Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

head....(excruciating delay)....shoulders.....(ah jaysus come on)....knees & .......toes

sang in that nauseating breathless tone with pictures of babies to pull at the heart strings....

Think it's for Fairy. Giz a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

The latest 3 ad...usual really irritating husky voiced dude..hot middle aged fella and his old dad...running a marathon...at night....makes absolutely no sense...awful ad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

The latest 3 ad...usual really irritating husky voiced dude..hot middle aged fella and his old dad...running a marathon...at night....makes absolutely no sense...awful ad

• Registered Users Posts: 33,746 ✭✭✭✭Penn

"... and this yoghurt is fat free"
    "FAT FREE?!"

B*tch what the f*ck did you think you were eating? Did you steal the yoghurt and not look at the lid or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Managing to put exactly $20 of fuel in a car is a driver win?

I just can't wait to get excited about putting an exact amount of fuel in my car next time I fill up, better still I'll put a few cents extra in and not get charged for it, even thats hardly a driver win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

That new one with a load of mouths on the screen singing a Blondie song.
    I think its for some singing show, bloody awful. :mad:

funeral ads on tv Are depressing

funeral ads on tv Are depressing

Yeah but you'll get a free pen if you don't die first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Penn wrote: »
    "... and this yoghurt is fat free"
    "FAT FREE?!"

B*tch what the f*ck did you think you were eating? Did you steal the yoghurt and not look at the lid or something?

Anything advertised as "fat free" is invariably full of sugar. I've even seen it on marshmallows...

my3cents wrote: »
    Yeah but you'll get a free pen if you don't die first.

Years ago Gift Grub parodied one of those life insurance ads. There was a great line in it "We'll even give you a gift of a carriage clock so you can watch those precious seconds tick by".

Anytime I see a life insurance ad now I think of that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

jojofizzio wrote: »

I half saw that with the sound down and assumed it was something to do with mens health, beating cancer or something like that. Then the 3 logo comes up, WTF was all that about? It's fecking broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

The ad for gabrielle chanel perfume. Kristen Stewart looks like she's high on drugs at the end of it. She has the most awfully boring face and eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

The Bloody Axa Red Line.............. it seems to be back after a welcome absence....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Radio5 wrote: »
    The Bloody Axa Red Line.............. it seems to be back after a welcome absence....

Oh yess, with a 10 year old Passat having being hit by a 15 year old Punto(which they won't insure anyway) I hate his (their) body

Radio5 wrote: »

Oh yess, with a 10 year old Passat having being hit by a 15 year old Punto(which they won't insure anyway) I hate his (their) body coloured bumpers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

i hate the axa red line ad. very annoying. Pair of fukcing hipsters cnuts. your one in her classy down northern accent calling him "moark". and himself looking dopey as ever with terriible fitting clothes. at a guess i bet your one is a secondary school teacher teching maths and science and mark the goon is working in tech or some pharma company, there prob after getting married in the last year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

I really dont understand what the brand is trying to convey with the other ad in that series where we see the female ogling/lusting over the male neighbour in his driveway, this all transpiring with her partner metres away. If the theory of advertising is to provoke an unconscious, emotional response from the viewer, then i associate axa with dishonesty in this instance.

Dickie10 wrote: »
    i hate the axa red line ad. very annoying. Pair of fukcing hipsters cnuts. your one in her classy down northern accent calling him "moark". and himself looking dopey as ever with terriible fitting clothes. at a guess i bet your one is a secondary school teacher teching maths and science and mark the goon is working in tech or some pharma company, there prob after getting married in the last year

It also follows the childish, ineffectual male / mature, clued in female trope that's increasingly common in ads these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,367 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I don't know if I despise it, its kind of funny but the Dominos advert "food for squads" it just seems like they are ripping the p1ss out of their customers making them look like dorks?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

darkdubh wrote: »
    It also follows the childish, ineffectual male / mature, clued in female trope that's increasingly common in ads these days.

But if you don't know people in relationships like that you obviously don't go out much.

• Advertisement

my3cents wrote: »
    But if you don't know people in relationships like that you obviously don't go out much.

Yes I do and I do get out sufficiently thank you. My point is that it's become a sort of PC trope in advertising in recent years and it's way overused. You won't see ads featuring couples where the woman is clueless about simple tasks and it's up to the man to sort it out. These kind of couples exist too.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Well said, this kind of lazy advertising pisses me off, never done the other way around as there would be sexist uproar etc..

darkdubh wrote: »
    Yes I do and I do get out sufficiently thank you. My point is that it's become a sort of PC trope in advertising in recent years and it's way overused. You won't see ads featuring couples where the woman is clueless about simple tasks and it's up to the man to sort it out. These kind of couples exist too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,387 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The AIG ad with the blind woman who did 7 marathons on 7 continents in 7 days.

Great achievement and fair play to her.

But the ad, with the f**king ‘uplifting’ music just grates at me for some reason!!

Sounds like a fecking X factor sob (my dog just died) story with a happy ending..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

some silly ad with a mother and daughter singing that old song Mr Sandman send me a dream. The lyrics are changed to send me scones and high tea or somesuch. What irks me royal about it is the way the little girl's singing part is horribly off key. Like nails on a blackboard!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

can you imagine the amount of these sickly ads are on the way for the festive season

1. emotionally manipulative images of children, wide-eyed and loving their parents
    2. some etherial voice singing a well known nursery-rhyme/love song in a dragged out tortured manner
    3. a bland tagline such as 'being family' or 'do celebration' or some such nonsense

Giz a break

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

optogirl wrote: »
    can you imagine the amount of these sickly ads are on the way for the festive season

1. emotionally manipulative images of children, wide-eyed and loving their parents
    2. some etherial voice singing a well known nursery-rhyme/love song in a dragged out tortured manner
    3. a bland tagline such as 'being family' or 'do celebration' or some such nonsense

Giz a break

Giz your money, more like

I think the evil laugh of the man in the other Address Pal ad is getting every bit as irritating as the little girl screaming 'oh yeah' continously.
    And the girl shrieking then....jeeez

optogirl wrote: »

Giz a break

Let's do possible....

Have ye seen the toothpaste ad on ITV where your one with the goofy smile meets a sap with massive headphones and an even bigger goofy smile..... Really really drives me nuts.

I like the new Audi ad though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Were helping you do familing easier this holiday season

Advertisement