case anyone is screaming welfare on me, I gave them to a guy with an aviary and I checked him out first, Drake died within weeks but that isn't my fault or the guy's, this stuff happens, but Cloud went on to claim himself a woman and had some chicks, and was there guiding the chicks when they left the nest!).
    :D

I love the hamsters tho - or are they guinea pigs??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That feckin Vodafone ad is doing my head in. 4 channels at the same time. I switched channels when it came on the first and it was on another 3. Don't know what it is that annoys me about it but it really makes me angry.

That Eir ad induces rage as well, but not to the same extent. Made free epic again? Yeah right, like people won't be paying through the nose for their service.

Why'd you get rid of them?

flazio wrote: »
    And the award for waaaayyyy too much information goes to.......

I know you wanted someone to say Hey! good point! and I felt sorry that no one liked your post.
    Thargor wrote: »
    Why'd you get rid of them?

Mainly because Yellow was my pet bird, but she was a hen and not really that personable. I had four birds and they were my flock. Yellow the hen was the only hen and the youngest. All my cock birds died one after the other. Marky was 12 or 13. I got two young cock budgies to keep Yellow company. I never did get that emotionally attacted to Cloud and Drake. After Yellow died (she died on my lap, was an emotional day!) then I reckoned the two boys would be better off and happier in an aviary. Cloud was a strong boy, Drake died. I still think I am responsibls for Drake's death.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

silverharp wrote: »
    the McDonalds one I think with the teacher and the kid's mother....cringe

ahhh poor auld "Dreamy Leamy", me heart bleeds for him, all those perverted leering horndog mothers thinking of him as nothing but a piece of meat and coming up with such a sickeningly sexist & offensive nickname. No wonder he has a big scowly head on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,346 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Sky's ad for the Lions tour. Featuring the line "being an All Black is in their blood. Being a lion is in ours".

Well considering one is cultural and harks back well before the colonists arrived (and is something New Zealanders are proud of), and the other is ceremonial title with no real historical background, it's kind of disrespectful to compare the two isn't it?

Stoopid sky with their over-dramatic advertising

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Probably already been nominated (if not, it should have been!). That Mace ad with the smiley heads imposed on people's heads. And they've slaughtered a seventies classic song to boot!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

blueser wrote: »
    Probably already been nominated (if not, it should have been!). That Mace ad with the smiley heads imposed on people's heads. And they've slaughtered a seventies classic song to boot!

I hate the way instead of the original artist the music is a whining vocalist murdering some classic track on so many ads. I sort of forgive the Flash ad because I'd love a doodle dog myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Bearded twats and wacky mammy Lidl ad. Die.

Advertisement