Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

ligerdub wrote:
    No it wouldn't.

grand so

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

there was an add on last night,

featured a space man, in space no less, going to cut a wire on a satellite, but get this, when he does, you can see the earth below him plunge into darkness, as this satellite is some how running the power grid for the whole world.....

i mean, come on, who the fupp thought this was a good idea... its inconceivable...

i didn't catch the company that was responsible for this BS, but jesus, come on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

there was an add on last night,

featured a space man, in space no less, going to cut a wire on a satellite, but get this, when he does, you can see the earth below him plunge into darkness, as this satellite is some how running the power grid for the whole world.....

i mean, come on, who the fupp thought this was a good idea... its inconceivable...

i didn't catch the company that was responsible for this BS, but jesus, come on...

I saw it, dreadful drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ah Jaysus theres a Cystic Fibrosis "breathing exercise" ad thats basically a full minute of horrible liquid gurgling and coughing, its absolutely unbearable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The ad where the man is in the supermarket with his children. They are running around like wild animals and he says in a pleading, super annoying whiny voice 'kids, please behave'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

There's an ad for butter featuring a beardy fella and his mother. He looks very like the creepy Dad out of a car ad, the one where he tries to do a fist bump with the daughter when letting her out at school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Stupid Name: Ultimate A Cappella
    Stupid Ad: 'The 9 moving mouths'
    Stupid SFX: Whooowhaaawhoowa
    Stupid Channel: Sky1, pay for this?

Uncertain of the show itself, isn't there enough talent shows on already?

Screen_Shot_2017-10-20_at_01.12.25.png

I do like presenter wan: Cat Deeley, whom married the funny lad from Down, now living it up over in LA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Maybe a bit OT, cos I kinda like the ad itself.. but..

In the warning ad for a 'qualified gas repairer' with Daniel O'Donnell..

How the hell does Daniel get into the house? Mary's already in the living room!

'Hello Mary' :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Maybe a bit OT, cos I kinda like the ad itself.. but..

In the warning ad for a 'qualified gas repairer' with Daniel O'Donnell..

How the hell does Daniel get into the house? Mary's already in the living room!

'Hello Mary' :confused:

Obviously it's his minder opening doors for him. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

some one in Mercedes vans really made a cock up when they decided the music that renault used few years ago would be a good choice for their own advert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I quite like that Kadjar ad. That Mercedes ad is quite good too as ads go.
    Ironically, Mercedes are rebranding some Renault vans as their own too.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

madmaggie wrote: »
    There's an ad for butter featuring a beardy fella and his mother. He looks very like the creepy Dad out of a car ad, the one where he tries to do a fist bump with the daughter when letting her out at school.
    I haven't watched this ad properly, but is the whole thing that butter makes him see dead people?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

The TUI ad with the "ain't nobaby" remix.

wendydoll wrote:

Its an awful trend in adverts/trailers that only seems to be growing. Pick a well known, up beat song and cover it in borderline acapella/instrumental/sombre-morose tone. I think this bandwagon started with nouvelle vague and is eating itself now. Welcome to the jungle for lynx I think is my personal most hated of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Its an awful trend in adverts/trailers that only seems to be growing. Pick a well known, up beat song and cover it in borderline acapella/instrumental/sombre-morose tone. I think this bandwagon started with nouvelle vague and is eating itself now. Welcome to the jungle for lynx I think is my personal most hated of this.

What the f*ck?

I was reading, nodding along, I hate this type of ad. Half because it's lazy and been done a million times, but more because it's trying to attach your sh*tty c*nty brand to something already successful but entirely unrelated. So I'm already angry...

But Welcome To The Jungle? Slowed down? FOR F*CKIN LYNX??

Ooh, the pr*cks that did that better hope they never meet me.

Ol' Donie wrote:
    But Welcome To The Jungle? Slowed down? FOR F*CKIN LYNX??

https://youtu.be/og0ruxiuvEQ

I couldnt find the ad but this is the culprit, bloody awful, they are literally runnin out of songs to cannibalise now, so many acts at this ****e. Again I blame Nouvelle Vague for starting this boll*x

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

wendydoll wrote: »

Just seen it there. Desperate ****e. Wait till you book your dream tui holiday in torremoloinos and get there to be surrounded by chavs & skanks and they're little fat kids blocking the chips and burgers at the budget

https://youtu.be/og0ruxiuvEQ

I couldnt find the ad but this is the culprit, bloody awful, they are literally runnin out of songs to cannibalise now, so many acts at this ****e. Again I blame Nouvelle Vague for starting this boll*x

I ain't clicking on that.

No way José. F*ckin ad w*nkers.

(What's nouvelle vauge? No wait, don't tell me. I'm still in the red here.)

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

neris wrote: »
    Just seen it there. Desperate ****e. Wait till you book your dream tui holiday in torremoloinos and get there to be surrounded by chavs & skanks and they're little fat kids blocking the chips and burgers at the budget

it's too la la land vibe for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Speaking of song massacres, I didn't think it was possible to f up 'Mas que nada' (Brazil 66) but Seat seamed to have managed it.

Those hip-hop lads could destroy anything.

• Advertisement

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    Speaking of song massacres, I didn't think it was possible to f up 'Mas que nada' (Brazil 66) but Seat seamed to have managed it.

Those hip-hop lads could destroy anything.

Black eyed Peas had that version in 2006 featuring vocals from Sergio Mendez afaik.

Black eyed Peas had that version in 2006 featuring vocals from Sergio Mendez afaik.

Have yis seen the ad where Will I Am tries to pretend "remixing a classic" is an admirable thing to do as he butchers Sittin On The Dock Of The Bay in an ad for a f*ckin coffee machine??

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Have yis seen the ad where Will I Am tries to pretend "remixing a classic" is an admirable thing to do as he butchers Sittin On The Dock Of The Bay in an ad for a f*ckin coffee machine??

In marketing nothing is sacred.

In marketing nothing is sacred.

I think of that every single day.

And I support it 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

The one with the Orang Utang, trying to convince us that huge concrete structures all across our green landscape are just lovely for our environment. I used to buy in initially and then I'd realise what they're peddling. God I resent that. Maybe wind farms have merit but don't try to tell me they add to our landscape......

The one with the Orang Utang, trying to convince us that huge concrete structures all across our green landscape are just lovely for our environment. I used to buy in initially and then I'd realise what they're peddling. God I resent that. Maybe wind farms have merit but don't try to tell me they add to our landscape.....

Ah that ad is not the worst in my book. All ads are propaganda or horse shít lets be honest but there is a sort of soothing tone to this ad at least.

Depends on your outlook re wind turbines. Obviously i dont mind them within reason. Id hate for mountains to be covered in them but one or two have a certain charm about them i think.

The add itself is very wintery themed. Perhaps its due to the tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

That seems to be it alright.

I'll take Sergio's 66 version any day. Or even the 'Nossa' foxy version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p7ToiJ5Q9o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I haven't watched this ad properly, but is the whole thing that butter makes him see dead people?

I didn't get that :confused: I don't eat Kerrygold, but that ad wouldn't convince me. I still don't know who brought the horse to France.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Jaysus that new Nescafé ad is a tad dramatic. Thought it was something to do with mental health at first.

• Advertisement

Jaysus that new Nescafé ad is a tad dramatic. Thought it was something to do with mental health at first.

Anyone whose heartstrings are genuinely pulled by that cringeworthy ad is a complete sad b@stard. painful stuff. The marketeers should be all sacked but if sales go up then they will be vindicated irrespective of the level of cringe

Advertisement