Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Mac 3

Please God get that dairy gold add off. Sh1t cgi and that annoying song.

Lynx ad can fook right off too.

Baz and his climate thing is just cringe.

The Toyota ad. Cartoon people advertising hybrids and lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

It's meant to be an attack on Orchard Thieves cider, which is, for almost anyone who ever tasted it, too sweet. Rockshore cider isn't much better, unfortunately.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I get the feeling that Aldi ad was made to piss off vegans.

Also the way it's worded is so stupid what's wrong with saying 'I've been told to let our steaks speak for themselves'

• Registered Users Posts: 86,117 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How long has David Beckham been doing ads for Ali Express

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Recently.

He’d front an ad campaign to encourage drought & famine if he was offered enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Arrgh that stupid seatbelt Ad is back😡 and that numpty in the lighthouse going for a walk has been dug up by VF again… Beam me up Scotty😏

• Registered Users Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭deezell

Haha, I actually like the numpty's older brother, a kind of Ross O' Carroll Kelly protégé, who barges in yelling at what has to be a schools rugby final or the like. Ideal role model for the target audience, not the dweeb in the school uniform 😷 .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,140 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Anything that pisses off holier than thou vegans is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Kilteragh

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

YES!

It's been wrecking my head the last few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

that ad where the bloke is telling the pair of guards that “it’s not a croime”to threaten to publish images his former bird sent him is back….its even more irritating when posh boy tries to tell them what’s what “as gaeilge”😏🙄😡

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭squonk

What’s with that “Everyone is welcome” or some such soccer ad that’s played during the breaks in the euro matches on RTE player? There’s some kid cutting the pitch grass with a scissors and a small bucket for the grass! WTF like??

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Photobox

The 'brother' in the baseball hat in the light house still looks about 40.

Can that IKEA ad just f*ck off now.

Newest ad for Santa Rita 120. Its a decent budget wine, fairly big taste so I'd expect an ad that might play to its strengths, but no, you should buy 120 because some obscure historical lady of the Manor hid 100 asylum seekers in their wine cellar (or was it 120 refugees, or they were there for 120 days or something?) Fk knows, as Duffer would say, because when the punchline came I was completely lost as to why a very modern looking woman was striding confidently past the camera dressed in an ugly 19th century dress, while some cretin was excitedly explaining how this somehow was a reason to drink SR 120. More a reason to pour it down the sink, if everytime I'd pour it I'd have that fking ad ringing in my head. Get the fk out of here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I dont know if its on the tv (dont watch) but it comes up as a YT advert , Glenveigh homes and its about a family moving to a new estate, gets annoying and it seems funny guessing the casting choices "I need 2 concerned parents, a nerdy kid who looks like they are on the spectrum and it goes from there lol

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Archeron

Just how many times in an average day does Vogue Williams stop and smell herself in slow motion?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭squonk

is that ad back? I’ve seen a few bad Glenveigh ads and, even if the ads did were stellar I’d still be annoyed because ads and airtime don’t come for free so ultimately house purchases are covering the cost which means the already heavily pushed house buyer is ponying up some of the cost factored into the already steep price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

He looks a bit off in the ad, gives an uncanny valley type vibe.

🙈🙉🙊

Remember when England brought him to the SA world cup in 2010, as a mascot/talisman thingy, and he sat there on the bench grinning in a designer suit, as camera bait. The Guardian back then filleted the FA with this scathing piece;

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2010/mar/18/david-beckham-24th-man-england

At least Ronaldo is actually on the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

an "anti ad" advert fot Norway

https://x.com/BrentToderian/status/1805708649446490343

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Lucky Cow bingo, just fúck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,051 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Post edited by Hangdogroad on

There's no getting away from the twit. I was just ordering a few sleeves of my favourite Nespressos, and this pops up on the home page. Added vitamin B12. What's that for, to help the pooftah keep it up? Appropriately in a pink capsule.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,270 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Arguably coca-cola need to advertise so people don't switch over to Pepsi(which is nicer in my opinion). Who does not need to advertise? Companies selling houses. In a country with a massive accomodation shortage, all you need to sell some houses is list them for sale. Advertising them is as pointless as an advert for RTE on RTE One. Why the flip are you advertising it to me when I'm already watching the flipping thing??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Not TV advertising, but can anyone explain to me the value of the home of Limerick GAA, the Gaelic Grounds having its naming rights being taken by a 3rd level college, TUS Gaelic Grounds.

What leaving cert student filling in their CAO form ever decided to pick a college based on its name being attached to a stadium?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,270 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Of a similar ilk, I moved abroad 15 years ago this week. The reason I was moving was because the country was broke and not even McDonalds was hiring. A few weeks previously UCD had presented Skateboarding extraordinaire Tony Hawk with the James Joyce award. Presumeably paid for his flights and put him up in the Four Seasons. There is a thread on it here:

Now I like Tony Hawk, I have all his games, but who in their right minds thinks giving him that award is going to encourage anyone to attend UCD??

Likewise with your post who the hell thinks naming a stadium after a college is going to influence potential students?

I use 3 for my broadband. Did I choose 3 because they sponsor the arena? No, I chose them because they had the best deal going at the time that I was looking for a provider. People will be choosing TUS(or not) based on how many points they get in the Leaving Cert.

They might be completely aware and experienced of the Gaelic grounds, whereas they may have scant knowledge of third level institutions in general, so when they start looking at courses, they See TUS and think, 'oh, so thats the place on the stadium, and happy associations of Limerick hurling wins get merged with their perception of TUS. It's just a version of bikini clad girls on the bonnet of a car, except they're hairy men and have sticks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Acosta

Vodafone bringing back the lighthouse ad 2 or 3 years late. Just f*** off!

Advertisement