Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Is anyone sitting through these Paddy Power ads in the ads during the football where they're reading out Youtube comments? Painful. I hate Paddy Power.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭elvis83

Thargor wrote: »
    Is anyone sitting through these Paddy Power ads in the ads during the football where they're reading out Youtube comments? Painful. I hate Paddy Power.

You beat me to it. I thought it was twitter posts they were reading. Good god it's annoying.

This feigned "banter". Seriously, who is it aimed at?

Remember the "Ladbrokes Life"? Ugh:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Radio ad for 123.ie I think. Daughter walks in on her father in the bathroom as door is unlocked - way too much shrieking and shouting. Especially if ad is on very early in the morning, too disturbing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

elvis83 wrote: »
    You beat me to it. I thought it was twitter posts they were reading. Good god it's annoying.

beat me to it too - those ads have been getting on my tits big time these last two Ireland games. The voice that reads out the messages - what the f*ck is that about!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

fricatus wrote: »
    Does anyone else find the guy's voice on the Three ads very annoying? He has this sort of high-toned, slightly sing-song delivery that's hard to describe but which sounds totally put on. And he pronounces numbers with that put-on vaguely American pronunciation, e.g "thirdy euros".

I haven't laid eyes on him, but I just know he has an annoying hiptster beard! :pac:

Its Emmet Kirwan. He was on the late late a while back . He's from tallaght. Also does ads for Super Valu and some other ones. Not sure why he's gettin so much voice over work - that fake posh accent he puts on is a pain in the hole!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

Its Emmet Kirwan. He was on the late late a while back . He's from tallaght. Also does ads for Super Valu and some other ones. Not sure why he's gettin so much voice over work - that fake posh accent he puts on is a pain in the hole!

When I am queen of Ireland, Emmet amongst others will be getting this treatment

SLfVyUp.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

Some soppy ad where some breathless bint wheezes

"heads... shoulders knees and (long pause) ...toes"

The way she pauses and sings the "toes" bit like she's smiling makes me want to kill again.

These high-concept "family is everything" and "sports are life-and-death matters" are getting out of hand.

I can't remember what these ads are for, they are so unbelievably annoying

Solution :

Bring back Julian Simmons reading tonelessly over a rostrum shot of some print ad for warehouse furniture shops off the Boucher Way Belfast

oJedwAu.png

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

I go to alot of the underage hurling and football games because unlike the seniors there is no tactical straight jackets and I agree with their promotion but that ad is so fúckin cheesy and loaded with cliched rubbish. Something more authentic and real would be better. The AIB series of ads with the crazy animation and rap song not much better tbh.

I was going to mention them. Those ads are ear and eye rape, fecking horrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

elvis83 wrote: »

Insecure people who feel they have to have a bet in order to have the craic.

Thargor wrote: »
    Remember the "Ladbrokes Life"? Ugh:

Ugh indeed! I'd love to see the sequel, with the unpaid bills, the single violent incident that changes the marriage, the divorcee flat above the Ladbrokes shop, the weekly visit with the kids in McDonald's, the barring order, the eviction...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Not sure if it has been posted before, but the one for the bank, can't remember which one.

Kids all excited in the backyard, because the parents have got them a flucking treehouse. Yes, I think I'll pop down now, & borrow money to buy my little tyke a treehouse. Maybe the bank see them as an ideal starter home now or something.

woejus wrote: »

These high-concept "family is everything" and "sports are life-and-death matters" are getting out of hand.

I can't remember what these ads are for, they are so unbelievably annoying
    Its gone completely mad, how many ads with some variation of "This is OUR Land/Our Time/Your County/Our Country/Your Time/Our glorious past" blah blah blah are on at the minute? It used to be just rugby but now all the GAA mongs are picking up cheques aswell, I find them completely unbearable. And of course its always attached to alcohol/gambling/fast food or some drink thats ~50% sugar, all of which lower your chances of succeeding, its so pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

trixiebust wrote: »
    Not sure if it has been posted before, but the one for the bank, can't remember which one.

Kids all excited in the backyard, because the parents have got them a flucking treehouse. Yes, I think I'll pop down now, & borrow money to buy my little tyke a treehouse. Maybe the bank see them as an ideal starter home now or something.

Ha ha, brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Christ. I've just seen that Tesco Mobile "Friend requeeeest" ad again for the first time in months. Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭trashcan

woejus wrote: »
    Some soppy ad where some breathless bint wheezes

"heads... shoulders knees and (long pause) ...toes"

The way she pauses and sings the "toes" bit like she's smiling makes me want to kill again.

IMG]

God yeah. Incredibly annoying voice. Also, the one where someone is singing the Stevie Winwood song Higher Love in a similar vein. The funny thing is I couldn't tell you what either of those ads is for. Surely the opposite of what they are trying to achieve ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

trashcan wrote: »
    Also, the one where someone is singing the Stevie Winwood song Higher Love in a similar vein. The funny thing is I couldn't tell you what either of those ads is for. Surely the opposite of what they are trying to achieve ?

That one's for Cow & Gate.

"Higher Love" isn't the only well-known pop song to have been stripped back for a TV advert in recent times...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

I'm sick of the ad's on YouTube that you can't skip through.....notably the ones for Vevo.

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

BOI :rolleyes:

They had unmerciful high standards of their customer service staff who believe you me face an onslaught of calls daily .... if only their marketing department was held to the same high standards or any standards in fact

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

ligerdub wrote:
    I'm sick of the ad's on YouTube that you can't skip through.....notably the ones for Vevo.

Try installing adblocker browser extension, it used to work anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Try installing adblocker browser extension, it used to work anyway.

More and more sites are detecting ad blockers, alas...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Dickie10 wrote: »
    electric ireland ad for minor football champioship, brutal stuff. are young lads getting tight haircuts again? who the hell ever has a nickname of bagsy? looking for the shift? jesus its like 1992 ireland. this is major, all very driven and intense

it's called "galway"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

the "lock on the mcarthys door" ad i think its for 123.ie.

i have a few issues; the 15 year old teenage daughter seeing her fathers balls and dick seem very odd image. is their a need to tell us shes 15? why does she stand talking to her father while hes naked, going on about if it was one of her friends?! the father be probarbly delighted!
    the father seems to have a serious dublin accent which is quite annoying while his daughter has a d4 put on accent but you can hear a country twang in thier too. why, if they live together and shes his daughter, have they such different accents.??

finally im divorcing this family phrase at the end is terrible line. really in all honesty was thier a need to bring a 15 year old girl into the image at all.?

also its all very noisy and shreiky ad. the voiceover guy sounds like a really sleazy guy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

It's seems like every bloody ad is family this family that.

The vhi ad with the patient and doctor sitting on the sofa, the doctor sympathetically touching her arm. I've had health insurance for 25 years, never met a doctor like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Dickie10 wrote: »
    the "lock on the mcarthys door" ad i think its for 123.ie.

i have a few issues; the 15 year old teenage daughter seeing her fathers balls and dick seem very odd image. is their a need to tell us shes 15? why does she stand talking to her father while hes naked, going on about if it was one of her friends?! the father be probarbly delighted!
    the father seems to have a serious dublin accent which is quite annoying while his daughter has a d4 put on accent but you can hear a country twang in thier too. why, if they live together and shes his daughter, have they such different accents.??

finally im divorcing this family phrase at the end is terrible line. really in all honesty was thier a need to bring a 15 year old girl into the image at all.?

also its all very noisy and shreiky ad. the voiceover guy sounds like a really sleazy guy too.

Heard that the other day, awful! The smarmy voiceover juxtaposed with the daughter and fathers shrill screaming match.

the fathers accent is really hateful, aul dub bolix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

The An Post ad wi the screaming child. It's harassment.

sorry was feeling a bit anti dub earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 11,346 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I see Maltesers have brought out their latest ad that portrays the person telling the story as an asshole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I see Maltesers have brought out their latest ad that portrays the person telling the story as an asshole.

Because thats where Maltesers come from.

Advertisement