Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

I'd much rather smell the milf in the Eir Broadband ad. Big arse on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭blackvalley

The Allianz add where the gormless idiot manages to wring the head off the kitchen tap and spray water all over the place.

Oh and of course Allianz will provide an emergency service in the time it takes to eat a slice of toast. Yeah right.

FBD! It doesn't stand for Frugal Bin Dwellers. ("Ah a used condom!") Or Fierce Black Dietitian. ("Jaysus yer awful dark!") Or Flipping Burnt Donut. ("Ah you've burnt it again, Padraig, ya big bleedin' bollox!")

We stand for support. 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Ikeas, "Welcome to my crib, Let me show you what I've done with the place" ad

I hate everything about it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

Plumber came round the following Tuesday week. And anyway, who keeps a 12 inch King Dick adjustable wrench in their cutlery drawer ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭littlevillage

That's it. Plumber came around a week later when the kitchen is under a foot of water 🤿

Im reliably informed that there is another type of short film where if you “ call a plumber “ he will come quickly 😉 .

AND he will always have at least a 12” king dick amongst his kit

Depends on how big a breach you're trying to plug, you might get away with less than 12".

Definitely need the 12” . Particularly if he needs to go around the back and check the foul drains.

• Advertisement

The ice-skating BBW in the Always "periods have no chill" ad is my ideal woman. She's lovely. 💜

Re: the Electric Ireland ad with the young lad and the aul wan that looks like Helen Mirren. Did they change the woman's laugh in post-production? The cackle she lets out at the end doesn't seem as loud or harsh as I remember it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

After 2 years of torturing us with some of the most irritating ads ever broadcast, Heineken has already sh1tcanned Irelands Edge:

Heineken pulls Island’s Edge stout from Ireland - Just Drinks (just-drinks.com)

30 million spent on marketing down the drain.

Ah crap. They were selling it for €4 a pint, it was well worth it. I've a few cans in the press, should I keep them for ten years, they'll be worth a few grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

That giggly bits ad is another annoying headwreck ... who comes up with these bad ads? Those lotto ones, that current EBS one, that aw! Barry knitted dolls Rockshote yoke ... terrible all! ... and in the past that we had Orchard Thieves follow the fox ... No Nonsense nonsense ads! ... and we cannot forget that An Post alines/honours maths ad!! ...

Some ads seem to go on and on ... remember that busker ad for UPC with that imitation Ring of Fire song?? ... or that AIB ad last year with that Beatlesesque This Could Be Our Year?? .... those things end up in your head all week!! ... and not in a good way .... and can we ever forget Rachel and Steve/Steve and Rachel??!! ...

Do these ads do more harm than good for the products they advertise? ... They are all memorable but often in a negative way ....

Hardly surprising ... Guinness have that sown up and Beamish and Murphy's what is left ... Ireland's Edge was not all that different to Beamish .... nothing new just another generic stout ...

Another thing about advertising I do not like ..... is this pushing of vinyl albums ..... on TV shows like The Late Late Show .... I notice the last number of years anyone who performs on these shows the host produces a vinyl of their latest album .... for me I say good riddance to these fragile cumbersome antiquated yokes .... I collected a lot of Elvis and Charlie Rich vinyl but was very thankful for the CD versions when they came .... cannot understand why anyone would listen to vinyls (they are very much of their time) and why these yokes are pushed at us .... likewise the record shops are full of them ... imagine hawking 5-10 of them yokes down with you on a bus or train from Dublin?? ... CDs and even downloads (in moderation) were a move in the right direction, vinyls a step backwards ... I do not like how certain things that are inferior to the alternatives are pushed at us via ads and promos and vinyl tops this list .... someone has a lot of plastic byproduct to sell obviously !!!!

Christmas ads on the 1st November ffs, All of them. Constantly. For seven more weeks. I fking detest them. I note some homeowners removed all their Halloween tat and immediately replaced them with Xmas lights and rubbish. Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

This boils my blood as well, first days of November and Christmas stuff is everywhere. Was in Woodies & homestore yesterday and the shops are taken over with decorations and trees already. Christmas songs playing as well. Should be an outright ban on Christmas stuff till start of December.

All the same sheep looking to be the first with Christmas after taking their Halloween tat down yesterday. Lot of ads going with Happy Holidays and the holiday season....f off with that pc crap

😫 Agreed. Bah! Humbug! 🎅 💣 🦌

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭RoTelly

Versure alarms cinema ad

AJ ads here on boards.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Gamergurll

The new TkMaxx ad was on as I was scrolling and this thread popped up 😁 what's the point in putting a song in your ad and having to bleep out a word in the first few seconds? Maybe it's just me but it's annoying to listen to

What song? What word?

I had to actually sing it to remember the name lol, Missy Elliot 'Let me blow your mind', they bleep out the word asses

Poor donkeys, its not their fault they've become a symbol of or a prop in an annual religious festival. They obviously don't want to offend the snowflakes and twitorises who get inflamed on behalf of other cultures and religions, like the furore over the M&S ad where they threw Xmas party hats into the fireplace.

I used to wonder about that chant, 'lamb of God...', why wasn't it 'Ass of God..', I mean, he was in the stable too. And he'd be better able to take out all those aul sins of the world. Sure a lamb is only good for chops.

To be fair, the term "shake your asses" might offend the animal rights activists 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Even more adverts you despise..

Anything with Bazil "Baz" Ashmawy.

Cultural inclusivity box ticked.

What happened to the other lads from "How low can you go"?

The quare fella and the Kerry man.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,309 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

It was Eve and Gwen Stefani, not Missy Elliott. Songs about 22 years old now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Spin 1038

RTÉ 2fm has a new ad and it was so repetitive and I hate it (and I hate 2fm altogether)

Advertisement