Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

bobbyss wrote:
    The delight of a present stolen by the screams. Was there someone in the background not paying any attention? What ad agency thought this was a good idea? How much were they paid? It's more than a bit off.

Whoever created that ad should be locked into a room with that ad playing on constant loop for 24 hours. Ideally with an hangover.

DivingDuck wrote: »
    I know this is the "ads you hate" thread, but I absolutely love that one, so the agency were on the nose for some people...!

The sheer delight in the child's face and in voice makes me smile every time I hear that ad. That kid's day is made.

So the ad makers love it, and you love it. However thats a pretty small minority group.

Its been quite a while since an ad has been on the TV that is so annoying that it gets muted everytime it comes on TV in our house. Thats the real achievement by An Posts ad department.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

So the ad makers love it, and you love it. However thats a pretty small minority group.

Its been quite a while since an ad has been on the TV that is so annoying that it gets muted everytime it comes on TV in our house. Thats the real achievement by An Posts ad department.

Not that An Post or anyone but me will be bothered but it actually seemed to hurt rather than just annoy one of my dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I went looking for this thread to post about this ad.

It's cute as we can see the kids clearly excited but it's absolutely awful, goes on WAY too long and to the point where I have to mute the TV everytime it comes on now

Agreed. That ad with the child shrieking goes through my head.
    I have to mute the tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The Lidl ads showing the people shopping

Bunch of annoying twits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Just seen (and heard) the An Post ad with the screaming child. Holy jaysus. Who thought that was a good idea?

I feel like my ears are going to bleed when I hear it, have to mute the TV now while it's on. God as much as I love kids that little one does my head in. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

That shagging house party Bulmers ad. 100% does my head in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

"Can I have Apple Music too!"

I wish Kevin Bacon would let go of the headphones so they slap the guy around the ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

2 Bad, 1 Good.

Bad:The latest VHI ad with the sick teacher, so incredibly irritating and sooo looonnggg!

Bad:The screaming kid, 4 times is 4 times too many. Defcon 1 on the remote control.

Good:The Samsung S7 (maybe S8) ad, Across the Universe and the reflection of the northern lights in the babbys eyes, gets me everytime.

ollaetta wrote: »

I got home at 7pm its now 10 to 10. I have easily seen that ad 7 times this evening. It really starts to wear thin.

And speaking as someone who cannot dance, the "pretty sure he's at the wrong party" guy dance is painful to watch. He's basically jogging on the spot. Whats more it looks like they had him jog on the spot all day of filming and he's now knackered from it. The bizarre lyrics in the song don't help either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Lemonposset

I know this is a place for moaning about ads but I love these 2:

Sinead Kane's ad for Allianz. Go the Distance is my favourite Disney song & Iove the arrangement in this ad. Also, Sinead Kane is some woman!

The Aldi Mamia nappies ad with all the pooping babies, just brilliant!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

There's another An Post ad with a teenage girl who looks like she's having an epileptic fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,346 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I had the telly on in the background last night when I was on the laptop and that an post ad with the screeching little girl came on.

I genuinely thought it was a wise-cracking parrot getting attacked by a cat or something. Truly awful (and potentially mortifying for the child in question in years to come).

As for that "family" ad by Tesco, I find it a bit in-your-face to those that maybe can't have kids or are estranged from their family or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

As for that "family" ad by Tesco, I find it a bit in-your-face to those that maybe can't have kids or are estranged from their family or whatever.

The bit that really really annoys me is when the voiceover bit just says "Tupperware". Not in a sentence. Just a random word.
    The whole as annoys me. Not everyone has a loving family or is close to their relatives. It's awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Schweppes..... Amateurs :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

F*ck me. I just saw that Tesco ad.

I will never, ever set foot in a Tesco ever again.

They've been acting the pr*ck with their Christmas ads for years trying to tug on the heart strings they have no right to and have nothing to do with.

But this sh*t? Family? The only time Tesco is ever mentioned in my family is when my brother goes on a rant about how they have a policy of actively trying to force small retailers - family businesses - out of business in our small towns.

So take your awful stomach churning contrived bullsh*t and shove it up yer holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

That Eir advert is like pure poison - I can't even just mute it now but have to instantly change channel. Did somebody actually get paid to come up with that scutter?

Also FYI Eir - anything you can do is always done exceptionally better by your competitors, you absolute ****ing jokeshop.

So true. It is the worst. And its constantly on.The song/catchphrase is beyond annoying, the people in it are a collection of cretins and whats the story with that creepy looking robot thing with the ears your man has?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Its supposed to look like Yoda from Star Wars with the stereotypical overweight,"comic book guy", nerd operating it. Typical cynical marketing trying to include every cross section of society in 30 seconds.

Ol' Donie wrote: »

So take your awful stomach churning contrived bullsh*t and shove it up yer holes.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

I am a dancer, I am a football player, I am a.....whatever, can't stand it, the big weird heads on them all. Big cheesy grin on the last guy with all the tattoos. Lord God above.

Also, the babies taking a dump in their nappies with that opera music for Aldi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,135 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I am sure it was mentioned but its a long thread and I didnt find it .The ads for Haribo with adults talking in little kids voices actually grates on my last nerve .I have to immediately mute them and turn away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I am sure it was mentioned but its a long thread and I didnt find it .The ads for Haribo with adults talking in little kids voices actually grates on my last nerve .I have to immediately mute them and turn away

That ad drives me bloody bonkers I hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The screaming an post kid one has 11 dislikes and 4 likes, no doubt the marketing company and the kids parents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKdvr1l8KDg

They have ad of the week on this site, lots of ones here appear on it.

http://www.adworld.ie/category/campaigns/ad-of-the-week/

I wondered if the "chips curry" ferroro rocher ad would be allowed, as its such a copy, or if they have to pay royalites or something.

I saw loads facebook moaning about them calling it "chips curry" instead of curry chips, I think the joke is lost on many.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I actually like it :o - especially the big burly lad who says he feels like a "pwincess".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Im still flabbergasted that the Vipoo ad isnt a parody. Was convinced it was a windup the first time I saw it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Im still flabbergasted that the Vipoo ad isnt a parody. Was convinced it was a windup the first time I saw it.

A product that created quite a sh!t storm in the industry and if you want to see an even worse ad for a similar product follow the link https://www.dallasnews.com/business/business/2016/03/09/dallas-based-poo-pourri-sues-after-sniffing-out-v-i-poo-similarities .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I thought they were taking the piss...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

ollaetta wrote: »

Another poor attempt from Bulmers, trying to copy Orchard Thieves I guess in promoting themselves as hip and cool. Cider ads should show flagons being consumed by people with incoherent accents arguing over cigarettes down by the canal in conjunction with the other demographic of beautiful people consuming pint bottles during sun filled days spent in beer gardens or at super cool house parties etc. Is cider suddenly the new champagne?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,346 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

That new Vodafone ad with Elvis preaching to the masses is the creepiest ad I have ever seen.

Don't even know what it's advertising but it's bad

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

That new Vodafone ad with Elvis preaching to the masses is the creepiest ad I have ever seen.

Don't even know what it's advertising but it's bad

I was just going to mention that. If there's one comedy /whatever trope that's been done to fecking death it's Elvis related kitch. Yeah he got fat and wore awful outfits in his final years, we know.

Advertisement