Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

darkdubh wrote: »
    Jaysus that thing goes on forever. I almost never watch TV3 if I can help it and the infomercial sh!te they show late at night never ceases to amaze me whenever I stumble upon it.

There's a longer version than that too, one where a model walks in, strokes one of these guys heads, and he 'growls' or something.

It's the most cringey thing-like, the whole advert tries way too hard and is terribly misjudged...but that shot...ughh. It physically hurts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Obsession by Calvin Klein - the guy *****ing on about Kate Moss.....the grammar is off aswell and makes me wince

'I don't think that became aware to her till much later'

HUH?

There was a lot of criticism of Sue the Pig of Vodafone fame. At least they used a real pig. Theres a car ad, is it the Kona(?) where they use an admittedly cute looking, but CGI'ed black sheep. Thats what I hate about CGI. With a little bit of imagination, they could have used a real sheep, but no, they CGI the sh1t out of it. Instead of being endearing, it just looks lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Theres a car ad, is it the Kona(?) where they use an admittedly cute looking, but CGI'ed black sheep. Thats what I hate about CGI. With a little bit of imagination, they could have used a real sheep, but no, they CGI the sh1t out of it. Instead of being endearing, it just looks lazy.

They are creating celebrities to star in their next-gen reality TV series that they will not have to pay. It will start with some CGI-X-Factor contestants, they will become runners up to the runners up but will not be allowed to release their single at Christmas because they are contracted to let the winners have the Christmas number 1 and the runners up number 2. Then there will be the CGI-Big Brother contestants that get kicked out in the first week because of a massive controversy that they caused, and then CGI-Black-Sheep will appear alongside CGI-Meerkats and the stupid Bear type thing from Muller yogurts in I am a celebrity get me......:pac:

JD Sports. I do not like the whole lot. I am not sure why exactly i do not like it but it rubs me up something awful :o
    I just find it annoying.

There was a lot of criticism of Sue the Pig of Vodafone fame. At least they used a real pig. Theres a car ad, is it the Kona(?) where they use an admittedly cute looking, but CGI'ed black sheep. Thats what I hate about CGI. With a little bit of imagination, they could have used a real sheep, but no, they CGI the sh1t out of it. Instead of being endearing, it just looks lazy.

I dunno why, but I weirdly like that advert. I think it reminds me of the CGI Orangutan advert for electricity a bit ago. That was some really well done CGI.
    But the ram doesn't tick me off-and Sue was the only thing to emerge from the vodafone advert with dignity-everyone else is just...:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

That Johnny Depp one for Sauvage is atrocious, like something from Zoolander.

That ad is ridiculous. " What is it I'm looking for ? ".

The remnants of your film career Johnny ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

That pranksters are replacing the "v" with an "s" in Mr. Depp's Sauvage billboards is apparently widespread.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The TUI holidays ad, where the girl with the gap in her teeth is miming, badly to "ain't nobody".

I don't know what it is exactly about the ad but its one of:
    - the bad miming
    - the lack of effort from her
    - the poor cover version itself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

razorblunt wrote: »
    The TUI holidays ad, where the girl with the gap in her teeth is miming, badly to "ain't nobody".

I don't know what it is exactly about the ad but its one of:
    - the bad miming
    - the lack of effort from her
    - the poor cover version itself

But the crabs are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

my3cents wrote: »
    But the crabs are good.

Wouldn't be a sun holiday without catching something

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,149 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Because perhaps the Teachers Union of Ireland wanted to show a real person on holiday instead of some plastic surgery doll.
    Besides, she doesn't look too bad in a bikini from the brief glance we get.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Patww79 wrote: »

if the model was too attractive, it would be threatening to the women aged 30-50 who mostly buy package holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The Amazon singing boxes ad. They get my goat because the boxes are delivered in pristine condition, in reality your box arrives looking like the obese delivery driver has been using it as a cushion.:mad:

The Amazon singing boxes ad. They get my goat because the boxes are delivered in pristine condition, in reality your box arrives looking like the obese delivery driver has been using it as a cushion.:mad:

That's a definite recent thing-I've even gotten boxes that were barely held together. Just seconds away from falling apart.

Going back a bit ago...the boxes were always pristine. IT shows how over worked the ground crew are at amazon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

That's a definite recent thing-I've even gotten boxes that were barely held together. Just seconds away from falling apart.

Going back a bit ago...the boxes were always pristine. IT shows how over worked the ground crew are at amazon.

As I keep pointing out to Amazon there is no point in easy to open frustration free packaging if it falls apart before it arrives!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,949 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Maybe because normal people don't have cosmetic dentistry fake magawatt smiles?

I don't like the ad but I doubt if any guy would turn up his nose if she showed up in her bikini at the pool on their Tui holiday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

The amount of people focused on her teeth is bizarre. I noticed a gap in her front teeth, but that made her appealing in my eyes. The entire advert itsself is what irritated the hell outta me.
    Don't get the teeth thing at all.

It seems to be getting worse alright. Maybe a combination of bad packing and careless delivery. I got a seriously battered and flattened box with the seams burst open on 2 corners leaving gaping holes, suprised that none of the stuff had fallen out or been pinched in transit.
    This scene was all I could think of

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

It seems to be getting worse alright. Maybe a combination of bad packing and careless delivery. I got a seriously battered and flattened box with the seams burst open on 2 corners leaving gaping holes, suprised that none of the stuff had fallen out or been pinched in transit.

Most of my recent Amazon packages have been barely holding it together. Got a bunch of pens a while back and two of them were poking out the end of the packet!

Their current cardboard-open-envelope style is useless for small fiddly items; they really do need something different for those.

DivingDuck wrote: »
    Most of my recent Amazon packages have been barely holding it together. Got a bunch of pens a while back and two of them were poking out the end of the packet!

Their current cardboard-open-envelope style is useless for small fiddly items; they really do need something different for those.

The large boxes are bad too-got now boots off of amazon a few weeks ago, the box was battered and bruised. I've noticed the cardboard is flimsier too. I often reused amazon boxes for storing papers and other stuff before throwing them out.
    Now the box goes in the bin as soon as I open it. I'm less inclined to order books from em too.

The Vodafone ads with Martin Freeman. I like him as an actor and the first couple were ok because they were played for laughs. Now they are turning into that highly sickening brand of syrupy christmas romantic schmaltz.
    Pass me a bucket quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

Think it's a an post ad where it has a baby whaling like a lunatic has to be the most irritating ad ever

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

As if BooHoo.com's ads weren't crap enough, now there's a Kardashian in it. There's no f*cking escape from them!

Oh, and the theme song is incomprehensible nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,149 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Maybe it's just me but I don't think Andrew Scott is a good choice for advert voice-over. Electric Ireland use him and I just can't trust anything Moriarty is trying to sell me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

They've brought back the Lotto ad with that creepy fat weirdo with the sideburns dressed as a baby again . Will we ever see the back of that thing?

darkdubh wrote: »
    They've brought back the Lotto ad with that creepy fat weirdo with the sideburns dressed as a baby again . Will we ever see the back of that thing?

Oh please God no! :( It's like something you would have seen on Eurotrash back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Lemonposset

You know whos face has been CGI'd to bits? Ellie Goulding's in the Pantenne ad. I know she's had work done but in that ad they've made her look inhuman and it's genuinely creepy.

• Advertisement

You know whos face has been CGI'd to bits? Ellie Goulding's in the Pantenne ad. I know she's had work done but in that ad they've made her look inhuman and it's genuinely creepy.

It's the Michelle Keegan/ Kardashian/ Jenner effect- the girls get into their late teens, 20s, and then butcher their faces. Bloody tragic.
    The woman who ages naturally is always beautfiul.
    The plastic 'not-so-fantastic' women are just...horrible.

Advertisement