Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

Autosport wrote: »
    But all the kids needed braces, all of them :D

Don't worry they wreck my head too and I don't want a tree house either

Lisa needs braces! DENTAL PLAN!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,172 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

the how low can you sink ad is back on tv, so only guys drink and drive, also i seen one for go daddy not much despise but like why not set the laptop up so when you move your fingers over the mouse pad the screen moves that way. In the add the person moves fingers up over the mouse pad and the screen goes down

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

It's not for AIB, it's for RTE, they must want to blow the 100 million fast they got for selling the lands...

What condescending tosh. The creators must think everyone watching will be going. "An Asian girl who's a singer! Wha? I thought they all train to be mail order brides!" "A hippy wan who's an engineer!" Jesus H Christ what next?"

• Registered Users Posts: 24 aob9

Just suffered a full ad break on Nat Geo. I can safely say I despise ALL ADS now. They're all ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The Aldi ad where the woman throws the stick for the dog and it lands in the lake. I will now never shop in Aldi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Jijsaw wrote: »
    Your one with the brother and the sister going around is the worst, such a put-on act by the young fella, it's unreal!

Nah...the one with the ?mother going around with the two grown -up sons and pausing to question if they need a family pack of johnnies....creepy,weird and eh...downright dysfunctional truth be told..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

That Chivers Jam ad where yer man loses his keys. Just Fúck Off. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

That Chivers Jam ad where yer man loses his keys. Just Fúck Off. :(
    Not loike yor keys, Dod. Desperate pile of effluent. Also the Fairy "buttle" spaceship annoyance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Nah...the one with the ?mother going around with the two grown -up sons and pausing to question if they need a family pack of johnnies....creepy,weird and eh...downright dysfunctional truth be told..

Jaysus, haven't seen that one, sounds horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Hey broadband/mobile providers. Please tell your voice over twats that the word is 'Unlimited', not 'UNLIMIDED'. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Birneybau wrote: »
    Hey broadband/mobile providers. Please tell your voice over twats that the word is 'Unlimited', not 'UNLIMIDED'. Thanks
    thing is they are lying bastards as it is usually not unlimited -maybe they pronounce it wrong on purpose! "your honour we never ever uttered the word unlimited, the ad clearly says unlimided"

jojofizzio wrote: »

I find that ad creepy as well. Anyone addressing their mother as mother just reminds me of Bates Motel. The family pack of condoms bit is... too much.

I dislike the one with the two cork kids as well. I'm really hoping for a leaked version of it on line where you see the sister kicking your man in the shin.

I actually like the one with the older cork couple because it is completely believable. About 18 months ago Tesco was doing 2 for a tenner in dishwasher salt. We aren't even half through the first bag. What did she put on the shopping list last week? Moar feckin dishwasher salt. "Its on special offer".

That AA 'Rolling on the River' ad, as if i didnt despise that horrendous song enough having seen it butchered in pubs/clubs throughout the country, I now have to witness a cgi image of a baby singing it and the twat of an AA man making a show of himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

I find that ad creepy as well. Anyone addressing their mother as mother just reminds me of Bates Motel. The family pack of condoms bit is... too much.

I dislike the one with the two cork kids as well. I'm really hoping for a leaked version of it on line where you see the sister kicking your man in the shin.

I actually like the one with the older cork couple because it is completely believable. About 18 months ago Tesco was doing 2 for a tenner in dishwasher salt. We aren't even half through the first bag. What did she put on the shopping list last week? Moar feckin dishwasher salt. "Its on special offer".

I hate the bit where the mother is going "cofff-eeee". She probably thinks she's really zany and off the wall. The whole bunch of them come across as right pains.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 glovebox

I despise the TV Licence ads. My fookin dogs think it's someone at the door when the doorbell on the ad goes off.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭SNNUS

There is something so fake and contrived about those Lidl ads. The hipster dudes fake surprise when he is told how much a newborn shítes is one such case

And he calls her Pal???

Patww79 wrote: »

The neighbors dog is alive because he would always run out in front of the V40 and it would automatically stop and scare me as I couldn't see him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I think I've posted before about the Nationwide adverts and the individual poems. They keep adding more and more on, they're so smug.

The #thisgirlcan adverts have an incredibly annoying voiceover too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

booking dot com!
    booking dot yeaaaah!

booking dot I will find you and burn you alive in a shallow trench

The way he says those words does my head in. Is he the same breathless voice guy who does the three ads on the radio. He needs to be stopped.

edit as per Peter the Ninth on the radio ads hate thread, it's Emmet Kirwan. I hope he gets permanent laryngitis.
    That's Emmet Kirwan of the award winning "All Men Are B*stards" drivel that was forced down our throats on youtube a few months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,519 ✭✭✭caviardreams

That EBS mortgage jack of all trades/master of none one :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I hate the new Boots ad. That one painting her toes and stretching them freaks me out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

The Aldi ad where the woman throws the stick for the dog and it lands in the lake. I will now never shop in Aldi.

Something weird about her voice. She sounds dubbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

They're making fun of mortgages again! Beware

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

That bleeding Eir ad is getting on my tits lately. It's always on! It's the first ad that makes me reach for the mute button every time.

Mozerrlla buffalo cheese from cork

I despise this ad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

woejus wrote: »
    booking dot com!
    booking dot yeaaaah!

booking dot I will find you and burn you alive in a shallow trench

The way he says those words does my head in. Is he the same breathless voice guy who does the three ads on the radio. He needs to be stopped.

edit as per Peter the Ninth on the radio ads hate thread, it's Emmet Kirwan. I hope he gets permanent laryngitis.

Peter the Ninth is correct. Emmet Kirwan is a white knight who happily plays this all too common role of patronising certain groups of people while simultaneously also insulting other groups of people.

He's a bollox. Full of himself too...."poet".....**** off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭valoren

Mozerrlla buffalo cheese from cork

I despise this ad

Is it me or do they play the same ad twice during the same ad break on some channels? :confused:

As if once wasn't bad enough.

Advertisement