Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Is there a forum for Youtube Ads, it deserves one, often the same ad set is repeated throughout the week\month so if you watch an hour on YT you could easily be feed the exact same ad 5/6 times, so 6 time the M&M's ad with the mime guy or 6 times that dope with her Fairy Non Bio and the ol' click clack, hugely infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Yes I know they are Budweiser frogs. That was the point of my comment. That was the point of my mother telling me what she had encountered. In a few peoples heads they were Heineken frogs which they clearly were not.

Then Budweiser swapped the frogs for the Lizards which my mum really loved. "Louis, you are one sick lizard".

• Registered Users Posts: 86,081 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Billy "the dog" 48 mobile ad

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

The LinkedIn ad which acts as if the global economic outlook is still around 2010.

GAA clubs radio ad which played just before the radio 1 news at one:

'If you're not affiliated in any way with the GAA you should be thrown in the fire'

Sky glass tv ads - although would'nt recommend most any other working tv, I fully approve if you throw your own Sky glass tv into the nearest skip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

I suppose you could always stick four legs on it and make a coffee table out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭golondrinas

Dat Woke ad for women's soccer.

Which reduces it to the level of children's entertainment and messaging, something to distract little girls away from trivia and makeup. It seems man's soccer is for everyone, and all adults. When you look at the blokey girls swilling pints watching footie in the beer ads. Women's soccer? Primary schoolgirls. It's condescending in the extreme. The women at the top of this game, like their peers in other sports such as athletics and tennis, are as hard as nails. Watch the final of the womens Euros. That was not an exercise in getting silly little girls away from frivolity and the Karcrashians. It was hard-core professional sport. What twat makes these ads? They must spend their days on twatter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭squonk

I found that Heineken ad with the women heading to the pub chugging pints offensive. It really was Heineken jumping on the bandwagon like cnuts and of course women can’t do any better than just aping what ALL men do apparently. Actually they managed to offend both sexed I thought. It really occurred to me the stupid mixed messaging in advertising re alcohol aimed at women. On one hand if you’re watching Smother or similar you’re enjoying a white wind either by yourself or with the girls but when it’s watching women’s soccer sure you head down the pub and skull pints with the rest of the ladettes. Disgusting. Heineken would be better off using their ad budget to actually make their beer taste less like pisswater.

Apparently they market tested mock lagers using real piss, and horsepiss blend (ungelded male) came out on top. 🐎🍺

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,050 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

One for Coors (I think) with a bunch of annoying bellends riding on the back of CGI grizzly bears which unfortunately dont turn on them and rip them to shreds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,153 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Never liked this one 'the truth matters'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭Radio5

Mrs O'Driscoll and the Aldi ads are beginning to grate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭littlevillage

I thought the Supervalu triplets were CGI, but they're real. Appropriate, the price of a takeaway tea in supervalu has nearly tripled in a few short years. You could grab one for a euro once with your roll in rural SVs until Musgraves foisted the Rank & ConHeist franchise on the unwilling local SV owners.

Remember the wall to wall adverts on RTE for the Wimmin's Six Nations in April ish?

As soon as the tournament started and it became obvious that the Irish team were absolutely piss poor. The adverts and promotions stopped dead. I wonder will it be the same for the Wimmins World Cup of Soccer?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,981 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I can't stand the women's world cup ad and the "music" is headache inducing crud.

On a related note I just seen an ad for Charleen and Ellie's football fever. More tripe. I won't be watching any of that $#1T€.

Post edited by sligeach on

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Spin 1038

That Tesco Price Cut ad is very annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

You do know he's been the voice of Virgin Media for years here and McDonald's in the U.K?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The bad dad ads.

Cadbury's - ignores daughter completely

Vodafone - broadband as reliable as your philandering father

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭FlicFlak

Im getting sick of those Verisure alarm system ads. They look like they were made elsewhere and then dubbed over in Irish voices. Terrible ads!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I hate that Guinness ad (I think it's Guinness) where 5 or 6 friends are outside having a drink, and keep moving the table/bench they're sitting at, in order to stay in the sun. The ad isn't overly annoying but something about it gets to me (in a bad way). Maybe the music (Jolly Good Company - Alma Cogan) is partly to blame...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,050 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

I've been seeing this online rather than on tv. The one with that slogan "Shop like a billionare". No, I fecking well won't, unless ye want to give me a billion, and it won't be on whatever tat you're hawking.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,492 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Tbf the football team seemed to have actually played the game before so are considerably more advanced than the disgraceful joke of a rugby team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

The new Rockshore "Refreshingly Oirish" ad is grinding by balls. "oh lets make it great craic altogether and have a stereotypical orange faced lad with white teeth and a lad in a blue suit and typical curly headed lad oh the craic is mighty when you drink rockshore"

It's 7up like piss, but the ad is good. I nearly know it off by heart, always a success in the world of admen. I didn't know that Velcro wallets were a thing, must have missed that. Why is there a loud audio buzz in the last few frames? like unplugging a PA microphone live. Another subliminal mnemonic token perhaps. You couldn't be up to these guys. The blue suit guy btw, is, apparently, 'Rocko '.

"The spot, created by London agency M&C Saatchi, features Rockshore’s brand character (and protagonist) Rocko" .

You learn something new everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭irs

There was a tweet that went "viral" about 18 months ago where a woman from Waterford said she wore a red beret once and people were calling her Super Mario. I presumed that was where the idea for the Rockshore ad came from, particularly the "asked you where you finished in the Derby" line.

I wonder who is paying for the Wimmin's World Cup adverts?

Couldn't be RTE, as absolutely nobody is going to watch Wimmin's football at 9am in the morning.... soo advertisers must be literally scratching their chins wondering could they be bothered.

FAI haven't a metaphorical pot to piss in

Possibly the Government? ... some kind of equality wheeze, whilst people are sleeping on the streets and waiting for days in A&E departments... BINGO👍

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

You dont seem to understand how advertising works. RTE dont pay FOR ads. The brands pay for the ads. Cadbury is sponsoring the Womens team. So when you see a Cadbury ad they are paying for you to see the ad.

And by the way, thursdays game attracted 511,000 television viewers and 360,000 streaming users. So when you say no-one is going to watch it, its actually no-one plus 870,000.

• Advertisement

80,000 in the stadium for the opener. The standard is good too, plenty of gusto, could do with that from some of the feeble performances seen in recent CL pre qualifers. Rovers played like old wimmin, to borrow your term.

Advertisement