Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Lemonposset

The Virgin Media Ireland ad where the installer says OK let's just see if everything is working. Behind door no.1 is a boy, about 10, watching Band of Brothers-esque war drama. Mum & installer delighted with quality.

Behind door no.2 is dad, watching tv in the dark alone, scaring the bejasus out of himself. Useless fecker couldn't even mind the kids for half an hour while mum delt with this installer who has come round at this hour of the night. He's oblivious to his son next door but he'll know all about it tonight when he wakes screaming about Easy Company.

And where is the daughter? She's getting a lap dance in the kitchen. Her love for her mother is plain despite the obnoxious smirk on her face.

JOIN NOW and your family could be just like this one! Yaaaaaaay!

The skin cancer "skintervention" ad annoys me for one key thing. They say its important to check your skin but they never say what you are meant to be checking for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

That Eir advert is like pure poison - I can't even just mute it now but have to instantly change channel. Did somebody actually get paid to come up with that scutter?

Also FYI Eir - anything you can do is always done exceptionally better by your competitors, you absolute ****ing jokeshop.

I can't stand that ad, I just have to mute it or change the channel straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

my3cents wrote: »
    I think you missed the point, the guy with the girl isn't in a Corsa he's in an old Volvo. His mates are in the Corsa thats why they know the password.

Just so you can check.....
    Is it free internet from Vauxhall? Or do you need to get a contract and simcard for your car? If the latter why would I bother when my I could just tell my phone to turn on its hotspot when I drop it in its charging cradle in the car...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

The latest extremely overwrought, sentimental, life reaffirming Tesco ad. Who knew grocery shopping could be so deep and meaningful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,149 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The latest extremely overwrought, sentimental, life reaffirming Tesco ad. Who knew grocery shopping could be so deep and meaningful.

Makes a welcome change from "Cabbage only twenty five cent"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

I just feel the Tesco ads are so "off-point"...that's not even a word..it's more like an ad for a cancer charity than a supermarket...shades of their Christmas ads where people wrote sentimental letters that sounded full of regret ...to people that were actually still alive...the ads just seems completely unrelated to what they are...a supermarket....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

pyjama mamas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

There are x amount of women in the world, no 2 are the same so why should their period be the same? Well, sanitary product company, in your world no woman over 40 has a period. In fact, women over 40 only suffer incontinence, according to you.:mad:

washiskin wrote: »
    There are x amount of women in the world, no 2 are the same so why should their period be the same? Well, sanitary product company, in your world no woman over 40 has a period. In fact, women over 40 only suffer incontinence, according to you.:mad:

and blood is a blue liquid...

• Advertisement

"I didn't even know Oral-B made a toothpaste"

Yeah, Right. And 9 out of 10 cats prefer dunnes stores own brand cat food.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

An ad where some glossy legged woman tries to explain why you need 4 different types of razor depending on the occasion

'for on the go you..' etc - why? why? and thrice why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

That ad really is stupid.
    Haven't they been making toothpaste since before the 80s??

The pitch of the spectacled kids yelp right at the beginning of the latest milky bar ad, pierces my ear drum all the way to the depths of my cranium.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

What if you don't have any family? Are they saying you're not our type of customer, Feck off you sad person.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

"filling that silly wagon with cake" -annoys me just since its such a rip off of the recent "Dreamy Leamy" mcdonalds advert with a similar young girl blurting out stuff causing embarrassment. I do like the kid using the term "wagon" though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

That Nationwide Building Society ad, where the bloke is rattling off a long list of impulse buys. Exceedingly irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭trashcan

rubadub wrote: »
    "filling that silly wagon with cake" -annoys me just since its such a rip off of the recent "Dreamy Leamy" mcdonalds advert with a similar young girl blurting out stuff causing embarrassment. I do like the kid using the term "wagon" though!

In fairness it's a step up from the "did you get them tickets" effort. The kid is good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Oh my Odin, those Addresspal ads with the high pitched squealing are annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

The Topaz Miles ad. The bum-bum-bum humming along with the dinging bell sound in background is grating. Its even worse on the radio version.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

The one about family being everything or something like that?

The one about family being everything or something like that?

Thats the one, awful tripe.

Congratulations An Post for creating the most irritating ad on television. As a result I will never ever use your service.

Just saw that ad, wtf did she think Oral B did?

Obv Oral B did research and found younger women didn't know Oral B made it, but I find it incredulous

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The poor woman with the sensitive "bladdah". I'd be more worried about the purple wee she has in that glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Just seen (and heard) the An Post ad with the screaming child. Holy jaysus. Who thought that was a good idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,249 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Congratulations An Post for creating the most irritating ad on television. As a result I will never ever use your service.
    Just seen (and heard) the An Post ad with the screaming child. Holy jaysus. Who thought that was a good idea?

I went looking for this thread to post about this ad.

It's cute as we can see the kids clearly excited but it's absolutely awful, goes on WAY too long and to the point where I have to mute the TV everytime it comes on now

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

Mother was watching The Chase so for the first time I saw the atrocious An Post and Tesco ads. I cannot find words to express how awful (and in the case of Tesco almost insulting) they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭bobbyss

The delight of a present stolen by the screams. Was there someone in the background not paying any attention? What ad agency thought this was a good idea? How much were they paid? It's more than a bit off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

bobbyss wrote: »
    The delight of a present stolen by the screams. Was there someone in the background not paying any attention? What ad agency thought this was a good idea? How much were they paid? It's more than a bit off.

I know this is the "ads you hate" thread, but I absolutely love that one, so the agency were on the nose for some people...!

The sheer delight in the child's face and in voice makes me smile every time I hear that ad. That kid's day is made.

Advertisement