Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

you guys do know that the Kia Ora advert is seriously racist, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,949 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Sure everything is racist if you want it to be.

It was about polluted orange for kids.

#metoo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Are you the sort of maniac lives in a fortified home and has savage dogs wandering the grounds?
    Then the new Range Rover Velar is the vehicle for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

The Weetabix ad with the giant and the child with the highly irritating northern UK accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭valoren

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    The Weetabix ad with the giant and the child with the highly irritating northern UK accent.

It's the law of diminshing returns sadly. They've done it before, but better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

How exactly is it racist?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Are you the sort of maniac lives in a fortified home and has savage dogs wandering the grounds?
    Then the new Range Rover Velar is the vehicle for you.
    Why not have a dinner party, then let your pack of bloodthirsty landsharks run loose so they can tear your guests to pieces as they arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    How exactly is it racist?

Because the kid in it is black and then there are crows, and it's about orange, and it's sunny, and the crows... and the kid.... kia-ora.... singing.... crows...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Suckit wrote: »
    Because the kid in it is black and then there are crows, and it's about orange, and it's sunny, and the crows... and the kid.... kia-ora.... singing.... crows...

Ah here would you stop.how in the name of christ could the kia ora add be racist.so what if the lad in it is black.what has that got to do with a young lad out around the place on a hot day and getting a thirst?
    There’s lads around the place now and if you p1sssd sideways they would be saying it’s racist and I’m not saying you by the way.
    The lad in the add was happy out and if they used a white lad,people would be complaining that the white lads are always on the Telly.
    My understanding is that the lad was out tipping around on a hot day and he was fierce lucky he had a bottle of kia ora with him for the thirst.
    the cloud then being equally sound topped up the glass for him. The crows were local chancers who wanted a sup of kia ora and were willing to lie and pretend they were a dog in order to gain a sup. The crows were chancers but nothing more sinister then that and anyway I’d say the lad is well able to handle himself and has a laugh with the crows but isn’t put out by their messing.
    Nothing racist in the kia ora.people just like having a moan.
    On a side note kia ora is a New Zealand greeting which means hello among the mauri people.ask the boys in rotarua

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Long Quote

Whooooosh....

7f2.jpg

• Advertisement

Ah here would you stop.how in the name of christ could the kia ora add be racist.so what if the lad in it is black.what has that got to do with a young lad out around the place on a hot day and getting a thirst?
    There’s lads around the place now and if you p1sssd sideways they would be saying it’s racist and I’m not saying you by the way.
    The lad in the add was happy out and if they used a white lad,people would be complaining that the white lads are always on the Telly.
    My understanding is that the lad was out tipping around on a hot day and he was fierce lucky he had a bottle of kia ora with him for the thirst.
    the cloud then being equally sound topped up the glass for him. The crows were local chancers who wanted a sup of kia ora and were willing to lie and pretend they were a dog in order to gain a sup. The crows were chancers but nothing more sinister then that and anyway I’d say the lad is well able to handle himself and has a laugh with the crows but isn’t put out by their messing.
    Nothing racist in the kia ora.people just like having a moan.
    On a side note kia ora is a New Zealand greeting which means hello among the mauri people.ask the boys in rotarua

Hilarious explanation.......funniest bit being...the lad was out tipping around on a hot day and he was fierce lucky he had a bottle of kia ora with him for the thirst.

Suckit wrote: »
    Whooooosh....

7f2.jpg

In fairness, after the poster said it was racist I googled it and it was seen as racist. Like WTF.

See this joke about UM Bongo......

http://southendnewsnetwork.com/news/boy-7-suspended-from-school-after-taking-racist-um-bongo-in-his-lunchbox/

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭neirbloom

Hell must be a place where this ad is played on a constant loop. Mentioned countless times but the Vodafone ad with the new step-father, find it more unnerving then wholesome which I guess is what they were going more for.

Trivago girl I wouldn't mind seeing more of now.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Oh that An Post ad with the child SCREECHING is absolutely awful. Definitely played on a loop in Hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

neirbloom wrote: »

Hell must be a place where this ad is played on a constant loop. Mentioned countless times but the Vodafone ad with the new step-father
    I could see nothing in the ad to suggest he was the step father, or had adopted the kid. I first saw it at a glance and presumed it was the case. This is why I was asking before if this really happens (kids calling boyfriends dad out of the blue). There are some extremely negative comments about that ad online.

As for addresspal, there is a new ad for headache tablets where a little girl comes out and is about to blow a party blowout whistle thing, the yokes that unravel and make a loud sound. The father is dreading the thought of it.

However the marketing team for the headache company must have deliberately decided NOT to be complete and utter fcuking cnuts, and got the makers to turn the sound down to an acceptable level -rather than request it to be the maximum decibel allowance as the anpost cnuts must have done.

I would love to have seen the discussion in an post "so it's all agreed, we are setting out to deliberately infuriate people, yeah?!" absolute scum, especially after reading how it is affecting autistic people.

Would be good to go into the GPO with a speaker speaker and start blaring that crap out. Or just go in roaring "oh yeah, oh yeah, OH YEAH" until you get turfed out! would be a good campaign, roar it and leg it out before they get a chance to do anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

...as I have Aspergers and loud noises etc unnerve me, also the Aviva multicar insurance Ad with the loud and abnoxious car alarms, opera singer pulling up beside the other car driver etc... loud, chaotic and messy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

"Being with Electric Ireland is smorsh

Being with us and never switching again is smorsher"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ah Jaysus they're after bringing back the one where that moon-faced twat is in a Roman amphitheatre with a crowd of people and spotlights, "Sit down if you've never seen me cry..." etc, I hate that ad.

Thargor wrote: »
    Ah Jaysus they're after bringing back the one where that moon-faced twat is in a Roman amphitheatre with a crowd of people and spotlights, "Sit down if you've never seen me cry..." etc, I hate that ad.

I like that ad, so sue me. But I'm a coffee junkie, so there's that.

I despise the Joom adverts.

There's a new one for Lenor that's a bizarre, erotic red riding Hood kinda thing. It's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Thargor wrote: »

That narcissistic tit. Wish someone would throw a javelin at him. Was at Dunnes yesterday and they didn't have the usual instant I drink, so went out of my way to avoid the Nescafe products due to that dreck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,135 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I despise the Joom adverts.

s.

The Joom are so bad that I wonder who on earth would actually buy from them based on that ad ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

The Unstoppables advert "scent lasts for 12 weeks - which (sniffles) is longer than any relationship I've ever been in"

Not surprised, you're a twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Doge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

You're a coffee junkie and you drink that Yak's piss?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

doolox wrote: »
    ...as I have Aspergers and loud noises etc unnerve me, also the Aviva multicar insurance Ad with the loud and abnoxious car alarms, opera singer pulling up beside the other car driver etc... loud, chaotic and messy.

I also have Aspergers and that Aviva ad really annoys me too.

There's also a trend in modern broadcasting of certain things in the media, particularly concerts, that really bugs me, whereby they jump from one camera angle to another angle every couple of seconds max. The Aviva ad, I think, affects me for very similar reasons.
    I don't remember this being the case with any concert recordings back in the 70s and 80s when I was growing up and stone mad for the metal.

A good example of the thing I mentioned is very noticeable with live videos of one of my favourite old school bands, Iron Maiden. I can still watch the likes of their "Live After Death" concert video from 1984-1985 comfortably. But watching their "En Vivo" gig in Rio from ~2012 makes me feel seasick and really uncomfortable because of the constantly changing camera.

Sometimes even chat shows on TV have this effect if they keep changing camera too often. I really don't know why they do this. (Too often for me is changing angle after only between 2 and 7 or 8 seconds have passed, although I'd prefer it to stay put at least 15 seconds ideally.)

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    You're a coffee junkie and you drink that Yak's piss?

I'll do unspeakable things for a caffeine fix, not proud of it...gonna be on the Ray D'Arcy show in two weeks discussing my caffeine depravity. *

*No, I won't.

This is the lenor advert-is it me or is it ripping off that chocolate advert?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

One that’s really killing me at the minute is the new Nissan ad with the Dad racing the kids down the side of the volcano or whatever it is.

He doesn’t even beat them down the mountain. The mum at the beginning looking asif she will never she her kids again.

And then the slogan. “Built to build families”. The whole is thing is an utter crock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Photographer guy using some flight/hotel site - he seems REALLY important

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭p to the e

Doge wrote: »

I said to my girlfriend the other day that the new coke ad looks exactly like the piss take from the Simpsons. Great minds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The TUI ad that we all love to hate has changed. The "singing" isn't as screechy as before. Perhaps they were reading this thread?

Advertisement