Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Really want to punch that "Curly Pieces" kid on the radio in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭valoren

The Blackrock Hair Restoration Clinic one is doing the rounds again.

With the manipulative message in the narration of something like..."You lost your hair and now you are so unhappy that it has completely destroyed your self esteem, come to us because we're the best, and we'll make you happy on the outside which in turn will make you happy on the inside....you bald loser..."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Wombatman wrote: »
    Really want to punch that "Curly Pieces" kid on the radio in the face.

What about the t.v?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The 'supermarket woman' from the Tescos ad is the hungover post-party office worker in the Subway christmas ad. I watch too much tv.

My hated at the moment is the 'What the feck' girl in the return post ad. They're really knocking it out of the park with this series of ads

And they show it twice per ad break? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

I'm not sure if it's mentioned but the "forced" singing in the Fairy Non-bio ad does my head in.

That whisper-ey / laboured..."hhheaaaaaad, shhhhoulders, knees and... toooooooes"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Daledge

"She's a supermarket woman"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Whoever is doing those addresspal/returnpal ads should be sacked.

First the screaming baby.... now this :mad::mad::mad:

Hopefully they'll get their P45 through Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I was only looking for milk :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

"Anything you can do, I can do better!"

Nah, your singing's shit.

If I could thank this a thousand times. Her voice makes me irrationally angry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 176 ✭✭nigel_wilson

I despite' these AIB Mortgages advert for the simple reason is that AIB disables YouTube comments and Shazam cannot find the song.

That kid is also slightly annoying but not anything compared to the feeling of not being able to find the song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Has anyone seen the SunLife ad for the "guaranteed over fifty plan" with the couple who have seen "the ads with Parky". Painfully scripted and acted. At the end there's a notice on screen that 9/10 new customers say they're good value, makes me wonder what established customers think of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

I'm sure it's been mentioned before but the "its's for women" car insurance ad.....all contributors are irritating....but Jaysus,the wan that utters the "Oi like to Kaep it all on-lion"....I just wanted to punch the the TV when she opens her mouth.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Radio5 wrote: »
    The Bloody Axa Red Line.............. it seems to be back after a welcome absence....

I'm sure thats yer wan as the mother in the Mcdonalds Dreamy Leamy ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

I'm sure thats yer wan as the mother in the Mcdonalds Dreamy Leamy ad.

Don't think so. I think the McDonalds ad was the same one as the "down there for dancin' " dishwasher repair guy ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

ligerdub wrote: »
    Don't think so. I think the McDonalds ad was the same one as the "down there for dancin' " dishwasher repair guy ad.
    spot on, definitely her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Whoever is doing those addresspal/returnpal ads should be sacked.

First the screaming baby.... now this :mad::mad::mad:

I have to mute the tv. Rotten ads, both.

That bloody ad for hearing aids is back 'verb or adverb?' Aaaaaaaaargh! It's not the worst but yer wan gives the correct answer and then makes a face when the other wan doesn't hear her properly.
    If it was real, she would say, that was what I said... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

LynnGrace wrote: »
    That bloody ad for hearing aids is back 'verb or adverb?'
    There has been a huge upsurge in sales of hearing aids ever since the "an post screaming brat" advert came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

rubadub wrote: »

Heh, that's a great ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Has anyone seen the SunLife ad for the "guaranteed over fifty plan" with the couple who have seen "the ads with Parky". Painfully scripted and acted. At the end there's a notice on screen that 9/10 new customers say they're good value, makes me wonder what established customers think of them.
    Or the one with the two women going around the garden centre talking about their dead friend and her funeral cover. The ad writers must have wanted to finish it on an upbeat note so two male characters waiting outside make a silly little joke and then bellow out this really ott and manic laughter. wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Thank god for the BBC channels is all I say, I find myself watching them almost exclusively these days, ad free bliss and BBC4 documentaries are second to none.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Afollower

Don't know if it's been mentioned already but the ad where Wee Daniel offers to have a look at the gas boiler is so bloody annoying. It's bad on the telly but now they've an off-shoot of it on the wireless - grrr!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Anyone noticed the old Mercedes in the confused dot com advert. In the US where they buy the car put petrol in it and then "park" it its a left hand drive but when the "skills" of a sheep whisperer are required on UK roads the "same" car is now right hand drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I'm really fed up of that toothpaste ad with yer man and yer wan on the train. She has a weird mouth too.

lertsnim wrote: »
    I'm really fed up of that toothpaste ad with yer man and yer wan on the train. She has a weird mouth too.

It is a stupid ad but i soooo would. She is damn fine in my opinion ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

It is a stupid ad but i soooo would. She is damn fine in my opinion ;)

Opinions vary, while I can see she should be attractive she makes me shudder when I look at her as she seems more of a caricature than a real person.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

In that Heineken ad with Jackie Stewart, I wish he'd be more honest and say "There's no way I'd ever drink that pisswater" instead of the "I'm Driving" excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The ads for foundation or skin cream with a woman who looks about 16, mad staring eyes, and a frozen expression. If that's what it does to you, I'm keeping well away from that stuff.

In that Heineken ad with Jackie Stewart, I wish he'd be more honest and say "There's no way I'd ever drink that pisswater" instead of the "I'm Driving" excuse.

hmmm not sure that would have got off the ground :D

Using Jackie Stewart is a bit silly anyway. With all due respect to him, he wouldnt be widely known amongst the u30s in spite of his unbelievable sporting achievements. I suppose though they couldnt exactly use Rooney :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

madmaggie wrote: »
    The ads for foundation or skin cream with a woman who looks about 16, mad staring eyes, and a frozen expression. If that's what it does to you, I'm keeping well away from that stuff.

Yeah they all have dozy made alien-y eyes and robotic expressions.
    So cringey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The portrayal of men as useless eejits in ads. The latest Prepay Power one is a prime example. Wifey is on her smartphone, while eejit husband can't even turn on the TV. It might have been funny at one time, but it's old, stale and insulting now.

Advertisement