Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I hate the ads where the annoying boxer dog with the Russian accent asks the extremely offputting man 'what doing?'.
    The most disturbing thing about them is that the man lived with his wife or gf at the start, but she moved out and left him when his questionable relationship with the boxer became too much for her to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The Cow & Gate ad with the stripped-back recording of "Higher Love" has returned.

Que sera sera...

What’s annoying about that for me is that James Vincent McMorrow covered the original in a certain style, and this just copies that. So it’s a cover of a cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭FionnB

lertsnim wrote: »
    Anyone figured out what the message in the Vodafone ad is? How is it linked to the Vodafone brand. Surely someone has figured it out by now. Bring back Sue and the odd couple that stole her.

Not only that, but the kid has the most filthy teeth.

The Park ad

The woman is bellissima, but what's the weird dance about?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Jaysus that ad is so badly dubbed.

Here’s the original
    https://youtu.be/eskVL9D5Fz0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Jaysus that ad is so badly dubbed.

Here’s the original
    https://youtu.be/eskVL9D5Fz0

I do wonder sometimes if there's an actual *rule* among Irish ad agencies that adverts from Britain and America must be dubbed over where appropriate...

Mind you, British agencies can be just as bad sometimes - dubbing over regional accents with posher ones. Remember the Tesco F&F "Supermarket Woman" ad?

The model, Charlotte Wiggins, sounds nothing like this in real life - because she's from Liverpool.

And didn't that old Channel 4 soap set in some close make Liverpool accents acceptable? :confused:;)

brookie.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I saw a new version of that Flash singing dog ad. I hope that it doesn't turn into series. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Mercedes E class ad, where the girl growls 'awesome' in the weirdest voice over

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Michael Collins coin ad. The "Oirish" accent sounds like a computer generated version of what someone thinks is a generic Irish accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,949 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Someone singing head and shoulders knees and toes in a slowed down baby voice.

Hate it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Patww79 wrote: »

I blame Lily Allen for fupping up a perfectly acceptable Keane song.

Actually we can stop at the first four words.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

anewme wrote: »
    Someone singing head and shoulders knees and toes in a slowed down baby voice.

Hate it.

So ****ing slowed down that they sing nay instead of knees.

I blame Lily Allen for fupping up a perfectly acceptable Keane song.

Actually we can stop at the first four words.

They were coming before the Lilly Allen effort.

Did we not have a bad power of love ((frankie) and a couple more before Lilly ruined Keane's sing.

The John Lewis Christmas ads are big culprits in this.

anewme wrote: »
    They were coming before the Lilly Allen effort.

Did we not have a bad power of love ((frankie) and a couple more before Lilly ruined Keane's sing.

The John Lewis Christmas ads are big culprits in this.

Oh hell I've just remembered that, you're right.

Back to therapy it is.

Oh hell I've just remembered that, you're right.

Back to therapy it is.

Some terrible dirges altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Wow, so politically correct it becomes a parody, are they trying to troll Trump supporters?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Thargor wrote: »
    Wow, so politically correct it becomes a parody, are they trying to troll Trump supporters?

Such cringe, Christ!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Patww79 wrote: »

Another one for Trocaire with a slowed down version of a Coldplay song, the one with that "we live in a beautiful world" line. I fupping hate Coldplay enough to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Those "Mace Face" ads. Christ, they're annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The insurance ads with jennifer maguire (yer one from bridget & eamon) acting like a right bitch for some reason to some clueless lad. e.g. he finds a needle in a haystack and she drops it on purpose and is seemingly disgusted that he finds it again. No idea what is going on.

rubadub wrote: »
    The insurance ads with jennifer maguire (yer one from bridget & eamon) acting like a right bitch for some reason to some clueless lad. e.g. he finds a needle in a haystack and she drops it on purpose and is seemingly disgusted that he finds it again. No idea what is going on.

I get the feeling she ain't acting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

That one for credit unions with yer wan at he dentists. Ditzy blond blathering on with some yoke stretching her gums open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

darkdubh wrote: »
    That one for credit unions with yer wan at he dentists. Ditzy blond blathering on with some yoke stretching her gums open.
    The person acting the part of the dentist gives me the creeps. Seriously weird ad all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

There's a McDonald's advert for coffee at the moment that I really like-the condescension from all the staff, and that one red head who's like 'two thirds coffee, one part milk, one part foam....yeah' with this 'chuffed' with herself smile is one I really enjoy. I think it's because we've all had those tosspot 'servers' who treat us like crap, then expect a tip. Or do the 'our coffee is this expensive cos of this'...and it's like, just give me caffeine, hell, pee in the cup, I'll drink it if I think it's coffee and cheap.

Ditto the Trocaire advert-I think it's the cover version by Clairity, was in Xmen Apocalypse. I hate cover versions slowed down, and when the song is already slow to begin with...it's like the playback machine is broken or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Another one for Trocaire with a slowed down version of a Coldplay song, the one with that "we live in a beautiful world" line. I fupping hate Coldplay enough to begin with.

Which is worse, third world hunger or Coldplay?

It's close, but the silver medal goes to third world hunger.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ttenneb

thalia_13 wrote: »
    Mercedes E class ad, where the girl growls 'awesome' in the weirdest voice over

"You've always said one day you'd drive a Mercedes". I don't always say it. In fact, I've never said it and don't propose to.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Which is worse, third world hunger or Coldplay?

It's close, but the silver medal goes to third world hunger.

Nah.

Deffo Coldplay.

Pardon me, half read your post. Concur wholy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Nah.

Deffo Coldplay.

Are we saying the same thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

New advert for Barnados. ...its bloody awful.

Main actress wouldn't getva look in on Fair City, she's that bad.

And the child is wearing one of those p*ssy hats from the women's march.
    Woeful.

It's an awful ad. She immediately blames her husband/partner by shouting "Where is she?" but the funny/stupid part is that he says "What do ya mean where is she?"!! Like who do you think, you dopey eejit. Awful acting. Child services should come at the end and take the kid off of them since they can't even mind her for a minute.

Advertisement