Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Never behind the door with awful ads for their own programmes, RTE decided that the cringy dialogue ads between presenters Jacqui Hurley and Des Cahill for both Up for the Match programmes were so good that they've now repeated the dose for Rose of Tralee with the arguably more unbearable Daithi O'Se and Kathryn Thomas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,434 ✭✭✭squonk

Jesus is anyone even watching The Lovely Girls Competition at this stage? It seems it gets even more outdated each year. Time drew a line under Housewife Of The Year. It’s time the Roses went tge same way. Covid was a great opportunity to ditch this fir once and for all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,052 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Even as a Cher fan, her U ad is cringey think also doing Hayu ad too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭bobbyss

I am sure this has been posted before I am not sure.

The ad on TV where the young fella is on his mobile and he gets a call from his girlfriend 'Do you want to go for a walk?. He is in a lighthouse. But just before that it looks like his brother barges into his room and shouts out something inexplicable (and for no good reason either) . Annoys the hell out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

Oh God Scanlon is back with another Verisure ad. Kill me now :(

• Advertisement

Would the parents in the Glenveigh ad ever please lock their bastard spawn fùcknut Bobby in the shed and forget about him?? The ad is pure crap and the parents are delighted with their fantasy nerd loner kid instead of wondering if they should maybe take him to a therapist or psychologist or whatever. On another note the ad is complete horseshít as it looks like the house is fully finished, the landscapers have been in and it’s all spock and spam, basically where a real homebuyer will be in 3-5 years in the current environment. Fúck off glenveigh. People are queueing up round the block for any houses going. You don’t need to advertise your overpriced, cheaply built, tiny gardened shíte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

What I dont understand is, why is the kid wearing his coat in the house but takes it off to go out and play with his new friends??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭deezell

It's a kid with acute anxiety. This I also know well unfortunately. Sitting in school with coat on and hood up. Taking the coat off in the presences of strangers or in a strange place is a major positive. New home being 'strange might trigger it.

Well surely I shouldnt need to be an amateur psychologist to decode that sub-theme in a very short advert.

Agreed. Most casual viewers won’t get this I feel. It also has fúck all to do with a new house. I’m a bit mystified as were it an HSE PSA ad where a good environment is good for anxiety it makes sense but these lads are selling houses and, if my experience with builders is anything to go by, don’t give a toss as soon as the cheque is handed over. You could be living next door to drug dealing, pimping hustlers and they won’t care as they’ve moved into the next project while doing as little as they can to address snag items.

Post edited by squonk on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

Look at me, i can make ten facial expressions at the same time.

Yes, it's unsavoury virtue signalling by a mercenary developer. They'd flog the 20 across the street to an agency in a heartbeat, then the co. council could move all their dysfunctional tenants across the road in front of your €450k investment. 3 yesrs ago the developer of my son's new house tried to flog the remaining 120 to the a pension fund for lease to the co. council after extracting top bucks from the first 20 private buyers. It was all over the news, private buyers had deposits returned. Huge pressure later the council pulled out. Now just 24 are the mandatory social/affordable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

I thought it was bad when the soft gentle giggly Fairy baby grew up and bought a motorbike, got a Mohican and started talking like an eastenders character.

But what they've done to the cushelle koala is much, much worse.

It apoears he's grown up to now hide in bathrooms and spy on women on the toilet who are taking a private moment to look at certain tv shows on their phone.

Her scream when she spots him lurking in the corner is probably meant to add humour, but just bigly adds to the pervobear vibe.

had to look that up. Durty fúcker! He looks like he has a good sniff of the seat after too.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Tge Fair City ad at the moment is getting very annoying. I actually didn’t realise it was for fair city when I saw it first. The music in the background made it feel like a comedy and the acting similarly. I don’t think anyone will be winning Emmys on Fair Ciry anytime soon! It’s funny, it lined like a good comedy lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,365 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I heard a radio advert yesterday for Lidl, "we will make a tray of food and have a picky night, a picky night, we will have a picky night" 😡 I hate it already. If she said picky once it would be annoying but 3 times or what sounded like 3 times, such a $hit unfunny advert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

I just seen the perv toilet paper bear ad. Ffs! The accent is a real Eton old boy job. An anti ad, you'd cringe as you reach into the bog roll shelf, and pick as far from their brand as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭RoTelly

Rose of Tralee and Up For The Match promos.

I have never see such tripe.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Advertisement

Rose of Tralee and Up For The Match Programmes.

I have never seen such tripe since they started, so the promos are consistent with the offering!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,431 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

yeh not sure why they are trying to dress it up as anything except "you want your money back, better bring back those bottles and cans"

They should have used money money money by Abba. Better tune anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

+1,seems to have come from UK insta huns with their picky bits (basically bowls of frozen processed crap and 'charcuterie') instead of a traditional dinner. I turn the radio off for this one.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

If my TV screams "I'VE GOT THE POWER!!" at me one more time, it's going out the window!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭optogirl

gave me the absolute rage yesterday too. Painful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I had a falling out with a friend over that song in 1990. We had just finished the Leaving Cert, I hated the song, but he'd insist on doing the sound before "I'VE GOT THE POWER!!" in my face so I overreacted and didn't speak to him for 2 months, meaning that I missed going to a Pixies gig in the National Stadium.

I still regret missing that gig…and I am traumatised by that Tesco ad every time it comes on the telly. Again and again…😠

You'd forget that it's not an ad but a rubbish song from the past, which has no right to be revived, ever. Isn't that a form of torture used by the CIA and the likes, lock up people with the same song on repeat, something like 'Tie a yellow ribbon' or other jail based dirge. We could cite Tesco for torture.

Your trauma is real, and I can tell you, will pursue you into old age. I have a terrible urge to piss on the neat line of graves of the sadist nuns who beat me with sticks, starting in junior infants at 4 years of age. The c***s were transplanted from their own enclosed plot when the convent was sold for millions, and moved to our local cemetery, very close to my best friends plot. I visit him often, and having to pass the roll call of their names, including ancient ones who ill treated my mother, can fill me with rage. It gets into your head like a lot of unresolved stuff from the past.

I'll blast out ' Death to the Pixies' while in the car for you, my modern way of dealing with bad karma. The nuns and their like are welcome to their superstition and whimpering prayers, and Tesco can go fk themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

The new Guinness ad about the soccer team of Eriskay.

Another of the "guinness the drink of the people adverts" where they try to latch on to something nice and wholesome and attach their grubby product to if as if they're the reason the team exists .

Also even though I don't drink it pisses me off no end when Guinness is referred to as "Beer", my father and grandfather always called it stout (which is what it is) but it is now only referred to as beer by Guinness/Diageo themselves, just more globalist pandering nonsense and trying to youthify a traditional product.

Advertisement