Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,367 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

New advert for Barnados. ...its bloody awful.

Main actress wouldn't getva look in on Fair City, she's that bad.

And the child is wearing one of those p*ssy hats from the women's march.
    Woeful.

that will be a channel switcher, awful, awful message

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Did I...did I just see an ad for gluten-free shampoo?

Possibly. I have seen German ads for shampoo containing caffeine.
    Obviously it's a (caffeine) shampoo aimed at people who permanently have one of those paper coffee (yuk!) cups in their hand. You know, the ones that have emerged to fill the vacuum created by smoking bans, in order to make sure our air still stinks.

Seriously, I'm not so sure if coeliac condition extends to external contact such as scalp. The gluten free shampoo may be about something like that if it does. But caffeine in shampoo, that one seems like snake oil to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

duridian wrote: »
    Possibly. I have seen German ads for shampoo containing caffeine.
    Obviously it's a (caffeine) shampoo aimed at people who permanently have one of those paper coffee (yuk!) cups in their hand. You know, the ones that have emerged to fill the vacuum created by smoking bans, in order to make sure our air still stinks.

Caffine supposedly promotes hair growth.

Gluten-Free shampoo is just bizzare, is it a known brand?

Mayo Clinic says coeliacs would not be affected by gluten in shampoo or cosmetics unless they eat them, as gluten is not absorbed through skin.
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/celiac-disease/expert-answers/celiac-disease/faq-20057879

So the gluten free shampoo sounds kinda faddy too.

I don't know which brand the ad seen by Lemonposset featured, but Google search throws up brands by iHerb and Sam McCauleys.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Lemonposset

I found it, it's for Herbal Essences Bio-Renew. I don't think it's aimed at coeliacs at all, I think it's aimed at people who like 'clean eating', presumably so they can practice clean cleaning

https://ispot.tv/a/wFpm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

The Volkswagen ad for the rugby is stupid. If I was a buyer and I was going in with no one around they would not see me again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The Volkswagen ad for the rugby is stupid. If I was a buyer and I was going in with no one around they would not see me again

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw it earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I found it, it's for Herbal Essences Bio-Renew. I don't think it's aimed at coeliacs at all, I think it's aimed at people who like 'clean eating', presumably so they can practice clean cleaning

https://ispot.tv/a/wFpm

I'm a member of a few coeliac groups on Facebook, and they're all having a right laugh at this ad. It's aimed at daft people who don't know any better.

madmaggie wrote: »
    I'm a member of a few coeliac groups on Facebook, and they're all having a right laugh at this ad. It's aimed at daft people who don't know any better.

Was thinking that may be the case. But as I knew it's related to the immune system, and have no personal experience of the condition, I was only about 95% confident that it was totally silly.
    Thanks for confirming.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Irish Ferries ad really makes me wince... that fellow with the high voice - Xavier Rudd. God, I can't stand it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

madmaggie wrote: »

Reminds me of that bottled water that 'contains oxygen' from a few years back.

Never mind all that 'oxygen' dissipates once the bottle opens, and that the stomach doesn't absorb oxygen.

New Fish Fingers advert has me confused.
    Capt Birdseye is now younger, and has a grandkid. But we never saw his wife, or kids before...and now he has grandkids.
    huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Just saw it there. What a ridiculous way to try and highlight how well your team works.

I still dont understand how people are paid to come up with these ideas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Reminds me of that bottled water that 'contains oxygen' from a few years back.

Never mind all that 'oxygen' dissipates once the bottle opens, and that the stomach doesn't absorb oxygen.

New Fish Fingers advert has me confused.
    Capt Birdseye is now younger, and has a grandkid. But we never saw his wife, or kids before...and now he has grandkids.
    huh?

Sonny don't away I'm here all alone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

The f***king b**tard Always adverts!!!!

Stop talking about "flow" at fupping team time!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

That smooort homes pillock.
    Anyone else wonder why he pronounces it this way

EICVD wrote: »
    I know that TUI ad has mentioned here but I actually like it!

TUI girl is one of my "unusual people you fancy".
    Nothing on Trivago girl but always like when she comes on

That Guinness ad with the gay rugby player telling his story.

No problem with a gay rugby player overcoming demons but it's an ad for ****ing Guinness.
    Hate that ad

• Registered Users Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

That Guinness ad with the gay rugby player telling his story.

No problem with a gay rugby player overcoming demons but it's an ad for ****ing Guinness.
    Hate that ad

Isn't the current one for a short player, who was told he was too short to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The knight who comes back to the castle from his quest to find a credit card is a terrible actor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

The knight who comes back to the castle from his quest to find a credit card is a terrible actor.

He should be vanquished.

But hung drawn and quartered would be good.

• Advertisement

my3cents wrote: »
    He should be vanquished.

But hung drawn and quartered would be good.

I'd settle for rogered to death by his horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

I honestly thought we had gone past the age of "dubbed over" adverts, that was until I saw that ad for Joom, where the two women are "talking" to each other about their dresses.

It's so ridiculous it's almost funny.

I honestly thought we had gone past the age of "dubbed over" adverts, that was until I saw that ad for Joom, where the two women are "talking" to each other about their dresses.

When the adverts are dubbed with an Irish accent. it's f**king pathetic!!

Either we make our own or leave them be.

That one for the painkiller where it's so obvious as the ambient noise stops as bogger says he has no time for a headache - gets on my t**s!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

"I never even knew Oral B made a toottthh-ppp-hhh-aste"

Why does that annoy me so much??
    Is it because that isn't even funny,or is it because that Oral B have been making toothpaste for as long as I can remember?

When the adverts are dubbed with an Irish accent. it's f**king pathetic!!

Either we make our own or leave them be.

That one for the painkiller where it's so obvious as the ambient noise stops as bogger says he has no time for a headache - gets on my t**s!!!!!

There’s an ad for Pedigree “Dentastix” as well that is really badly dubbed, although the demeanour of the girl in the ad is much less annoying than the ones in the Joom ads.

Also hate that painkiller advert. I’m sure headaches plan out their occurrence around whether some hipster working in a kitchen has time for them.

jca wrote: »
    Sonny don't away I'm here all alone...

Your daddy’s a sailor who never comes home (apart from when he wants a bit of how’s your father, evidently.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

duridian wrote: »
    Your daddy’s a sailor who never comes home (apart from when he wants a bit of how’s your father, evidently.)

Give that man a fish finger:)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Those Actimel ads are annoying me, latest one with the guy whose outdoor clothes fly onto him, fluffy hat and red jacket, ***ker.

Thankfully the TUI ads have let up a bit but the Mace ad with the demented dancing and emoji heads has increased in frequency.:mad:

https://www.actimel.co.uk/stories

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Those Actimel ads are annoying me, latest one with the guy whose outdoor clothes fly onto him, fluffy hat and red jacket, ***ker.

Thankfully the TUI ads have let up a bit but the Mace ad with the demented dancing and emoji heads has increased in frequency.:mad:

https://www.actimel.co.uk/stories

The comments on that Mace ad are hilarious

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

The Cow & Gate ad with the stripped-back recording of "Higher Love" has returned.

Que sera sera...

Advertisement