Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

jca wrote: »
    Have ye seen the toothpaste ad on ITV where your one with the goofy smile meets a sap with massive headphones and an even bigger goofy smile..... Really really drives me nuts.

I like the new Audi ad though.

Yeah I have seen it and I do not get the voice-over saying "Are you ready to catch a lie?"
    Catch a lie?
    Sorry what now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

fussyonion wrote: »
    Yeah I have seen it and I do not get the voice-over saying "Are you ready to catch a lie?"
    Catch a lie?
    Sorry what now?

Can't say I've even listened to the voice over I just glaze over when the ad appears, I'll have a listen next time it invades my screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Ad for mercedes GLS 'start a family'

Why does everything have to come back to 'family'? So unless you are a family man or a family woman there's not much point driving one, is that it?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭mmg0305

I think it's 'Are you ready to catch an eye?'. But I had to play it back 3 times. Ghastly ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

wtf is with the Irish rail ad? A student flying in a big cup of tea, a talking duck and a biscuit-girl hybrid. Whoever came up with that was as high as a kite. :confused:
    The most surreal part is where the woman gives him a free packet of biscuits...a freebie on irish rail! yeah right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Probably the same sh*t the Beatles were on when they wrote Yellow Submarine. :)

Yeah, as ads go, it's way out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Lemonposset

The Aldi sauce aisle ad is just brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

The Aldi sauce aisle ad is just brilliant!

Isn't it? I just saw it for the first time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

ffs that aldi rogby kid is back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Dickie10 wrote: »
    i hate the axa red line ad. very annoying. Pair of fukcing hipsters cnuts. your one in her classy down northern accent calling him "moark". and himself looking dopey as ever with terriible fitting clothes. at a guess i bet your one is a secondary school teacher teching maths and science and mark the goon is working in tech or some pharma company, there prob after getting married in the last year

And they've spent some time doing the 'tappy wall thing' and bought a house with a singing toilet so they don't have a lot of money to spend on a car or insurance....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

ffs that aldi rogby kid is back

Manic progression, manic!!! Posh D4 family

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Manic progression, manic!!! Posh D4 family

He gives me manic depression.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Orielle

There's nothing wrong with speaking with a good accent....most educated people do anyway...Do you want them to speak with an inner city Dublin accent...or a rural accent that nobody can understand....standard Irish acents are the most pleasant to the ear....all the others are awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Orielle wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with speaking with a good accent....most educated people do anyway...Do you want them to speak with an inner city Dublin accent...or a rural accent that nobody can understand....standard Irish acents are the most pleasant to the ear....all the others are awful.

What's wrong with an inner city accent?
    What the hell is a 'standard Irish accent'?
    What 'others' are awful?
    You're coming across like a tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

What's a "good" accent? what's wrong with an inner city Dublin accent? or a rural accent "that nobody" (you?) can understand?

Are you saying most educated people speak with a neutral Dublin accent or something?

What accent do you have? Cos you write like a snob!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Orielle

Well for a start, I should apologize, because I am half French, and had to learn basic neutral English: However ....for example when people are interviewed on tv after a crime, or a shooting, it's hard to understand them....and Kerry is like a foreign language.... also Dublin....and I don't know how to say this correctly....but some people have very strong dialects..this is true in all languages....but 'neutral' is best...Apologies if I have offended anybody...I am not a snob...ssorry if you think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Well for a start, I should apologize, because I am half French, and had to learn basic neutral English: However ....for example when people are interviewed on tv after a crime, or a shooting, it's hard to understand them....and Kerry is like a foreign language.... also Dublin....and I don't know how to say this correctly....but some people have very strong dialects..this is true in all languages....but 'neutral' is best...Apologies if I have offended anybody...I am not a snob...ssorry if you think so.

I see! apologies, I thought you were a native speaker being snobby about working-class accents (there are plenty such people around!). I see you mean "best" as in "easiest to understand for a non-native english speaker". I'm sure you'll manage to get your head round the kerry accent one of these days. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

That annoying "only fools rush in" Elvis add for Virgin media, and even worse is Tesco back again with their "she's a supermarket woman" Hate them both

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Stevecw wrote: »
    That annoying "only fools rush in" Elvis add for Virgin media, and even worse is Tesco back again with their "she's a supermarket woman" Hate them both
    Was that the best Elvis impersonator they could find? Looks like Jim Carey with a hare-lip.

The 'supermarket woman' from the Tescos ad is the hungover post-party office worker in the Subway christmas ad. I watch too much tv.

My hated at the moment is the 'What the feck' girl in the return post ad. They're really knocking it out of the park with this series of ads

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    The ginger one? I thought she looked familiar but couldn't place her.

I know, it drove me crazy until I figured it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

"Anything you can do, I can do better!"

Nah, your singing's shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Samsung Galaxy ad. I'm bloody well fed up of that song now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,519 ✭✭✭caviardreams

The 'supermarket woman' from the Tescos ad is the hungover post-party office worker in the Subway christmas ad. I watch too much tv.

My hated at the moment is the 'What the feck' girl in the return post ad. They're really knocking it out of the park with this series of ads

Whoever is doing those addresspal/returnpal ads should be sacked.

First the screaming baby.... now this :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,787 ✭✭✭✭walshb

That fooking cringefest of an ad about giving up smoking with the actors "singing" "I will survive" by Gloria Gaynor. Mother of jaysus it's embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

I'm probably asking this question in the wrong thread,but is the new Heineken Don't Drink and Drive advert meant to be a dig at the Healy-Raes?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,149 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'm probably asking this question in the wrong thread,but is the new Heineken Don't Drink and Drive advert meant to be a dig at the Healy-Raes?
    If you mean the one where Sir Jackie Stewart is seen refusing a drink because he's still driving then I practically guarantee you that not one single person involved in the making of that ad has heard of the Healy Raes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

flazio wrote: »
    If you mean the one where Sir Jackie Stewart is seen refusing a drink because he's still driving then I practically guarantee you that not one single person involved in the making of that ad has heard of the Healy Raes.

I feel stupid now 😮

Advertisement