Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

The 3 ad with the teenager showing the baby brother his reflection in the Snapchat "puking a rainbow"....just irritating...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

The current Permanent TSB ad with the idyllic couple and subsequent family. She looks like she is going to jump his bones in the bank when they get mortgage approval. The father seems to shoot home movies of the family on a grainy 60's 8 mm camera instead of a smartphone too, taking hipsterdom to a new extreme.

Another stupid bank ad(can't remember which one)-Julie and Cian sacrificing Saturday morning lie -ins for that tapped wall thing ....the most unlikely looking couple ever..poor casting...and worse ad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Another stupid bank ad(can't remember which one)-Julie and Cian sacrificing Saturday morning lie -ins for that tapped wall thing ....the most unlikely looking couple ever..poor casting...and worse ad

Saturday morning cuddles.... The singing jaxx I hate that ad with a passion.

jca wrote: »
    Saturday morning cuddles.... The singing jaxx I hate that ad with a passion.

When the reality is if they are buying a house together, the days of wearing the face off each other on Saturday mornings is long gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The Volvo ad for the xc60, it's great that the car has all those safety features but who lets a child walk to school or wherever at that age on their own. Shouldn't they also show the safe cross code. I'm surprised it's still being shown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

"Dreamy Leamy" and "the full on goslings", someone got paid for that work of genius.

Is it booking.com which goes "If you have to cancel, cancel! Most of the time its free!".

I booked with them last December. The hotel rang me 3 weeks before the booking asking me to confirm the booking. At that point, my trip was going ahead so they said "OK we will go ahead and charge for your booking". A week later, my trip was cancelled and I went to get my money back. They said I can't get my money back because I had confirmed the booking and paid.

So, just a warning. Most of the time its free, means some of the times its not free.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Just Eat: a big roomful of hipster douchebags complete with terrible hair.

Captain, captain, captain, captain, captain, captain...oh fcuk off!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

The Aldi appropriation of the theme tune to "The Addams Family" is ear grating, dunno who its aimed at as I'd imagine vast majority of kids today would be unfamiliar with the show/films/cartoon etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

The Aldi appropriation of the theme tune to "The Addams Family" is ear grating, dunno who its aimed at as I'd imagine cast majority of kids today would be unfamiliar with the show/films/cartoon etc.

I much prefer the football version.

"Your sister is your mother, your father is your brother..." :o:o:D:D;);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

The Aldi appropriation of the theme tune to "The Addams Family" is ear grating, dunno who its aimed at as I'd imagine vast majority of kids today would be unfamiliar with the show/films/cartoon etc.

Parents. You heard it and you looked up and you were informed Aldi has a ton of cheap Halloween stuff for kids. Even if you were irritated, you were informed. If you're old enough to know the tune, you can't help tuning into it the minute you hear it.

It's the same as that god-awful Toddlebox ad that has returned to our screens recently. You can't ignore it, even if you want to. (Though that one is less effective; it was ages before I figure out what the hell it was advertising.)

Sky ad with some dope talking about how much he loves eating crisps while watching the telly. 'Mmmmmmm I love my crisps', he sounds like some sort of crisp perv who jacks off as he polishes off his packet. Eewww.

No words can describe this abomination.
    https://youtu.be/jZtEXMBbaZg

Such cringey bullsh1t and cynical carry on too. There seems to be this flurry of silly so called 'heartstring pulling' ads copying John Lewis in recent years

Whats yer man from btw? Harry Potter?

Whats yer man from btw? Harry Potter?

Dont recognise him, also he can fill an amphitheater with ex girlfriends, his mickey must shoot flames at this stage. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Before I clicked that, I KNEW what it was.
    And I came here to complain about it too.
    It is unbelievably CRINGEY.

The ad for Kinder Surprise is doing my head in at the mo.
    "Have you been the surface of the moon lately?"
    Sorry, what?
    Do you mean "Have you been ON the surface of the moon?"
    Why did you miss out that word!?
    URGH.

Loved this YT comment 'Maybe all these people lost touch because you're a whinging feel me borezone.' :D

Loved this YT comment 'Maybe all these people lost touch because you're a whinging feel me borezone.'

Haha, yea he should be asking serious questions of himself as to why thousands of people have ditched him.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Once again Guinness latch on to something that has nothing to do with them, don't think I'll ever figure out what connection they have to a couple of black lads going around on horses in South Central LA.

Once again Guinness latch on to something that has nothing to do with them, don't think I'll ever figure out what connection they have to a couple of black lads going around on horses in South Central LA.

Guinness tend to use black and white (or ebony and ivory if you prefer) in all of their ads. Sort of subliminally in a way. Without sounding racist perhaps that is why they use black actors in some of their ads? Notice also the irish christmas ad with the night sky contrasting with the snow.

Gazza once told Paul Ince around 1997 he looked like a 'Pint of guinness' when he had a bandage covering a head wound... If it was today there would be uproar so Diageo might want to hold off on that one :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

BARRY SCOTT IS BACK AND HE'S NOW EVEN CREEPIER (If that's possible... that weird, empty grin at the end...nightmare fuel).

Why the rusty toolbox? Why? And no, that's not a euphemism.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

They didn't even come up with the idea themselves, it ripped off another ad with black inner city fellas on horseback for some US mobile company.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The Aldi family can **** right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

lertsnim wrote: »
    The Aldi family can **** right off.

Came here to post that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

OK, this is going to sound like a conspiracy theory not just because I'm wearing a tinfoil hat, but these Energia hamsters. I've profiled too many sadistic advertising companies to know where they're going with these...

It won't be long now until they're offering wee teddies of the hamsters when you switch. Feckin' hate these selling methods.

And yeah, the ads are sh*te too. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Whenever you mention hamsters I always think of this fake (student contribution to a competition I believe) ad...

Edit> Beware it might be a bit loud.

Guinness tend to use black and white (or ebony and ivory if you prefer) in all of their ads. Sort of subliminally in a way. Without sounding racist perhaps that is why they use black actors in some of their ads? Notice also the irish christmas ad with the night sky contrasting with the snow.

I love how the cops in the squad car just lets our bare chested protagonist and his horse on their merry way when recent history tells us a very different outcome would be far more likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

fussyonion wrote: »
    Before I clicked that, I KNEW what it was.
    And I came here to complain about it too.
    It is unbelievably CRINGEY.

Ha, I came in to complain about this ad too and i just knew it would be already lambasted here. Its horrendous. Yer man must be an awful insufferable ejit to hire an ancient roman amphitheatre to deliver his bull****e. I would have thrown the hot scolding brew onto his annoying face. Everyones sitting down because you're a needy bellend. End of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

I love how the cops in the squad car just lets our bare chested protagonist and his horse on their merry way when recent history tells us a very different outcome would be far more likely.

No it wouldn't.

Advertisement