Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

The new Tesco ads. They are all about family & how they make us better.

Going straight to your wallet with their low price offers, isn't working in Ireland anymore. Now they've decided to go for the heart instead, with an supposedly emotional ad. Cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Virgin media ad, "the age of promiscuity", oh I understand, promiscuity and Virgin, how very clever.
    The ad on TG4, with diddly eye music instead of words, bloody weird.

"He's got a car. He's got a condo. He's got a big c**k. But that doesn't mean he gets you", as yer one runs off on him on the wedding day.

Well grand, but why did you say yes when he proposed, if those things mean he doesn't automatically get you? Stupid smug ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

"He's got a car. He's got a condo. He's got a big c**k. But that doesn't mean he gets you", as yer one runs off on him on the wedding day.

Well grand, but why did you say yes when he proposed, if those things mean he doesn't automatically get you? Stupid smug ad.

Exactly. I'd love to see who came up with that piece of ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,135 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

No idea what its for but the new ad with the kids eating spag bol and the little fella dips his hands in and slurps it everywhere .

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    No idea what its for but the new ad with the kids eating spag bol and the little fella dips his hands in and slurps it everywhere .

Believe it or not, its for Tesco. Clearly they have someone new in their ad department. I don't like him or her very much. Too smug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Believe it or not, its for Tesco. Clearly they have someone new in their ad department. I don't like him or her very much. Too smug.

I think they just take random food related clips from "You've Been Framed" and add just add the Tesco logo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

my3cents wrote: »
    I think they just take random food related clips from "You've Been Framed" and add just add the Tesco logo.

Perhaps if Jeremy Beadle were still with us and provided a typically humorous voiceover, it would be better (as well as making more sense).

The Boots "we wish it could be summer every day" ad unsurprisingly has almost as many dislikes as likes on YouTube. They even include the lyrics in the description...
    When the sun begins to shine, we all know it’s that time in summer where we prep those legs ready and add fake tan into your skincare routine. It’s the time where our toes are out and new beauty looks come to play… We wish it could be summer everyday! #FeelsLikeSummer

clint_ew.gif

What next? "It's a cruel, cruel cruel Christmas"?

15f8b3983e1443a714ef915cd3a6a9b9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The trailer on C4 for the upcoming The Great British Bake-Off with the cakes and ingredients singing.
    At first I loved it but it's on so often now it does my head on.

There's also a continuity announcer on Channel 4 and the way she pronounces "four" is IRRITATING.
    She's SO POSH and she says "Channel phwoar".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

And here's me naively thinking marriage was about more than materialism, who says romance is dead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

The family dollar is so hot right now, seems to be the theme of their current ad campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Perhaps if Jeremy Beadle were still with us and provided a typically humorous voiceover, it would be better (as well as making more sense).

The Boots "we wish it could be summer every day" ad unsurprisingly has almost as many dislikes as likes on YouTube. They even include the lyrics in the description...

clint_ew.gif

What next? "It's a cruel, cruel cruel Christmas"?

15f8b3983e1443a714ef915cd3a6a9b9.jpg

Hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Subway ad with the blandwich guy, Subway somehow manage to outdo themselves every time, feck off with yer nonsense.

Subway ad with the blandwich guy, Subway somehow manage to outdo themselves every time, feck off with yer nonsense.

Ironic thing is that Subway has the most impersonal customer experience of them all - even lidl.
    I dont blame the staff (who do their best and are unbelievably efficient) but the practices in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Ironic thing is that Subway has the most impersonal customer experience of them all - even lidl.
    I dont blame the staff (who do their best and are unbelievably efficient) but the practices in place.

Not to mention that everything in Subway tastes like Subway, and that is really, really not a positive.

I'd take bland over that gack Subway taste everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭spud82

THE TRIVAGO AD

fuuuuuuCCCCCKKcckkkkkkkkk OFFFFFFF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

spud82 wrote: »
    THE TRIVAGO AD

fuuuuuuCCCCCKKcckkkkkkkkk OFFFFFFF

'I've been saying this a lot lately'

don't we fu**in know it....

optogirl wrote: »

Every time I see it, I feel like smashing the TV with a hurley. SO annoying. It's on all the time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

optogirl wrote: »

Every time I see it, I feel like smashing the TV with a hurley. SO annoying. It's on all the time too.
    I just turn it down and watch her

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

In fairness to Lidl you get at least a "Hello" and some eye contact with Lidl staff (checkout) nearly every time and alot of the time a "How are you" to boot. Always found them to not be wanting in that department. Same goes for Aldi too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

"3.5 billion women on the planet

And no two are the same

So why should their pads be..."

Do they have 3.5 billion types of pad to sort this conundrum? No, they have 4. So, there are four groups of over 800, 000 women who they figure are roughly the same then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

I just turn it down and watch her

Oh yeah, hottest woman on telly at the mo.

Move over Rachel Reilly, you've been Trivagoed.

dresden8 wrote: »
    Oh yeah, hottest woman on telly at the mo.

Move over Rachel Reilly, you've been Trivagoed.

Can I not just have both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

Can I not just have both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can have my sloppies.. Unless i turn Mormon and marry them both.

In fairness to Lidl you get at least a "Hello" and some eye contact with Lidl staff (checkout) nearly every time and alot of the time a "How are you" to boot. Always found them to not be wanting in that department. Same goes for Aldi too.

Ya some nice people just the right amount of chat. On the rare ocassion I do not use the automated tills in Tesco or Dunnes you can be behind a person who has a who conversation with the person and your just like will you ever hurry the f$%k on. But in saying that the ones around the automatic tills can be very helpful

dresden8 wrote: »
    You can have my sloppies.. Unless i turn Mormon and marry them both.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ye can have her can I have James Nesbitt. :heart:

Ye can have her can I have James Nesbitt. :heart:

Sure as a man he does nothing for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

To get back on topic, the "blandwich" is what puts me off the latest Subway ad more than anything else.

Seriously, why are talking and singing sandwiches so popular with ad execs at the mo?!?! :mad: :mad: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

That Oral B ad with the headwrecking bint..... "I never even knew Oral B made toothpaste!" :rolleyes:

Advertisement