Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

All those fuppin' Wix ads on youtube, grrrrr, approaching peak ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

The Unstoppables advert "scent lasts for 12 weeks - which (sniffles) is longer than any relationship I've ever been in"

Not surprised, you're a twat.

If you think this ad is bad, then you should really avoid Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. He's one of the main characters in it.

Actually come to think of it, everybody should avoid that show anyway. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Don't really hate it, but the dairy milk ad where the 5-6 year old girl goes into the shop and comes out with a 200g dairy milk bar for her mothers birthday, and the mother hugs her.

I would have been frogmarched back into the shop with my mother apologising about me having stolen a bar that must cost about 4 euro in a corner shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

rubadub wrote: »
    Don't really hate it, but the dairy milk ad where the 5-6 year old girl goes into the shop and comes out with a 200g dairy milk bar for her mothers birthday, and the mother hugs her.

I would have been frogmarched back into the shop with my mother apologising about me having stolen a bar that must cost about 4 euro in a corner shop.

But the difference is the little girl has a mother you have a mammy.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

Haven't checked the thread for this but just saw the ad for some aftershave (I think it's called Sauvage) with Johnny Depp in it. The words "what the **** **** was that" came out of me.
    The first **** begins with C and ends in t. The second **** begins with f.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

It's a telling sign an advert's bad when the comments on it are disable. I'm talking about the 'What's a computer' advert by apple. 50 K downvotes. I have a feeling some marketing exec is crying into their coffee cos of 'harassment' aka 'targeted audience hate our advert'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQB2NjhJHvY

I want to hate the animoji advert, but I end up singing along...dangit. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭Panrich

I’m pretty sure that the Paddy Power ad with the tone deaf guy in the wheelchair looking at fat arse cracks has already been mentioned.

The second I hear his monotone droning assaulting my ears, I reach for the remote.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Haven't checked the thread for this but just saw the ad for some aftershave (I think it's called Sauvage) with Johnny Depp in it. The words "what the **** **** was that" came out of me.
    The first **** begins with C and ends in t. The second **** begins with f.
    It's called Sausage, Dior Sausage - ". . . with warm, earthy tones, reminiscent of a Saturday morning. . . "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

The drive safely ad ..Ballymun, a fork in the roooooooooad.........(absolutely strangled voice) neverrrrr, ever will I see her.......

F*ck I hate that ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Joom. Very badly dubbed, they're talking when mouths are closed, and no talking when their mouths are moving. Also, it's yet another ad when the man is a bumbling imbecile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Joom. Very badly dubbed, they're talking when mouths are closed, and no talking when their mouths are moving. Also, it's yet another ad when the man is a bumbling imbecile.

I think it's meant to be badly dubbed to give it a quirky trendy hipster feel to it. I wouldn't mind but Joom is an awful dodgy looking site. Wouldn't buy anything off it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I think it's meant to be badly dubbed to give it a quirky trendy hipster feel to it. I wouldn't mind but Joom is an awful dodgy looking site. Wouldn't buy anything off it

I doubt it-bad dubbing is just a cheap company being cheap.
    If it's a hipster being 'cool' then they have to realise bad dubbing has been a trope of comedy for years. Waynes World even made fun of it.

These adverts just remind me not to buy off of Joom.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,148 ✭✭✭✭flazio

optogirl wrote: »
    The drive safely ad ..Ballymun, a fork in the roooooooooad.........(absolutely strangled voice) neverrrrr, ever will I see her.......

F*ck I hate that ad.
    Mute the song and play Alabama 3 Woke up this morning instead. Sopranos, Ireland style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

That Quorn ad "what can Dave do to make it up to ehateverher name is for working late ?"

Her "fave spag bol..."

So he's out working his knackers off, she's sat at home watching soaps and the poor sap has to cook when he gets in ????

Tell her to f**k off lad!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭trashcan

F*ck I hate that ad.

I'd thank this more than once if I could. Vile, vile add. This thing with annoying singing voices is really getting prevelant now.

latest rotten strangled version of a song is the Pixies Where Is My Mind - good grief, is nothing sacred?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

'Way down we go' Rugby ad. It seems to on for about 2 minutes. I don't even know what it's for. I mute most ads now anyway. TUI, Vodafone, Fork in the road ads seem to be on non stop.
    Agree with that Quorn ad. The soft fool has to make it up to her for working late? Why didn't she make the dinner for the fella after he been out working late. Also, Quorn mince, why bother? It's not mince, it's synthetic stuff that looks like mince. It's like alcohol free wine, why bother?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭alanc2003

The woodies ad with the lad who outlays 3/4 of his wages on the mortgage. What bank gave him a mortgage in the first place and how can he afford to decorate the place, feed the family and pay the bills?

alanc2003 wrote: »
    The woodies ad with the lad who outlays 3/4 of his wages on the mortgage. What bank gave him a mortgage in the first place and how can he afford to decorate the place, feed the family and pay the bills?

I pay 60% of my wages in rent.....tis tough but what else can you do. Also have 2 kids with dinner habits that need funding :P

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭alanc2003

I pay 60% of my wages in rent.....tis tough but what else can you do. Also have 2 kids with dinner habits that need funding :P

he pays 75% of his though and still has the money to buy cushions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,685 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The new Three ad, marathon runner fella running in the US sends picture message home ..."This is 2.8MB of data, a picture that your dad sent home with a simple message, we finally did it..., at Three we're the only network to give you all you can eat data".

It would cost €14.22 to send a 2.8MB photo home from your phone from the US with Three, bloody joke of a company, whoever in the company signed off on the ad is a clown only drawing attention to their absolute rip off for US roaming.
    Data €5.08/MB

http://www.three.ie/roaming/prepay/US

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IerKxsEnDmI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Christ that Sky Bet Soccer Saturday gobshights doing the Icelandic clap- cringe

• Registered Users Posts: 18,367 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

that badly dubbed joom advert,makes my ears bleed

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

That milk intro before and after the RTE weather forecast or rather that teeth grinding whistling tune it uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,949 ✭✭✭✭anewme

There's a Thomas Cook ad with a child in a tutu with a pair of flippers. I don't know if it's the child or the music or maybe both I hate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Avonmore, couldn't think of it. The song with the whistling sets my teeth on edge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Not sure if they've been on TV but the two at Heuston Station for Irish Rail - the smug c**t who sees his kid waiting for him at the station and he'd rather sit there with his overpriced lukewarm tea and end up in the arse end of nowhere.

Then the even smugger clearly D4 resident Trinners politics student who is sat in a cup of tea, eating a biscuit with his mouth open.

I want to kick him squarely in the cheekbone!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

The Virgin Media ad with the Missy Elliott song "We run this" I cannot stand it! The song, the dancing; the mummy dancing in particular. It's just awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

F*ck I hate that ad.

Hadnt seen that until just now. Thats is an awful ad for so many reasons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Get lost Flo and Joan. Their 'fry up' ad is the worst one yet :mad:

Advertisement