Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Walken could teach that whippersnapper a thing or two :cool:

I actually recognise her. Margaret Qualley who was in "The Leftovers" (fantastic programme), where she was quite good. Her mother interestingly enough is Andie Macdowell (from 4 weddings and a funeral & groundhog day fame).

I agree with everybody though. Absoutely bizarre ad:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

There's a fella who does radio voice overs and he has the weirdest, most exaggerated D4 accent I've ever heard. ... He used to do a McDonalds ad for the "eurew-saver" menu and is now doing one for "EW-Brien's" off-licences. Think he may have done a "Spor" ad too. I don't get how this fella is continually given voice over work, nor do I understand how he can listen to himself and think he doesn't sound like a bloody twat!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,149 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I hate these charity ads that tell you how "Just €4 will make a difference" emphasising the "€4 will do..." over and over before telling you to text whatever to 57 whatever to help whatever it is.
    It's a deliberate mislead to make people think they are making a one off donation of €4 from your phone credit/bill like many other charities do when in fact its just passing on your information to call centre chuggers.
    What a horrible way to try to do some good.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Skullface McGubbin

Suckit wrote: »
    The iPad Pro.

I feel a little bit of vomit coming up every time the neighbour comes out the back door and says "Hey. Whatchya doing on your computer?"

"What's a computer?"

Ugh.

God, I can't stand that ad. That androgynous c*nt is insufferable. God only knows what gender pronoun that person goes by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

I hate the Tui ad that's running on Sky One between breaks, terrible voice and reminds me of the Rimmel London look

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

I hate the Tui ad that's running on Sky One between breaks, terrible voice and reminds me of the Rimmel London look

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Walken could teach that whippersnapper a thing or two :cool:
    Walken is a trained dancer. I was wondering why he was so good in the fatboy slim video, and I have subsequently seen him in other things

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Walken#Early_life
    Walken initially trained as a dancer in music theatre at the Washington Dance Studio before moving on to dramatic roles in theatre and then film.[12]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Ah yes, that's from the Cannon film's version of Puss in Boots. By then the budgets for their movies had shrunk so much, there was no 'cat' makeup for Walken to wear.

Very odd film, saw it as a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

flazio wrote: »
    I hate these charity ads that tell you how "Just €4 will make a difference" emphasising the "€4 will do..." over and over before telling you to text whatever to 57 whatever to help whatever it is.
    It's a deliberate mislead to make people think they are making a one off donation of €4 from your phone credit/bill like many other charities do when in fact its just passing on your information to call centre chuggers.
    What a horrible way to try to do some good.
    Yeah. "Just €2 a month....". How many months exactly? They avoid mentioning that.

• Advertisement

Did anyone at An Post ever come out and admit to signing off on THAT AddressPal ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

As you do

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

That Apple ad where the obnoxious kid asks "What's a kompewdah?" It's that fcuking thing you're tapping and swiping at you moron!

Anyone seen that new Just Eat ad, the one done in a Glee style?
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

Currys PC ad on radio. it has a child that speaks terribly in an American accent you can barely hear what he says

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Dickie10 wrote: »
    Currys PC ad on radio. it has a child that speaks terribly in an American accent you can barely hear what he says

Is that the curly pieces one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

yes ,does the child say curley pieces? why?

Those bloody tui ads are awful. And they seem to be on constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,949 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Chrimbo limbo?

Two dopes fckn tools going on about the 5 days over Christmas.

This is worst ever!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭George White

Why this RSA #ForCiaran ad in widescreen? IS IT TO MAKE THE SHOTS OF THE GRIEVING FAMILY MORE CINEMATIC/GLOOMY? The news footage doesn't look good in widescreen, nor does the phone camera stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,135 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

If I see that awful Lotto ad with the eejit in the bed and the fools of nurses cooing I am actually going to ring the Lotto people
    So insulting to nurses and if the roles were reversed their would be blue murder . Horrible creepy ad and its raised its ugly head again over Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Currys/PC World one, annoying kid helps with the voice overs, grrrrrrrrrrrr, why do they treat us this way!!!, might give up on the aul TV with the way it's going!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Why this RSA #ForCiaran ad in widescreen? IS IT TO MAKE THE SHOTS OF THE GRIEVING FAMILY MORE CINEMATIC/GLOOMY? The news footage doesn't look good in widescreen, nor does the phone camera stuff.

Totally agree, It's an extremely sad ad. :( However, if it discourages one person from drink driving I say it's worth running.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

New Rspca advert-it's not the content, it's the horrific voice over acting, its terrible and phoned in.

It actually undermines the heartbreaking images. Aand i say this as someine who abhors animal cruelty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    If I see that awful Lotto ad with the eejit in the bed and the fools of nurses cooing I am actually going to ring the Lotto people
    So insulting to nurses and if the roles were reversed their would be blue murder . Horrible creepy ad and its raised its ugly head again over Christmas

Hate that song in it too especially that headwrecking "money money money money" bit they have in the shorter version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The new ad for 123.ie with the talking grey hairs. It makes me feel sick, just something icky about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    Yep, that TUI ad is terrible. Thought about it for a while. The increase in the tempo is the bit that gets me. It's like the drummer in a mediocre wedding band had a little toot before the gig and counted it in too fast and everyone just went with it.

It's an instant ear worm for me. I like the song and I'm going to end up hating it because of this. It was a 'moneys no problem' advert and is run at prime slots but they screwed up.
    The lad on the holiday doesn't get a look in. It's all about her holiday.

FFS, finally someone spends money on an ad and this is what we get.

I hate her whingy fu5king voice

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

There's a Vodafone ad on that I've seen a couple of times and for the life of me I've no idea what they're trying to sell.
    Little sad kid looking out his bedroom window, sees a car pulling up and young bearded guy gets out and rings at the door.
    The Mother (I presume) gives bearded guy a big hug and he comes into the house, says hello to kid.
    Kid not impressed and remains sad.
    Ad continues with beardy reading kid books, playing ps4, bringing him to football, going crab fishing in Dalkey and falling asleep on couch.
    Last scene sees beardy helping kid with his homework and kid says "Thanks Dad"...!!!
    I mean WTAF...????
    Am I missing something here.
    Is this bloke his father??
    If he is why the fuk did the kid not like him??
    If he's not, why did the kid call him Dad?
    And WTF has this to do with Vodafone??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,135 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

There's a Vodafone ad on that I've seen a couple of times and for the life of me I've no idea what they're trying to sell.
    Little sad kid looking out his bedroom window, sees a car pulling up and young bearded guy gets out and rings at the door.
    The Mother (I presume) gives bearded guy a big hug and he comes into the house, says hello to kid.
    Ad continues with beardy reading kid books, playing ps4, bringing him to football, going crab fishing in Dalkey and falling asleep on couch.
    Last scene sees beardy helping kid with his homework and kid says "Thanks Dad"...!!!
    I mean WTAF...????

I read it like this , man is childs mothers boyfriend . Child not sure but slowly warms to him . Warming continues until child calls boyfriend Dad as he has accepted him as that now
    No clue what it has to do with Vodaphone though

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

I mean WTAF...????

Sounds like that horrible McDonalds ad from a while back. Except that the Dads not dead.

Advertisement