Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭trashcan

Blues_Rock wrote: »
    One ad that absolutely annoys me is the latest Muller yogurt. To be specific, while all their ads are stupid, this one seems to annoy me the most. In the ad, the woman exclaims "fat-free" upon hearing the narrator, which causes a ripped guy to hit a row of guys behind him with a pole in surprise upon hearing the woman........woman makes another exclamation....only this time he hits a different guy on the bottom with the pole in another surprised reaction to her exclamation ....which causes the guy who was hit to fall on the aforementioned bunch of felled athletes

It is just completely stupid, not that those ads were renowned for being anything but

What was he supposed to be doing with the bloody pole in the first place ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Blues_Rock

Been mentioned already but it deserves another mention as it seriously grates on my when I hear it

The new Eir ad with the song "Anything You Can Do". The song is bad enough as it is, the that ad makes it even worse. I seriously can't stand it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭applehunter

Eir ad ticking all the diversity boxes to make a real terrible ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Nat West "We've already thought about that"

So did they think that the advert supports giving money to street beggars (probably on the streets as a result of having a Nat West bank account) and that it is OK to give your bank card to a random stranger you just picked up in a club?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Helenmcgeir

inthehat wrote: »
    I hope it's ok in this thread to mention an ad that I love, - it's the one for Pampers with the premature babies to the music of "Tell the world I'm comin'home". It really tugs at the heartstrings :) An example of good marketing and happy associations with the product.

My daughter from Donegal sings it chanele mc guinness x

• Advertisement

My daughter from Donegal sings it chanele mc guinness x
    Aww Helen - that's brilliant. I was wondering who the singer was - I knew it wasn't Skylar Grey's version. Chanele has a gorgeous voice - I'd say we'll be hearing a lot more of her :).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Just thinking of those AIB ads, with the insufferable Kate and Mick and now Maire. What are they trying to say? The above have just finished their mortgages, yes, but they got them fecking 30 to 40 years ago. Absolutely no relevance to the modern issue.

So, what's the point? Aspiration, sure. But unattainable for the vast majority.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Birneybau wrote: »
    Just thinking of those AIB ads, with the insufferable Kate and Mick and now Maire. What are they trying to say? The above have just finished their mortgages, yes, but they got them fecking 30 to 40 years ago. Absolutely no relevance to the modern issue.

So, what's the point? Aspiration, sure. But unattainable for the vast majority.

I concur..now they have one about getting a loan for a piano for a kid:rolleyes:.....here's an idea AIB...instead of paying out God knows how much of (taxpayers)money to fund this rubbish,how about putting it towards lowering interest rates for yer customers????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Been a while since I checked, but AIB (and KBC) have the lowest variable rate mortgage in the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Bord Gáis energy ads with the son in law and father in law, yer man has no interest in sport but is going to get tickets to get in the father in laws good books.

Get off my screen!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

1. That cow from the Trivago ad is back tallking crap about hotels again.

2. Another ad with a little girl singing in the back of a car, can't remember what this one or the other was for as it's never on for very long.

3. Nappies ad with the premature babies, it's humbling to see them so small and vulnerable but despicable manipulation in the name of selling nappies by one of the worlds largest corporations.

4. That Virgin Media ad with the cable guy "listening" to the cable and inside is a load of TV people having a race in various old cars. Get over yourselves, for all the channels on offer there is usually nothing but rubbish and ads on.

So many more, but that ought to hold me for a bit.

Autosport wrote: »
    Bord Gáis energy ads with the son in law and father in law, yer man has no interest in sport but is going to get tickets to get in the father in laws good books.

Get off my screen!!!!!!!

That's actually the only Bord Gais energy ad I can stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

I won't have you malign her... terrible ads, but she's lovely :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

If you hate her... then you'll absolutely despite Flo from the Progressive ads in the US. :o:D;)

If you hate her... then you'll absolutely despite Flo from the Progressive ads in the US. :o:D;)

An unusual fancy for me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Oh god no

2. Another ad with a little girl singing in the back of a car, can't remember what this one or the other was for as it's never on for very long.

First time around I thought that was quite a clever advert, by the forth or fifth time I hated it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭donegal_man

3. Nappies ad with the premature babies, it's humbling to see them so small and vulnerable but despicable manipulation in the name of selling nappies by one of the worlds largest corporations.

4. That Virgin Media ad with the cable guy "listening" to the cable and inside is a load of TV people having a race in various old cars. Get over yourselves, for all the channels on offer there is usually nothing but rubbish and ads on...................................................

Only just saw both of these for the first time tonight / this morning (working weird hours so not sure which it is). Couldn't agree more, especially about the nappy ad. Emotional manipulation of the worst kind. Shameful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Get off my screen!!!!!!!
    Because the girlfriend who doesnt say anything is stunning, Id just buy the tickets from a scalper to keep her auld lad happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

The new Eir ad ends with "let's make possible"...... whaaat???!? What does that even mean!!!? Or have I imagined it?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

laylag wrote: »
    The new Eir ad ends with "let's make possible"...... whaaat???!? What does that even mean!!!? Or have I imagined it?!

all of that nonsense really grinds my gears

Backing Brave...etc, usually delivered by a voiceover artist who sounds like they're squeezing out a poo whilst saying it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,372 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I have to switch channel now when I see the, "did you get those tickets?" advert

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,346 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

That Lotto ad of the lad who buys an island for Ireland that seems to be on constant loop, albeit with different iterations now and again.

Imagine winning 17m in the lotto and deciding to spend your money on that? I go on holiday to get AWAY from Ireland and our "hilarious idiosyncrasies". A paradise resort for the Irish would literally be living hell.

And the worst investment since Springfield stumped up for the Monorail that time

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Get off my screen!!!!!!!

I love that one. The look on the mother's face as dad sticks the knife in is priceless.

I have to say I think we are going through a really bad patch ad wise. There are so many irritating ads on at the moment.

I long for the days when Eir's ad was that Irish song. Their current ad is rage inducing.

"I wish it could be summer all the time" is another one which really annoys me. You know that bit at the start of Love Actually, where yer man keeps missinging the words of "Christmas is all around you" because as he puts it, "Its just because I know the original so well". I walked into Aldi the other day and caught myself singing "I wish it could be Christmas everyday" to myself. In feckin july.

Every morning when I open my twitter feed, the third tweet down is a promoted ad from AIB telling me today is the day Marie paid off her mortgage. I then look in my piggybank and think, great, only another 19,999 euros to go before I can get the deposit for my mortgage. When that day finally comes along, I won't be going to visit AIB.

The subway ad annoys me as well. Get up, shower, tame frizzy hair, fake laugh, SALAD! Shock horror shes having a salad for her lunch. Its a slight improvement on their previous ad, with the gombeen who is trying to get the guts together to order something different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

That Lotto ad of the lad who buys an island for Ireland that seems to be on constant loop, albeit with different iterations now and again.

Imagine winning 17m in the lotto and deciding to spend your money on that? I go on holiday to get AWAY from Ireland and our "hilarious idiosyncrasies". A paradise resort for the Irish would literally be living hell.

And the worst investment since Springfield stumped up for the Monorail that time

:o:D:);)

Here's another rotten Andrex ad. Seriously, the puppy is supposed to be the star of the show, not these brats... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

That ad with the security guard turning off the lights, feckin' infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Does anyone else find the guy's voice on the Three ads very annoying? He has this sort of high-toned, slightly sing-song delivery that's hard to describe but which sounds totally put on. And he pronounces numbers with that put-on vaguely American pronunciation, e.g "thirdy euros".

I haven't laid eyes on him, but I just know he has an annoying hiptster beard! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Does anyone know how Trivago works?.... 😡

• Advertisement

Here's another rotten Andrex ad. Seriously, the puppy is supposed to be the star of the show, not these brats... :rolleyes:

Whenever I see that add I think to myself "As daft as wiping you bum with a puppy" - maybe thats why the puppy isn't the star?

Advertisement