Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Penn wrote: »

YOU DIDN'T F*CKING DO ANYTHING! You pointed out that the bird landed on her shoulder after it already landed on her shoulder and she clearly acknowledged it! Why is she thanking you? You didn't make the bird come back. And why are you accepting her thanks? You didn't f*cking do anything to help!

Omg I have been saying this to my other half for ages now.
    The bird landed on her, the grandad says LOOK!, she says "Thank you Grandpa" but he did fu*k all!
    It's SO annoying!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Just saw this one a couple of nights ago, bizarre and cringeworthy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

gandalf wrote: »
    Just saw this one a couple of nights ago, bizarre and cringeworthy!

Unfortunately it will be back :o

100% agree, its so cringeworthy that its painful.

An post oh yeah ad and here come the bundys total cringe

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

fussyonion wrote: »
    she says "Thank you Grandpa" but he did fu*k all!
    It's SO annoying!!!!
    I presumed he had bought her the bird (maybe told the parents to buy it over there) and she was at first showing off the pet/present and then saying thanks for the present.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

rubadub wrote: »
    I presumed he had bought her the bird (maybe told the parents to buy it over there) and she was at first showing off the pet/present and then saying thanks for the present.

Wow, you have a vivid imagination? I don't see any of that in the ad even after your explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

rubadub wrote: »

That's what I've always thought too. Still annoys me though.

my3cents wrote: »
    Wow, you have a vivid imagination?
    Not really, she says "thank you grandpa" and he says "you're welcome princess" and I thought, "he must have bought it for her". Why else would she be thanking him? and if people think she is thanking him for magically getting the bird back -then why would be he accepting the thanks like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I absolutely hate the ad for toddlebox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

I haven't a bull's notion what this ad is about.
    But all that's in it is this screaming little brat,opening a parcel and just repeatedly yelling "oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah......."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I haven't a bull's notion what this ad is about.
    But all that's in it is this screaming little brat,opening a parcel and just repeatedly yelling "oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah......."

The ad is for An post. I dislike it too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Autosport wrote: »
    The ad is for An post. I dislike it too

I like that ad.Think I'm the only person who does though.

Something charming about the childs excitement and realising that you were like that at one stage yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

Something charming about the childs excitement and realising that you were like that at one stage yourself.

With my parents if I was ever like that I'd regret it for the rest of life, which would have been under 5 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Hungry house ads trying to be goggle box

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

EPAndlee wrote: »
    I absolutely hate the ad for toddlebox

Do they have a radio ad too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Do they have a radio ad too?

I'm not sure to be honest. I only listen to today fm and can't recall hearing it on that anyway

Its more the pitch and volume she shrieks at. The excitement is understandable. I dont like making unsavoury comments about innocent children so im not going to criticise the child herself but if you havent that emotional connection with the child that her parents have then i can understand that the ad would get very annoying straight away. I kind of dont get the whole point of the ad either. Are they trying to say that there is things in America that we cant get here?

Its more the pitch and volume she shrieks at.
    +1. In some countries, not sure about here, there are volume/decibel limits set for adverts.

I wonder if any fans of the ads would prefer if it was a little lower, I doubt anybody wants it that high. I flick over right away as it really blasts out and I do not want to disturb my neighbours, (it really is that damn loud) and it is also incredibly irritating to myself too.

Where limits are in place some advertisers were supposed to by employing sound technicians to deliberately make their adverts as loud as they were permitted. They can alter a soundtrack so it is technically at the same decibel level as before but actually is perceived as a lot louder.

This is the type of underhanded sly technique to be used by companies known for their ruthless, annoying and controversial marketing techniques, e.g. paddy power, ryanair, go compare, "crazy frog" ringtones, who seemingly have no problem being considered low-life scum. For a state company like an post to come up with such an objectionable ad is a disgrace. They knew fine well what they are at, scumbags.

It is even worse that they are exploiting young kids, knowing people will be less likely to call it out for what it is, and complain.

Look in the online shopping forum and you will see many complaints against the addresspal system, esp. stuff coming from the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

electric ireland ad for minor football champioship, brutal stuff. are young lads getting tight haircuts again? who the hell ever has a nickname of bagsy? looking for the shift? jesus its like 1992 ireland. this is major, all very driven and intense

Dickie10 wrote: »
    electric ireland ad for minor football champioship, brutal stuff. are young lads getting tight haircuts again? who the hell ever has a nickname of bagsy? looking for the shift? jesus its like 1992 ireland. this is major, all very driven and intense

That ad is such a load of cliched nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

they seem to put voiceovers on now with anything to do with GAA with people with mid munster accents. the same accent as that damien lawler guy on rte. i thimk thats his name. sound like the sort of accents i always hear down at the ploughing. i think its every where south of kildare type of accent

• Registered Users Posts: 3 K8YBK

The 'An Post' ad with the little girl SCREAMING while she tears open a present makes me want to smash my tv....doesn't help that im not a fan of kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

That ad is such a load of cliched nonsense.

Definitely. Nobody gives two fcuks about the minors, I think the clue is in the name...

jca wrote: »
    Definitely. Nobody gives two fcuks about the minors, I think the clue is in the name...

I go to alot of the underage hurling and football games because unlike the seniors there is no tactical straight jackets and I agree with their promotion but that ad is so fúckin cheesy and loaded with cliched rubbish. Something more authentic and real would be better. The AIB series of ads with the crazy animation and rap song not much better tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

"I never even knew Oral B made a toothpaste".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Jesus that ad about the tippy tappy wall thing, snuggles on Saturday morning, who writes this drivel? The singing Jaxx has a new song too. That fcukin jam ad is back to torment us too with the dopey father looking for his keys, I'll have to stop now I'm getting annoyed... Deep breaths, deep breaths....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭donegal_man

M&M's "I would anything for love"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The eir ad with someone cycling near the edge of a cliff. I'm terrified of heights, that segment freaks me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

madmaggie wrote: »
    The eir ad with someone cycling near the edge of a cliff. I'm terrified of heights, that segment freaks me out.

Yep. Infuriating. Singing out of tune. And WTF does "Let's make possible" mean? Makes no sense whatsoever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

laylag wrote: »
    The ad where the man is teaching his small child how to play the piano grinds my gears.

"Dayen to the greyend"

I can't explain why, but I always get the urge to punch that guy doing the 'tappy wall' thing straight in the pus every time that God forsaken ad comes on.

New Moon

Advertisement