Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Rowaslip, relieves the symptoms of colds and flu!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

There was an ad yesterday with the opening line 'The Festive Season, we're so over it'. YESTERDAY. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

TUI ad, I know its been mentioned umpteen times at this stage but it's soooooooooo annoying and on sooooooooo often!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

The Dublin Mint Office ad - what is with the voice over woman's accent? It's like a bizarre hybrid of several counties and sounds awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Valentina wrote: »
    The Dublin Mint Office ad - what is with the voice over woman's accent? It's like a bizarre hybrid of several counties and sounds awful.

The fact those those con men are even allowed to advertise on the TV is very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

my3cents wrote: »
    The fact those those con men are even allowed to advertise on the TV is very annoying.

What is the catch with them? Is it the usual Pringles job? Once they chop they won't stop stop stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That McDonald's ad with the two women trapped in the lift is back. It doesn't bother me till she says Maccy D's. Who calls McDonald's that? Annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

lertsnim wrote: »
    That McDonald's ad with the two women trapped in the lift is back. It doesn't bother me till she says Maccy D's. Who calls McDonald's that? Annoying.

It sounds like 'Micky D's'-but she has an accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭Suckler

Money Supermarket ad (I know, I shouldn't expect much) with the dancing skeletor. Bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Gutted that Christmas is over but delighted I won't have to see that stupid cringy Vodafone Ad with the Christmas memories and the dancing, dabbing child in them any more. Possibly the worst xmas ad of them all this year.

• Advertisement

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Gutted that Christmas is over but delighted I won't have to see that stupid cringy Vodafone Ad with the Christmas memories and the dancing, dabbing child in them any more. Possibly the worst xmas ad of them all this year.

I have a feeling they made that advert so they can reuse it...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

The English money supermarket featuring He-man and Skeletor ad Jaysus Christ, it get on my mam tits so bad!

This one is just as sh1te!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Money Supermarkets ads are always sh!t. Wouldn't expect anything less from a glorified loanshark company.

Money Supermarkets ads are always sh!t. Wouldn't expect anything less from a glorified loanshark company.

They go viral-like, they're a scumbag company, but their adverts go global.

Initially it's like 'hmmm, clever' and then it becomes bloody torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

Creme Egg ads back on yesterday. The time of purification is at hand for ad execs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

woejus wrote: »
    Creme Egg ads back on yesterday. The time of purification is at hand for ad execs.

It's now ten years since the "Here Today, Goo Tomorrow" campaign.

Which was great, of course - but I wonder what the reaction would be if it was made today...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

The AIB ad is back, bloody hell... The couple with the car and the child called Evan. She has one of the most annoying voices imaginable, and drives away, giggling like the greatest gobsh1te ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,685 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

LynnGrace wrote: »
    The AIB ad is back, bloody hell... The couple with the car and the child called Evan. She has one of the most annoying voices imaginable, and drives away, giggling like the greatest gobsh1te ever.

They had to chop it a little to exclude some bits but in essence the headwrecking majority of it remains...
    http://www.asai.ie/complaint/financial-8/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

They had to chop it a little to exclude some bits but in essence the headwrecking majority of it remains...

They chopped out the bit where she said 'serious browney points, serious browney points' which she used to say in a south county Dublin accent as 'serious brainy points, serious brainy points'.!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,089 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

The new Coke Zero ad....why are they offering Coke Zero to nursing home residents??looks like the aspartame (or whatever sugar substitute it has)promotes psychotic behaviour in older people...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

jojofizzio wrote: »
    The new Coke Zero ad....why are they offering Coke Zero to nursing home residents??looks like the aspartame (or whatever sugar substitute it has)promotes psychotic behaviour in older people...

Would old people be the best niche market for coke? I'm not so sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Sounds like that horrible McDonalds ad from a while back. Except that the Dads not dead.

The comments on that video are absolutely hilarious.

jojofizzio wrote: »

Psychotic behaviour is the least it does-the worst it does is make you poop your pants.
    It's a laxative. It's why regular vs diet foods are more than likely to make you poop yourself. Because besides being an artificial sweetener, it's gonna make you poop alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    And him dabbing along to whatever he was listening to on those oversized headphones. Just the one snag; they weren't actually plugged into anything.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geLXN7m8Cf8

19 seconds in. And yes; they have a cable, so they weren't bluetooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I didn't know that. Interesting.
    I'm glad they had to chop it a bit, still painful as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

job seeker wrote: »
    Those marketing twats are always trying to find a new untapped demographic.

There's an ad for fitted bedrooms that really makes me mad, this showoff housewife is taking her friend in to display her new bedroom. The way she announces it is so bleedin pompous and stuck-up 'and this (pause for effect, open the door) is the new fitted bedroom'.
    When the friend sees it she is stunned and gasps 'wow!' like she's witnessing the birth of Christ.
    Next thing you know there is a big line of women down the hall waiting to see her poxy bedroom.
    Keeping up with the Jones's bullsh1t :mad:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

There are 3.5 billion women on the planet, and no two are the same. So we made 4 different pads.

So, that's 4 of them covered (scuse me). They made that whole add to sell pads to just 4 women in the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

job seeker wrote: »
    Felt they were almost inspired by the Simpsons.

The Eircode ad is back, the one where the guy doesn't know his mother's address, but he knows her Eircode. Sure.

• Advertisement

There are 3.5 billion women on the planet, and no two are the same. So we made 4 different pads.

So, that's 4 of them covered (scuse me). They made that whole add to sell pads to just 4 women in the world?

They're also getting rid of the 'blue' liquid. And replacing it with 'red liquid'...which is so very darn annoying.

Advertisement