Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

EICVD wrote: »
    That new Vodafone ad, jaysus Christ it does my head in!

Watch it closely and see can you spot the amount of red in it. Even the coat in the back of the car changes location when the camera angle changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dazkie

That Vodafone ad just grates at this stage...corny, cliched and constantly, constantly on.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,135 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

dazkie wrote: »
    That Vodafone ad just grates at this stage...corny, cliched and constantly, constantly on.

All ads eventually grate I find . They are over used and become annoying

Well I'm glad I suppose that the kid is building a relationship with his 'dad'....at the rate this country is going, this kid will be still living with him when he's 50 😜...

Thanks Dad

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

This is a 6:00am whats app message sent every morning, this..... this..... this. Love to punch that pretentious pri*k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 xmasracing

The dancing twat for Avonmore milk before and after the RTE weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Currys ad. Hate it with a vengeance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

This is a 6:00am whats app message sent every morning, this..... this..... this. Love to punch that pretentious pri*k

it actually looks like elder abuse - the state of that oul fella doing a marathon!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭bizidea

Any ad that has its the law in it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Im having to mute the ad breaks these days because of this Getting to Know You Vodafone crap, its a form of torture at this stage. WTF does it have to do with a mobile network anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

That AXA redline one with the twat in the beard. He has to die. Painfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

That AXA redline one with the twat in the beard. He has to die. Painfully.

He's a pain, but she's a fine thing, so i tolerate it. 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Flo and Joan have yet another ad out! Make it stop please :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Can anyone tell me why the National Lottery need to run the same advert twice... in the same commercial break. They do it constantly, on Sky Sports anyway. Not the same particular ad every time, but whichever ad they run with, it's repeated in that 3 minute slot? Why? Di they think we didn't get the message first time around?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Thargor wrote: »
    Im having to mute the ad breaks these days because of this Getting to Know You Vodafone crap, its a form of torture at this stage. WTF does it have to do with a mobile network anyway?

They should play "cats in the cradle"...where the fcuk is "real" dad...the mothers obviously a skank ..poor kid probably goes through this scenario every few months......:rolleyes:

They should play "cats in the cradle"...where the fcuk is "real" dad...the mothers obviously a skank ..poor kid probably goes through this scenario every few months......:rolleyes:
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭valoren

Thargor wrote: »

Their using the network facilitates their 'bonding' I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

He's a pain, but she's a fine thing, so i tolerate it. 😊

I'd say many a LCD panel has escaped defenestration by the charm of this woman alone.
    Just imagine if this ad had been done with Jason Byrne accompanying 'Beard guy' instead of the lovely Rachel. (I think I read somewhere that she is called Rachel in these ads, under a Youtube video I think, or maybe I'm mixing it up with Steve & Rachel Rachel & Steve:eek:)
    Hardly Normal could sell enough replacement tvs that they might finally be able to end the sale that seems to have been running since JFK was still alive. :P

Car ads generally...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

blueser wrote: »
    Di they think we didn't get the message first time around?
    Probably, since many run out during the ads or flick about hoping to miss most. Some of these double ads are half as long as other ads, so likely cost the same, but probably stick in the mind more.
    poor kid probably goes through this scenario every few months......:rolleyes:
    rich kid! he knows he gets pocket money and much better xmas & birthday presents if he calls them dad.

Is that ad realistic at all? there is no sign they got married or he adopted the kid or anything? would a kid of that age call, what is presumably his mother's boyfriend, "dad"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Those Haribo ads with the adults talking with kids voices!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Aaah no!

what you have to do, is imagine a group of little kids have been given the sweets and let go at it. THen their conversations are recorded and edited into the ad. I never 'see' the adults, I always see the kids. Odd I suppose, but I'm a big softy.
    No matter how often I see this ad, I smile.

I think this was probably stolen from Creature Comforts - unscripted (I think) conversations are edited and then animated using Plasticine creatures a la Nick Park.

My own pet hate is the "Ah thanks Dad!". It doesn't work like that in real life , well, not in my extended family. That kind of trust-winning takes a LONG time. Its a bull**** notion from a bull**** ad agency that think they have a finger on the pulse of society. Or want us to think so.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Repped, head melting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

...I'm a big softy...

No room for big softies around here. You need to be double hard and ruthless. Ruthless ! :P:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

That TUI ad with the horrendous cover version of Ain't Nobody.Puke at its worst.

....I laugh, I sneeze....there goes my bladder....

ðŸ„

...the date from hell, unless you brought goggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Fixodent...at last, I can do a big horsebite into an apple in my ballgown by the light of the silvery moon

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    No room for big softies around here. You need to be double hard and ruthless. Ruthless ! :P:)

Wont SOMEONE think of the children???:eek::D

THe bladder ad....

there's a point in that ad where she says something like ..

".. blah de blah, but NOW...." at which point I half expect the 'funny' friend to appear and really test our heroine's new found product.

:
    That TUI ad with the horrendous cover version of Ain't Nobody.Puke at its worst.

Apparently the singer in the ad is a 'real' singer, not the actress/singer/dancer/charidy activist rolled into one. tuneless and flat as a pancake. I mean if it was just Mary down the road, picked from amongst their customers because she's photogenic and given a free holiday and told "give it your best shot, and do the singing as well" , then perhaps I might say , ok, she's brave for getting up there. But to think its 2 professionals is difficult to credit.

To make it worse, the 'singer' has now had her self delusion validated.

Edit: I have authority to say all the above as I'm a very photogenic singer, with acting ability to burn :o::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

:

Apparently the singer in the ad is a 'real' singer, not the actress/singer/dancer/charidy activist rolled into one. tuneless and flat as a pancake. I mean if it was just Mary down the road, picked from amongst their customers because she's photogenic and given a free holiday and told "give it your best shot, and do the singing as well" , then perhaps I might say , ok, she's brave for getting up there. But to think its 2 professionals is difficult to credit.

To make it worse, the 'singer' has now had her self delusion validated.

Edit: I have authority to say all the above as I'm a very photogenic singer, with acting ability to burn :o::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D

It's dubbed, the voice does not belong to the actress.
    I had to laugh when this ad was pushed as a sponsored ad on my Instagram and all 400 (at the time) comments were negative.

I have noticed that the latest version of the ad, don't use the girl directly and it's moved to an acoustic only rendition.

Advertisement