Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Sky's ad for the Lions tour. Featuring the line "being an All Black is in their blood. Being a lion is in ours".

Well considering one is cultural and harks back well before the colonists arrived (and is something New Zealanders are proud of), and the other is ceremonial title with no real historical background, it's kind of disrespectful to compare the two isn't it?

Stoopid sky with their over-dramatic advertising

Agreed-I wasn't aware that Large African cats had the slightest link to my heritage...but there ya go..thanks Sky for enlightening me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

James Nesbitt flogging Sky TV on, er, Sky. It may well be on other channels as well. But why are the flogging their product when you're watching it anyway? Plus, I find Nesbitt very irritating anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Aldi: everyday amazing, the ad with the granny playing football

Shoot me now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

"I sneeze. There goes my sensitive bladder."

Find myself looking differently at people who sneeze around me now. .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

blueser wrote: »
    James Nesbitt flogging Sky TV on, er, Sky. It may well be on other channels as well. But why are the flogging their product when you're watching it anyway? Plus, I find Nesbitt very irritating anyway.

Comes on with Virgin as well, since I don't think they have a way of swapping out the ads for the different content providers. (Plus they always want you to buy more from them, even if you are already a customer.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Didn't really despise it, but there is a bord gais ad with them watching football and I just could not figure out what relation the people were supposed to be to each other.
    Ad of the Week: Disappointed Dad – Bord G Energy Rewards – Publicis Dublin

The humorous 40-second TV ad features a father and his family watching a GAA match on the couch with his future son-in-law, who has failed to get him a ticket for the big hurling match. Sensing his not-too-subtle disappointment, the son-in-law is reminded that, if he’d been a member of the Bord G Energy Rewards Club he would have been able to secure the tickets to the big match and his future father-in-law’s eternal gratitude.

Him being the dad never crossed my mind, I wondered if they were brothers, or brothers in law. When I see it again the 2 women do look like they have a far bigger age gap than the guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The EBS mortgage ad. Has the Celtic Tiger come back to life?

That absolute tosser in the Avonmore ad sniggering because its raining back home and then his cringeworthy pose for the selfie with his wife.... I would just dip their head in a barrel of water similar to what Paddy Doherty wanted to do with Jedward.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    "Do I look like I have time for a head ache?"

Some guy selling food out of a van at a venue.

We have no time for his salmonella either :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,372 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

rubadub wrote: »
    Didn't really despise it, but there is a bord gais ad with them watching football and I just could not figure out what relation the people were supposed to be to each other.

Him being the dad never crossed my mind, I wondered if they were brothers, or brothers in law. When I see it again the 2 women do look like they have a far bigger age gap than the guys.

Its on my hate list, but I picked it up as a brother in law too

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Denis and Marie in the LIDL ad. I presume they're brother and sister. If I spoke to my sister like that she'd slap the head off me. Annoying little fecker.

Denis and Marie in the LIDL ad. I presume they're brother and sister. If I spoke to my sister like that she'd slap the head off me. Annoying little fecker.

Who the fúck reared them? And to think we once thought Jedwards parents had alot to answer for

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

A misogynist runt if ever there was one. I'd be ashamed if my sons were like that twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

That bank ad where they take out a bank loan for a kids treehouse. Not sure what bank it's for.

Some morketing yuppie got paid to come up with that..where are all these fools going to go when the next recession hits ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

deisemum wrote: »
    A misogynist runt if ever there was one. I'd be ashamed if my sons were like that twat.

The actor certainly acts like an irritating little shite but I do not see any misogyny in it whatsoever? if it was a younger brother he was speaking to the same way would you think he is a "misandrist runt"? seeing as either term does not necessarily meant they must be of a certain sex. Maybe I missed something...

If it was an older sister instead of him would she also be describing her as a "misogynist runt"
    Denis and Marie are siblings from Whitechurch, Cork. Denis is in 5th year, and Marie is in 1st year. They are from a family of five, with older sister Anna away at college during the week.

Their parents, Catherine and Paul like to give them responsibility, so they regularly help out with the weekly shopping.

Denis is a leader by nature, and this shines through, especially when helping out with their full shop! Marie has a bit of a sweet tooth, and happily chances her arm with sneaking treats in to the trolley while Denis isn’t looking…

Watch their Full Shop video today, and learn how you can save on your full shop at Lidl...AND ensure you get your almonds!

There is something so fake and contrived about those Lidl ads. The hipster dudes fake surprise when he is told how much a newborn shítes is one such case

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Your one with the brother and the sister going around is the worst, such a put-on act by the young fella, it's unreal!

blueser wrote: »

Oh my lord, I've seen this ad a few times now and all I want to do is leave sky and never have to endure those ads again. His voice just goes through my head. Aarrgghh!!!!!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Just saw that AIB "I am" ad. So they're equating being a muslim with being disabled?

• Advertisement

Just saw that AIB "I am" ad. So they're equating being a muslim with being disabled?

Not everyone in that ad has a disability! I get the impression it's supposed to be about perceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Anyone for the Boots ad that uses a Christmas song??????????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Every Lidl ad, such fooking cringe

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Not everyone in that ad has a disability! I get the impression it's supposed to be about perceptions.

Ok, was only half watching it. Saw from where they showed someone in a wheelchair followed by muslim girl then a deaf lad followed by a little girl with downs syndrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Lemonposset

darkdubh wrote: »
    Ok, was only half watching it. Saw from where they showed someone in a wheelchair followed by muslim girl then a deaf lad followed by a little girl with downs syndrome.

I have such a soft spot for that ad because the little girl's smile is just fab 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 82,709 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's not for AIB, it's for RTE, they must want to blow the 100 million fast they got for selling the lands...

AIB do the idiotic ads about Mick and Kates mortgage as if we gave a flying fúck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

It's not for AIB, it's for RTE, they must want to blow the 100 million fast they got for selling the lands...

Those ads are the biggest load of balls ever. I can see the do-gooder in marketing who came up with that one....probably the same people behind the Maltesers ads.

AIB do the idiotic ads about Mick and Kates mortgage as if we gave a flying fúck

But all the kids needed braces, all of them :D

Don't worry they wreck my head too and I don't want a tree house either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Koppaberg ad on Channel 4 earlier. Some hipster gobsh**e prancing around.

Advertisement